Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2009, 06:22 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,416,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
Yes, they are legal under the ridiculous "wet foot, dry foot" policy, but why do few of you consider the problem of Cuban immigration in South Florida?

I have to be honest with you, I've lived in Miami for over 6 years and I can honestly say that I have not met one "decent" Cuban. Most are crooks, in one way or another.

Medicare fraud is rampant here, hit and run murders are a regular occurrence. Many of these people refuse to learn English and fly their disgusting Cuban flags everywhere, as if they have colonized South Florida and turned it into North Cuba.

But don't take my word for it -- either spend some time in the "real" Miami (not the glossed over South Beach version), or take a look at these links:

Cubans in $110M Medicare fraud bought 12 condos in Dominican capital - DominicanToday.com

Miami Cuban Medicare Fraud Spinning out of Control- (Poorbuthappy in Off Topic: do your thing!)

Miami police identify suspect in doctor's hit-run death - Breaking News - Broward - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/news/broward/breaking-news/story/872881.html - broken link)

This nonsense should have been stopped when the Mariel Boatlift occurred. These people have had over half a century to get rid of Castro and his regime. We turn Haitians away without question, even though Haiti is far more f--ked up than Cuba.

I challenge all Californians, Arizonans and Texans who feel strongly about Mexicans immigrants to come and live in Miami for just a few weeks. At least your states are still "America". Miami has degenerated into a corrupt, near-third world cesspool of human waste, thanks to the waves of immigrants that have come here and taken over.
you used the word in your own first sentence as to why Cuban immigration is not an issue. the word is "LEGAL" the ILLEGAL immigrants are the problem, they are breaking LAW

Old 08-04-2009, 06:54 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,563,825 times
I'm occasionally the opposing view in this forum. With that said, I believe the vast majority of posters on here are against Cuban immigrants and all illegals, regardless of ethnicity.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:01 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
If they are illegally here, out they go. Plain and simple.

I'm also against the anchor baby syndrome, too.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:30 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinimomo View Post
When you have complete control over something, when you could move it at your own will, when it is practically a part of your body and your mind, then you can say "that thing" is "yours".

Kid A walks into Kid B's home, what is the problem?

The problem is the next:

Kid B has claimed a part of the planet as if it was his possesion, when it's not. There is no problem with Kid A to go into anywhere he wants becouse NOTHING in this planet, belongs to anyone.

I know very well that NOWDAYS things are just stupidly that way, and i could even get jailed as an animal for doing it, but in some "nearly" future it will be as i say.

"In order for humans to live peacefully among each other, there has to be laws", becouse "you" say it? or becouse someone have taught you?. You can expect everything to be right in the present, becouse that would mean that we have already arrived to full evolution, and therefore there is no future.

When we have the power to control time and space, when we ask ourselves: "What can't we do?" and find no answer, when we are almighty gods, then, at THAT time, we will be right. But since that time doesn't arrives, we will always be wrong, compared to some nearly future, as the year 1000 was wrong compared with the year 1500, the year 1500 with year 2000 and the year 2000 with the year 2500.

You can't just expect everything is as they taught you, and every "law" is well made, since EVERYTHING is wrong right now.
Secular law trumps one's religious beliefs here in the USA.

Remember: when in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Besides: what happens in the far future has little or no bearing with today's reality. Too; let what happened in the past serve as a warning...........

Old 08-04-2009, 08:11 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,932,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
Kellem:
Perhaps that's because the higher socio-economuc classes rarely even see an illegal alien, unless said illegal alien is mowing their lawn. It's easy to be tolerant of someone when you don't have to come into contact with them.
I love how everybody ignores this semi-gem of a post.

I don't consider myself in a higher socio-economic class, but I do okay, am content, and am not terribly bothered by illegals of any kind.

Is it because I'm not competing with them for jobs?

Why am I not bothered?

Old 08-04-2009, 08:48 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
I love how everybody ignores this semi-gem of a post.

I don't consider myself in a higher socio-economic class, but I do okay, am content, and am not terribly bothered by illegals of any kind.

Is it because I'm not competing with them for jobs?

Why am I not bothered?
Possibly because you live in Spokane...rather than LA, Fresno, or El Centro....possibly because you simply don't get bothered by things...or possibly because you have no personal interest in it, one way or another.

Some people are bothered by global warming....high taxes....the shrinking economy....the war in Iraq....and athlete's foot. Others find these issues unimportant. Why? Who can say?

I'm not particularly bothered by the daily problems encountered in the New York subway system....for one, because I don't live in New York, and do not use the subway.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:55 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,293,087 times
Damn it guys, I kind of regret starting this old-a-- thread now. I have no interest in persecuting Cubans.....I just happen to dislike living in Miami and in fairness, all ethnic groups are a**holes here, not just Cubans

Old 08-04-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Damn it guys, I kind of regret starting this old-a-- thread now. I have no interest in persecuting Cubans.....I just happen to dislike living in Miami and in fairness, all ethnic groups are a**holes here, not just Cubans
I'm afraid it's too late..you've 'stepped in it'.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:11 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,293,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I'm afraid it's too late..you've 'stepped in it'.
Damn it!

Could I possibly appease you all with a nice Cuban sandwich?

Old 08-04-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Damn it!

Could I possibly appease you all with a nice Cuban sandwich?
mi encanto....como sabrosa....que bonito...and all that stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration