U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-02-2009, 08:00 AM
 
6,011 posts, read 6,727,687 times
Reputation: 739

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
How is hanging up their flags a sign of wanting to cram their culture onto you? I saw Polish immigrants do the same in Chicago (there's an estimated 70,000 illegal polish in the U.S.) and I don't see people complain about that. In Chicago the polish would also line-up with the Mexicans in certain areas waiting for someone to pass and give them a job. A job I'm certain paid in cash thus no taxes to be paid, yet I only see people complain about illegal Latinos not paying taxes.

Also, how can we be so sure that illegals are increasing crime? The country is experiencing an economic crisis and lack of jobs wouldn't it be natural for crime to increase with those factors alone? Why are illegals blamed for it? However, it's not only in the U.S. in Italy for example, racism against Romanians has increased because the Italians blame them for the current crisis and rise in crime.
racism? shouldnt it be nationalism?

 
Old 08-04-2009, 05:08 AM
 
2 posts, read 2,446 times
Reputation: 10
Default Well...

Hmm...

Sometimes i just imagine we are on year 3009, then, i'd laugh very much about how foolish people used to be in the year 2009, as same as i do now for the people that lived in the year 1009.

America doesn't exist, Europa doesn't exist, Asia doesn't exist, United States does not exist. American people doesn't exist neither Mexican people. It's very funny how you give different names for something that is the same thing. When you look to the world map, all countries are drawn in a different colour, when you say "United States" and "Canada" your brain assumes they're two complete different things, when you say "Cubans" , "Canadians" , "Japaneses" your brain asumes it as if you were talking about cats, dogs and squirrels. It is very common when you're first going to travel to another country for the first time that you are very dissapointed, becouse you tought that other country was going to be another planet, where the sky would be yellow and the clouds pink, but the fact is, that America and France do not exist, becouse America and France are the same thing, it is fine to know where every part of the planet is, but to say USA and Mexico are two different "countries" is too much uncivilizated, becouse USA, Mexico and France are the same thing we live in, The Earth Planet. When you talk about "a german guy" or "a cuban guy" it sounds like you're talking about two total different things, but the fact is american people doesn't exist, neither european people, since americans, europeans, asians, ect... are the same thing, the human race. When you talk about a Cuban you're also talking about an American, since cubans and americans are the same thing, humans, ofcourse... it is very egocentric of you to say "that mexican people is garbage" (becouse when you do it to someone you don't care a ****, but if someone does it to you you do care, right...?), but sadly even tought the "nationality" exist nowdays, to just have born in some part doesn't means you're different, so if some human is "Mexican or Cuban" the you're Mexican or Cuban as well, so when you say cubans are all criminals and stuff, you're also talking about yourself too and your mother and all family as well.

"You belong where you are born" is a very stupid logic, and if you're supporting this logic, then you're yourself breaking it, since you were not born infron of your pc right there, so go back to the hospital where you were born and stay there all your life as a human-tree. Just becouse you're born in some place doesn't means that place is your, that remind me of dogs, they go to someplace and **** there, then they've already marked their territory. I was born in earth planet, and i can go ANYWHERE i want, i don't give a **** if there is some brainless people that doesn't thinks "that's my territory" becouse i was not born there, i was born on earth planet, more than that, i was born on this universe, if there was some life in Mars, i don't want any Martian to talk crap about it when i go Mars becouse i'm free to go anywhere i want, FFS.

"Law", what is law? i could give you a very long explanation about it, but in short words and even tough when you think about law you might start thinking about some divine light coming from the sky and some church-chorus law is: something created by HUMANS (yes as you and me) very long ago to tell you "you can do this, and you can't do this".

And about the languages, just forget about it. Even if you wasted all your life time learning languages it would not give time to learn all languages (and dialects) on earth planet. In some time, all languages will be forgotten, and we will create a new language that will be spoken all around the whole world. The fact that "we are the most intelligent life in this planet and if i find some chinese guy i've to comunicate with him via mimics" is just very pathetic.
 
Old 08-04-2009, 06:50 AM
 
Location: 95468
1,383 posts, read 2,064,847 times
Reputation: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
They find it easier to pick on the humble. yet these discussions are very lop-sided towards one group of Illegals. I never heard them bashing on Hungarian illegals, Asian Illegals but only on the latin/hispanic illegals.
I'm convinced that the part of the brain that allows thinking in proportional comparisons is defective or absent in thinkers of the left.
 
Old 08-04-2009, 07:12 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinimomo View Post
Hmm...

Sometimes i just imagine we are on year 3009, then, i'd laugh very much about how foolish people used to be in the year 2009, as same as i do now for the people that lived in the year 1009.

America doesn't exist, Europa doesn't exist, Asia doesn't exist, United States does not exist. American people doesn't exist neither Mexican people. It's very funny how you give different names for something that is the same thing. When you look to the world map, all countries are drawn in a different colour, when you say "United States" and "Canada" your brain assumes they're two complete different things, when you say "Cubans" , "Canadians" , "Japaneses" your brain asumes it as if you were talking about cats, dogs and squirrels. It is very common when you're first going to travel to another country for the first time that you are very dissapointed, becouse you tought that other country was going to be another planet, where the sky would be yellow and the clouds pink, but the fact is, that America and France do not exist, becouse America and France are the same thing, it is fine to know where every part of the planet is, but to say USA and Mexico are two different "countries" is too much uncivilizated, becouse USA, Mexico and France are the same thing we live in, The Earth Planet. When you talk about "a german guy" or "a cuban guy" it sounds like you're talking about two total different things, but the fact is american people doesn't exist, neither european people, since americans, europeans, asians, ect... are the same thing, the human race. When you talk about a Cuban you're also talking about an American, since cubans and americans are the same thing, humans, ofcourse... it is very egocentric of you to say "that mexican people is garbage" (becouse when you do it to someone you don't care a ****, but if someone does it to you you do care, right...?), but sadly even tought the "nationality" exist nowdays, to just have born in some part doesn't means you're different, so if some human is "Mexican or Cuban" the you're Mexican or Cuban as well, so when you say cubans are all criminals and stuff, you're also talking about yourself too and your mother and all family as well.

"You belong where you are born" is a very stupid logic, and if you're supporting this logic, then you're yourself breaking it, since you were not born infron of your pc right there, so go back to the hospital where you were born and stay there all your life as a human-tree. Just becouse you're born in some place doesn't means that place is your, that remind me of dogs, they go to someplace and **** there, then they've already marked their territory. I was born in earth planet, and i can go ANYWHERE i want, i don't give a **** if there is some brainless people that doesn't thinks "that's my territory" becouse i was not born there, i was born on earth planet, more than that, i was born on this universe, if there was some life in Mars, i don't want any Martian to talk crap about it when i go Mars becouse i'm free to go anywhere i want, FFS.

"Law", what is law? i could give you a very long explanation about it, but in short words and even tough when you think about law you might start thinking about some divine light coming from the sky and some church-chorus law is: something created by HUMANS (yes as you and me) very long ago to tell you "you can do this, and you can't do this".

And about the languages, just forget about it. Even if you wasted all your life time learning languages it would not give time to learn all languages (and dialects) on earth planet. In some time, all languages will be forgotten, and we will create a new language that will be spoken all around the whole world. The fact that "we are the most intelligent life in this planet and if i find some chinese guy i've to comunicate with him via mimics" is just very pathetic.
And what does your post have to do with today's problems? The bottom line is that more and more of us Americans wish to rid the USA of illegal aliens since they are criminal losers.
 
Old 08-04-2009, 08:40 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinimomo View Post
Hmm...

"You belong where you are born" is a very stupid logic, and if you're supporting this logic, then you're yourself breaking it, since you were not born infron of your pc right there, so go back to the hospital where you were born and stay there all your life as a human-tree. Just becouse you're born in some place doesn't means that place is your, that remind me of dogs, they go to someplace and **** there, then they've already marked their territory. I was born in earth planet, and i can go ANYWHERE i want, i don't give a **** if there is some brainless people that doesn't thinks "that's my territory" becouse i was not born there, i was born on earth planet, more than that, i was born on this universe, if there was some life in Mars, i don't want any Martian to talk crap about it when i go Mars becouse i'm free to go anywhere i want, FFS.

"Law", what is law? i could give you a very long explanation about it, but in short words and even tough when you think about law you might start thinking about some divine light coming from the sky and some church-chorus law is: something created by HUMANS (yes as you and me) very long ago to tell you "you can do this, and you can't do this".

You cannot go anywhere you want. In order for humans to live peacefully among each other, there has to be laws. Go anywhere you like? Can you just walk into some house that you like and plunk yourself down? No of course not. If you try to just take over someone's house because you don't think the owners have a claim then you can be arrested.

Kid A visits Kid B's house and decides it's not fair because Kid B's house has better video games, a swimming pool, can Kid A decide it wasn't fair he was born into another family and just decide to move in?

If 100% of people from your country want to move to the USA, can they just do that? No of course they cannot.

There are laws regarding legal immigration for that reason. The laws protect both the native born and the immigrant. Good fences make for good neighbors.

In very primitive times, it was like you say. If one caveman was living in a particular cave and another wanted it, the second could just kill or run the first one off and take the cave. Or if tribe A wanted the lands that tribe B was using, they could just run tribe B off and take the lands as their own. Now we have laws and ask the Indians what happens when a people doesn't enforce immigration laws or a border.

Last edited by malamute; 08-04-2009 at 08:50 AM..
 
Old 08-04-2009, 08:49 AM
 
Location: Toledo
3,861 posts, read 7,417,177 times
Reputation: 3646
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
I thank my parents for making the sacrifice and migrating to the USA. I worked hard for my house, car and to pay my electrical bill every month. Nothing comes free, and that's fine with me. I don't owe anything to this country. We didn't arrive as illegals that later got freebies like most other Hispanic groups. I am proud to fly my Cuban flag next to the American one. I don't think my comment gives Cubans a bad reputation. My comment shows that we are hard working people that come to the USA to earn our daily bread and not expect for a free hand out. I think we as a society experiencing a major economical hardship, should care more about who is receiving free services from the government WE support with OUR taxes than what flag I have stuck to the back of my car.
You and your parents ought to thank the U.S. for being so lax about immigration from Cuba. To me, your family is no different than the illegals that snuck over the border and got amnesty later. Cubans are only different in that the U.S. government favors the Cuban nationality.
 
Old 08-04-2009, 04:57 PM
 
2 posts, read 2,446 times
Reputation: 10
Default If you say so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You cannot go anywhere you want. In order for humans to live peacefully among each other, there has to be laws. Go anywhere you like? Can you just walk into some house that you like and plunk yourself down? No of course not. If you try to just take over someone's house because you don't think the owners have a claim then you can be arrested.

Kid A visits Kid B's house and decides it's not fair because Kid B's house has better video games, a swimming pool, can Kid A decide it wasn't fair he was born into another family and just decide to move in?

If 100% of people from your country want to move to the USA, can they just do that? No of course they cannot.

There are laws regarding legal immigration for that reason. The laws protect both the native born and the immigrant. Good fences make for good neighbors.

In very primitive times, it was like you say. If one caveman was living in a particular cave and another wanted it, the second could just kill or run the first one off and take the cave. Or if tribe A wanted the lands that tribe B was using, they could just run tribe B off and take the lands as their own. Now we have laws and ask the Indians what happens when a people doesn't enforce immigration laws or a border.
When you have complete control over something, when you could move it at your own will, when it is practically a part of your body and your mind, then you can say "that thing" is "yours".

Kid A walks into Kid B's home, what is the problem?

The problem is the next:

Kid B has claimed a part of the planet as if it was his possesion, when it's not. There is no problem with Kid A to go into anywhere he wants becouse NOTHING in this planet, belongs to anyone.

I know very well that NOWDAYS things are just stupidly that way, and i could even get jailed as an animal for doing it, but in some "nearly" future it will be as i say.

"In order for humans to live peacefully among each other, there has to be laws", becouse "you" say it? or becouse someone have taught you?. You can expect everything to be right in the present, becouse that would mean that we have already arrived to full evolution, and therefore there is no future.

When we have the power to control time and space, when we ask ourselves: "What can't we do?" and find no answer, when we are almighty gods, then, at THAT time, we will be right. But since that time doesn't arrives, we will always be wrong, compared to some nearly future, as the year 1000 was wrong compared with the year 1500, the year 1500 with year 2000 and the year 2000 with the year 2500.

You can't just expect everything is as they taught you, and every "law" is well made, since EVERYTHING is wrong right now.
 
Old 08-04-2009, 05:35 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Reputation: 17688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinimomo View Post
When you have complete control over something, when you could move it at your own will, when it is practically a part of your body and your mind, then you can say "that thing" is "yours".

Kid A walks into Kid B's home, what is the problem?

The problem is the next:

Kid B has claimed a part of the planet as if it was his possesion, when it's not. There is no problem with Kid A to go into anywhere he wants becouse NOTHING in this planet, belongs to anyone.

I know very well that NOWDAYS things are just stupidly that way, and i could even get jailed as an animal for doing it, but in some "nearly" future it will be as i say.

"In order for humans to live peacefully among each other, there has to be laws", becouse "you" say it? or becouse someone have taught you?. You can expect everything to be right in the present, becouse that would mean that we have already arrived to full evolution, and therefore there is no future.

When we have the power to control time and space, when we ask ourselves: "What can't we do?" and find no answer, when we are almighty gods, then, at THAT time, we will be right. But since that time doesn't arrives, we will always be wrong, compared to some nearly future, as the year 1000 was wrong compared with the year 1500, the year 1500 with year 2000 and the year 2000 with the year 2500.

You can't just expect everything is as they taught you, and every "law" is well made, since EVERYTHING is wrong right now.
Here is the deal. We have a Society that pays taxes to support others of said society in the form of social services. Along comes 21 million people (illegally) and their children that think they are entitled to those social services, jobs, free school, you name it. Our Society wasn't designed for that, it's really that simple. How much theft should we allow before we put the clamps on it? It's our money not the immigrants that came here illegally.
 
Old 08-04-2009, 05:38 PM
 
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
16,116 posts, read 20,152,267 times
Reputation: 8204
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
Yes, they are legal under the ridiculous "wet foot, dry foot" policy, but why do few of you consider the problem of Cuban immigration in South Florida?

I have to be honest with you, I've lived in Miami for over 6 years and I can honestly say that I have not met one "decent" Cuban. Most are crooks, in one way or another.

Medicare fraud is rampant here, hit and run murders are a regular occurrence. Many of these people refuse to learn English and fly their disgusting Cuban flags everywhere, as if they have colonized South Florida and turned it into North Cuba.

But don't take my word for it -- either spend some time in the "real" Miami (not the glossed over South Beach version), or take a look at these links:

Cubans in $110M Medicare fraud bought 12 condos in Dominican capital - DominicanToday.com

Miami Cuban Medicare Fraud Spinning out of Control- (Poorbuthappy in Off Topic: do your thing!)

Miami police identify suspect in doctor's hit-run death - Breaking News - Broward - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/news/broward/breaking-news/story/872881.html - broken link)

This nonsense should have been stopped when the Mariel Boatlift occurred. These people have had over half a century to get rid of Castro and his regime. We turn Haitians away without question, even though Haiti is far more f--ked up than Cuba.

I challenge all Californians, Arizonans and Texans who feel strongly about Mexicans immigrants to come and live in Miami for just a few weeks. At least your states are still "America". Miami has degenerated into a corrupt, near-third world cesspool of human waste, thanks to the waves of immigrants that have come here and taken over.
I guess the GOP in Florida is throwing the Cubans under the bus
 
Old 08-04-2009, 06:11 PM
 
14,809 posts, read 18,811,177 times
Reputation: 11772
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
Yes, they are legal under the ridiculous "wet foot, dry foot" policy, but why do few of you consider the problem of Cuban immigration in South Florida?
Not just that...
the easy way to immigrate into the US is ... try to guess ...
fake Cuban I.D.

With a fake Cuban I.D. an illegal alien is automatically legal and gets his green card in 1 year
(FYI, Most hispanics in the caribbean look identical and sound similar)


More Cubans entering U.S. through Mexico - Nightly News with Brian Williams- msnbc.com

But, authorities said, increased patrols by the U.S. Coast Guard in the Florida Straits, and tougher federal prosecutions of smugglers have caused most of the human trafficking groups to shift their operations through Mexico, where there are fewer obstacles. Many boats now drop off their Cuban passengers at marinas and desolate beaches along the Yucatan Peninsula.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top