U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 06:09 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,719,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis09 View Post
Is this a private forum?
Is this an anti-immigrant forum, or is a forum where the issues of illegal immigration, immigration reform, and other related topics can be discussed?
No, the question is why do you all end up in the US?

Old 08-23-2009, 06:10 PM

36 posts, read 50,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
No, the question is why do you all end up in the US?
Who's "you all"?

Old 08-23-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Who's "you all"?
Let's keep it simple and stick with the 'you' part.

What did you come here for? You seem to have little respect for the place, why are you here?

Old 08-23-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Let's keep it simple and stick with the 'you' part.

What did you come here for? You seem to have little respect for the place, why are you here?
Why don't you come straight out to say what you are hinting at? What are you accusations in implying that I came to this country?
Are you really curious about how and why my ancestors were brought to this country?

Also, how does it seem that I have "little respect" for this country? By what actions?

Old 08-23-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Why don't you come straight out to say what you are hinting at? What are you accusations in implying that I came to this country?
What did you come here for? What do we have that you want?

Old 08-23-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
What did you come here for? What do we have that you want?
Re-read my post.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Are you really curious about how and why my ancestors were brought to this country?

Also, how does it seem that I have "little respect" for this country? By what actions?
I suspect that either you are illegal, have relatives who are illegal, are in a relationship with someone who is illegal, are a DREAMie and feel you are entitled to citizenship or are the sort of person who listens to John Lennon records and fantasizes about a world with no borders, which is fine except for the fact that if all the borders were erased you would still insist on staying here in what used to be the US. Almost all pro-illegals fall into one of the above categories.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I suspect that either you are illegal, have relatives who are illegal, are in a relationship with someone who is illegal, are a DREAMie and feel you are entitled to citizenship or are the sort of person who listens to John Lennon records and fantasizes about a world with no borders, which is fine except for the fact that if all the borders were erased you would still insist on staying here in what used to be the US. Almost all pro-illegals fall into one of the above categories.
It's pretty normal for someone who prefers simple, emotional views to rely on such stupid assumptions. I'm not an immigrant, not Latino, not related to illegals, but I do like the Beatles.

Now if I may make an assumption, you sound like a very bitter, old, and scared woman that likes to make baseless, assumptions based on deep seated biases and prejudices within you. It's not the way to live.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:46 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,685,038 times
Quote:
As you stated: I have my suspicions as well

Old 08-23-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
As you stated: I have my suspicions as well
I wouldn't doubt it. It's not unusual for people with your views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or