Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 06:15 PM

36 posts, read 57,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
What about me? What do I sound like? What do my views tell you about me?
You sound like someone butting in and being defensive when you weren't being addressed.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:17 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I suspect that either you are illegal, have relatives who are illegal, are in a relationship with someone who is illegal, are a DREAMie and feel you are entitled to citizenship or are the sort of person who listens to John Lennon records and fantasizes about a world with no borders, which is fine except for the fact that if all the borders were erased you would still insist on staying here in what used to be the US. Almost all pro-illegals fall into one of the above categories.
I suspect more just a bored person who enjoys causing discord. It's fun, and, on an anonymous forum, pretty much risk-free. Just say anything, sit back and enjoy the 'cat fight'. You don't have to have any beliefs to post on a forum..and I suspect that's the case. Just having fun.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
I suspect more just a bored person who enjoys causing discord. It's fun, and, on an anonymous forum, pretty much risk-free. Just say anything, sit back and enjoy the 'cat fight'. You don't have to have any beliefs to post on a forum..and I suspect that's the case. Just having fun.
The things people say on an anonymous forum! So risk-free.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
And a WHOLE lot safer than playing outside, and possibly annoying the Big Boys...
Exactly. That's why very few spout off against immigrants and Hispanics in public. Choosing to do so online, or armed at their rallies. Much safer that way. Plus, many are insecure about how they are seen when they say some of their more honest views.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:04 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis09 View Post
It's pretty normal for someone who prefers simple, emotional views to rely on such stupid assumptions.
My,my.........testy, aren't we?

Quote:
I'm not an immigrant, not Latino, not related to illegals, but I do like the Beatles.
I am actually Keith Richards.

Quote:
Now if I may make an assumption, you sound like a very bitter, old, and scared woman that likes to make baseless, assumptions based on deep seated biases and prejudices within you. It's not the way to live.
What a crackpot! Like you have no deep seated biases or prejudices. Like your BP doesn't start to go up when you see a group of Minutemen, or any other Americans who choose not to embrace your worldview. So much for your holier than thou stance.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:11 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
"Just a couple of kids having a little fun." - Crocodile Dundee

YouTube - Is That a Knife

Old 08-23-2009, 07:23 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times
This is truly the most racist, ignorant filled thread I've read on C-D. I'm sorry I opened it and I'm sorry I bothered to read all the posts that I did. Enjoy your hate fest, I'm outta here.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:42 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
This is truly the most racist, ignorant filled thread I've read on C-D. I'm sorry I opened it and I'm sorry I bothered to read all the posts that I did. Enjoy your hate fest, I'm outta here.

Look, it is not about the color of your skin/race, Einstein. Has absolutely nothing to do with it. It has to do with your nationality, and the fact that You are not an American. You have to be very ignorant not to see that. I don't care if your purple, and your an American. You are right, the majority that visit this forum, are fed up and do actually hate illegal aliens crossing our southern border, at record pace and disgracing our soil. Especially, after we were promised by our government 23 years ago, it would not happen.

All we have to do is make it mandatory jail and loss of all assets to put an illegal to work, and you would not have a race card to pull out, it will all be decided for you.

Last edited by BentBow; 08-23-2009 at 08:17 PM..

Old 08-23-2009, 07:43 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis09 View Post
Exactly. That's why very few spout off against immigrants and Hispanics in public. Choosing to do so online, or armed at their rallies. Much safer that way. Plus, many are insecure about how they are seen when they say some of their more honest views.
I 'spout off' against illegal aliens quite frequently in public----------that they are criminals and those who knowingly hire them need to face the prospect of jail time.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:31 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times
Quote:
Chickens or goats running around someone's backyard in a non-rural neighborhood is unacceptable.
I've had neighbors in Oregon that kept chickens in their yard in an urban setting. But they weren't immigrants, they were more of the organic produce enthusiast type. My Polish immigrant grandparents kept chickens in their yard in Milwaukee back in the 1920s apparently--they made a killing selling eggs to other Poles in the neighborhood.

Quote:
Beat up old cars all over one's property and painting ones's house pink and lavender is another example.
Most of the properties I see with beat-up cars in my area are usually owned by the Americanus Redneckus genus type. And I'm not allowed to paint my house lavender either?

Quote:
Women covered with clothing from head to toe including one's face is another example (and I am not talking about those Americans who live in the snowbelt and are covered for warmth either).
I agree, if ladies have got it going on, I say flaunt it..

Quote:
Loud foreign music blaring away in the middle of the night.
Does this include the hippie kids down the street from my house blaring reggae music..Is loud country music acceptable to you?

Quote:
These are only a few examples of non-assimilation into our society.
Shoot, I'm totally non-assimilated!

Quote:
Now as for ethic cultural busiiness districts that is something different.
So just keep you wacky ethnic traditions in our designated "ethic cultural busiiness districts". Italian food shall only be enjoyed in Little Italy or at the Olive Garden.

Quote:
It allows us the experience of enjoying different ethnic foods and other aspects of a foreign culture but as for this in your face cultural diversity out in mainstream America on a daily basis it is disrespectful and a non-assimilation factor.
Does assimilation include learning how to write using proper grammar?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration