U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 06:06 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Convert54
:Yet individually I know Dems that are very conservative and repubs that are liberal. Go figure.
yet most will collectively lump it all together as "they":

Well Convert54 and other lib/dems:
I know the governator is a Rep. on paper but being married to a Kennedy should say something.
An yes I do agree its both parties doing the damage but by far its more of a Dem/Liberal caused mess.
Frankly: being that the GOP held control of both houses of Congress as well as the White House from 2001-07 I hold them responsible----------during that era illegal immigration was flat out of control. And I thought the Patriot Act was in place to secure our borders.

The above diatribe coming from one very angry (moderate) Republican------myself. Emoticon directed towards Bush and Co.

Admittedly; toward the end of his term (interesting that the Dems had control of Congress ), the ICE hammer started to really drop against the illegals and their enablers...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 06:11 PM

216 posts, read 450,844 times
I don't know of any conservative city/town in America where the mayor gives sanctuary to illegal immigrants the way liberal Los Angeles and San Francisco for example does.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Winchester View Post
I don't know of any conservative city/town in America where the mayor gives sanctuary to illegal immigrants the way liberal Los Angeles and San Francisco for example does.
Call me cynical here:

With the outrageous cost of living in both places (as well as Wash DC, NYC, etc); for the putative Yuppies to maintain even a 'half-assed' posh lifestyle.........they (allegedly) cannot pay proper wages for their hired help.* Either wages go up or the cost of living crashes in the above enclaves once it becomes dangerous to knowingly hire illegal aliens.

*hence regular Americans saying the hell with it and moving to more affordable communities.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:29 PM

32,802 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Winchester View Post
Escondido, National City, Chula Juana, I mean Chula Vista. San Diego isn't far off. The most recent one is trying to get anchor parents access to food stamps by email or phone.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Escondido, National City, Chula Juana, I mean Chula Vista. San Diego isn't far off. The most recent one is trying to get anchor parents access to food stamps by email or phone.
The city of San Diego went for Obama not McCain, so that is not a conservative city. Also with the exception of Escondido which is just barely majority White at 51%, National City and Chula Vista have more Hispanic people than White people and Obama won almost 70% of the Hispanic vote.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:49 PM

32,802 posts, read 30,052,880 times
No Dean, I agree with you. And I doubt the census would count Escondido as white. The Dems sold out to Hispanics on this election for votes.

They aren't happy Obama is shelving immigration issues.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
No Dean, I agree with you. And I doubt the census would count Escondido as white. The Dems sold out to Hispanics on this election for votes.

They aren't happy Obama is shelving immigration issues.
The fact that Obama is pissing off many 'extreme left wingers' is a hoot------------and, I have strong (Old School) Liberal leanings myself except where illegal immigration is concerned.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:42 PM

2,477 posts, read 2,202,665 times
I just heard today that California residents will be receiving there axes returns 1 month late (I bet it will be longer) and by the end of Febuary California will run out of my. ( As reported on ABC radio at about 9:00PM EST).

I was just wondering how much money California spends on illegals every yr?
Someone out there in forum land I bet can find those numbers and post them.

I bet its in the billions if not 10's of billions. Now think what that money can do for the citizens of California.
Instead its WASTED on illegals..Nice real nice. California is just the tip of the iceberg.

As as for the comments that the Governator is a Rep..plz...that guys more liberal then most...Liberals

Old 01-28-2009, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
I just heard today that California residents will be receiving there axes returns 1 month late (I bet it will be longer) and by the end of Febuary California will run out of my. ( As reported on ABC radio at about 9:00PM EST).

I was just wondering how much money California spends on illegals every yr?
Someone out there in forum land I bet can find those numbers and post them.

I bet its in the billions if not 10's of billions. Now think what that money can do for the citizens of California.
Instead its WASTED on illegals..Nice real nice. California is just the tip of the iceberg.

As as for the comments that the Governator is a Rep..plz...that guys more liberal then most...Liberals
I read that blurb as well............

Again: I still maintain that when Calif explodes in fury------------it will be sudden and vicious with the illegals in their collective crosshairs.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
The fact that Obama is pissing off many 'extreme left wingers' is a hoot------------and, I have strong (Old School) Liberal leanings myself except where illegal immigration is concerned.
Have you been living in a cave all of this time ? How exactly is Obama pissing off the extreme left ? In a span of only one week he already decided that he is going to close down Gitmo as well as make it legal to give federal money to international groups that perform abortions. Oh yeah the liberals are really pissed off over that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration