U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 03:41 AM

445 posts, read 934,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denison View Post
It looks like you're being replaced with the latest group of unlawfal land grabbers. You shouldn't have a problem with it, since the settlers did the same to native americans. I think it's called Karma.
EXACTLY!!! Next..lol.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:24 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denison View Post
It looks like you're being replaced with the latest group of unlawfal land grabbers. You shouldn't have a problem with it, since the settlers did the same to native americans. I think it's called Karma.

They are taking land?

Uh no, mostly they just send back money and use social services. Not much of a land grab though. During the 06 "land grab" they bought 5 million homes with false documents and earning statements of which most are now empty because of a default on the bogus loan. If that's the big "take over" I don't think we need to worry.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:39 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
They are taking land?

Uh no, mostly they just send back money and use social services. Not much of a land grab though. During the 06 "land grab" they bought 5 million homes with false documents and earning statements of which most are now empty because of a default on the bogus loan. If that's the big "take over" I don't think we need to worry.
Good point. The 'Hispanics' aren't 'taking over America'....and the 'sky is not falling'. America will always be here.....it's just that in the future, it will be less of a 'special' place, less of a 'shining beacon', and more like just an average, run-of-the-mill country. Life will be rougher, tougher, harsher, and, by gradual increments, become less free. A society doesn't "collapse" in a week or a month...it gradually deteriorates over decades. What does it 'look like' to the citizens, when and if a society DOES deteriorate? Probably much like OUR society looks today, to us. Hard to be specific, but daily life in America is gradually becoming coarser, meaner, angrier, and far more "tribal" and divided than it was 15, 20, or 25 years ago. What will the coming decades bring? Who knows...but things will have to 'turn around' in a big way, soon....or our society will lose its 'special' status. It's already slowly happening, IMO.

What does this have to do with illegal immigration? Not a great deal...there are MANY reasons we're deteriorating. But the fact that illegal immigration IS occurring, in truly massive numbers....and the fact that it's caused massive numbers of Americans to divide up into "pro" and "anti" camps...and the fact that most of us seem to approach it as an 'ethnic' debate, rather than a legal issue...shows how divided society is. And what will REALLY be divisive is the solution. Win, lose, or 'draw', ANY solution to illegal immigration, at this late date, will cause a FUROR of protest...whether that's yet another amnesty (this time for 20 million people), massive deportations...or BOTH...or NEITHER.

WHATEVER happens with illegal immigration, believe me, will be controversial...will cause anger and frustration and ethnic discord..and the solution to THAT (the discord)? You guessed it..the solution to the 'discord' will be more laws, more regulations, more legislation, FORCING all of us to 'get along', so that we don't 'hurt'..or 'annoy' each other.

THAT'S how a society 'deteriorates', not with a 'bang', but a gradual 'whimper'. And no, illegal immigration isn't the ONLY reason for our decline...but it's certainly playing a part.

But in any event, the US will always be here....it will just be a different society from what we've known. Will our grandchildren suffer regrets over this? No, they won't...the world they inherit will, for them, just be 'normal reality'.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:17 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscogeeButterfly View Post
EXACTLY!!! Next..lol.
And you had best face reality: if the USA indeed went 'Hispanic'; people of color will likely be truly screwed----------the standard of beauty of Hispanic culture is white skin and blue eyes. Needless to say: that cuts out most Mestizos and Blacks.

Think again of what you wish for----------you may not like it.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:07 AM

10,716 posts, read 31,036,129 times
I don't personally complain about one race over another. I am concerned about the people who are in the US illegally. People who have to steal Americans identities to survive. Your skin color, your country of origin, you religion have nothing to do with it.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:14 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
volume friend ---is an issue but i am sure illegal immigration has been a biggy for florida re cuba.
jimmy carter let them run over florida and immigrants have been migrating w/o papers ever since.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I don't personally complain about one race over another. I am concerned about the people who are in the US illegally. People who have to steal Americans identities to survive. Your skin color, your country of origin, you religion have nothing to do with it.
Sometimes one' surname can put a person at risk------especially a stereotypically Spanish sounding one.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:29 PM

12,841 posts, read 23,212,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Sometimes one' surname can put a person at risk------especially a stereotypically Spanish sounding one.
It can also put one at risk of false assumptions.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
It can also put one at risk of false assumptions.
Trust me: I would know----------my birth surname sounds 'Hispanic'.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:26 PM

10,716 posts, read 31,036,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Trust me: I would know----------my birth surname sounds 'Hispanic'.
Of course I am aware of the fact that ones name can open you up to such things, however I do not make assumptions like that. Its unfortunate that more people can't see past someones skin color or the last name they carry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or