Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 11:21 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,347,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyTheSilence View Post
Yes, they are legal under the ridiculous "wet foot, dry foot" policy, but why do few of you consider the problem of Cuban immigration in South Florida?

I have to be honest with you, I've lived in Miami for over 6 years and I can honestly say that I have not met one "decent" Cuban. Most are crooks, in one way or another.

Medicare fraud is rampant here, hit and run murders are a regular occurrence. Many of these people refuse to learn English and fly their disgusting Cuban flags everywhere, as if they have colonized South Florida and turned it into North Cuba.

But don't take my word for it -- either spend some time in the "real" Miami (not the glossed over South Beach version), or take a look at these links:

Cubans in $110M Medicare fraud bought 12 condos in Dominican capital - DominicanToday.com

Miami Cuban Medicare Fraud Spinning out of Control- (Poorbuthappy in Off Topic: do your thing!)

Miami police identify suspect in doctor's hit-run death - Breaking News - Broward - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/news/broward/breaking-news/story/872881.html - broken link)

This nonsense should have been stopped when the Mariel Boatlift occurred. These people have had over half a century to get rid of Castro and his regime. We turn Haitians away without question, even though Haiti is far more f--ked up than Cuba.

I challenge all Californians, Arizonans and Texans who feel strongly about Mexicans immigrants to come and live in Miami for just a few weeks. At least your states are still "America". Miami has degenerated into a corrupt, near-third world cesspool of human waste, thanks to the waves of immigrants that have come here and taken over.
What a hateful, ignorant rant.

I've met plenty of disgusting white people, black people, asians and arabs too. I'm not going to generalize like some kind of racist idiot.

I've been to Cuba (guarantee none of you anti-Cuba idiots have) and the people could not have been nicer or more generous. In fact, I've been to 35+ countries, including Mexico, Italy, Germany, Russia, Australia, Israel and Norway, and I have to say that the best hosts were the Cubans.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:33 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,829,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Winchester View Post
Last time I checked there weren't millions of Hungarian illegals living in the U.S.
That is because they do not act as obnoxious and blatant as Hispanic illegals. At least they have enough sense to try and be respectful.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:27 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,511,158 times
So many people fantasize that so many people just desire them to death.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:56 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,789,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Part Hunky here as well: my father fled Magyarorszag via Germany for the USA back in 1951---------he did it the right way with a sponsor, etc.

The other half of me is essentially Virginia hillbilly whose ancestors fought in the Civil War out of Orange, Va.

Remember though; like modern Italians and Spaniards, Hungarians ain't exactly 'breeders' these days-----------besides, we will marry anything but another Hungarian.
Good point. I could be wrong, but I would guess the Greeks and Poles are the only Europeans reproducing above replacement levels, and I am not even sure about them.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:29 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
The Cubans for the most part are staying in Florida. They aren't all over the U.S. like the Mexicans are. I do have a problem with the Cubans turning Miami and much of Florida into their own cultural turf along with Spanish being spoken nearlly exclusively there. They aren't assimilating very well.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:29 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,292,012 times
ahhhh....please just delete this thread. I only posted it because I'm sick of Miami, but Cubans are not to blame....everyone in Miami sucks, whether Anglo, Cuban, African-American or Russian...this city attracts *******s, plain and simple. I do not wish to contribute to this anti-immigrant cesspool of a forum....so delete the damn thread. In all honesty, I'd rather be surrounded by Cubans than any of you racist f**ks who blame anything and everything on "illegals", just like the Nazis sought to scapegoat the Jews prior to WWII and the holocaust.

To the moderator: delete this damn thread

Old 08-21-2009, 09:30 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,292,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
What a hateful, ignorant rant.

I've met plenty of disgusting white people, black people, asians and arabs too. I'm not going to generalize like some kind of racist idiot.

I've been to Cuba (guarantee none of you anti-Cuba idiots have) and the people could not have been nicer or more generous. In fact, I've been to 35+ countries, including Mexico, Italy, Germany, Russia, Australia, Israel and Norway, and I have to say that the best hosts were the Cubans.
Yes Pug Life...I should never have started this stupid thread. I'm hoping that the moderator will delete it.

Old 08-22-2009, 04:30 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyTheSilence View Post
ahhhh....please just delete this thread. I only posted it because I'm sick of Miami, but Cubans are not to blame....everyone in Miami sucks, whether Anglo, Cuban, African-American or Russian...this city attracts *******s, plain and simple. I do not wish to contribute to this anti-immigrant cesspool of a forum....so delete the damn thread. In all honesty, I'd rather be surrounded by Cubans than any of you racist f**ks who blame anything and everything on "illegals", just like the Nazis sought to scapegoat the Jews prior to WWII and the holocaust.

To the moderator: delete this damn thread
No one is anti-"immigrant". Most are anti-illegal alien. Stop blurring the lines between legal and illegal. As I said, the only thing I have against Cuban refugees is that didn't assimilate into our society. They turned Miami and other parts of Florida into their own lingual, cultural turf. It doesn't rsemble mainstream America. There is nothing racist in expecting immigrants to come legally and assimilate into our society.

Old 08-22-2009, 05:02 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No one is anti-"immigrant". Most are anti-illegal alien. Stop blurring the lines between legal and illegal. As I said, the only thing I have against Cuban refugees is that didn't assimilate into our society. They turned Miami and other parts of Florida into their own lingual, cultural turf. It doesn't rsemble mainstream America. There is nothing racist in expecting immigrants to come legally and assimilate into our society.
As you stated.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:05 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
As I said, the only thing I have against Cuban refugees is that didn't assimilate into our society. They turned Miami and other parts of Florida into their own lingual, cultural turf. It doesn't rsemble mainstream America.
What would your version of assimilation look like? Would it be "better" if Miami more closely resembled Omaha? Do you expect first-generation immigrants to drop their culture and language as soon as they set foot in the U.S? Would you want a Jose Rodriguez to become a Joseph Rogers, and force him to stop eating his culture's food, have him magically lose his accent, and forget his mother tongue?

Miami is a major reception point for immigrants from Cuba and other parts of Latin America. I don't claim to know exactly how it is in Miami, but in Southern CA for example, amongst Mexicans/Mexican-Americans, assimilation does occur, and is usually complete by the third generation, and you can easily see all three levels of assimilation in the local population.

IMO, those that would rather live in a place that resembles "Mainstream America" should probably live in one. That way, they can focus their attention on other, more important things, instead of nit-picking at other people's culture and/or way of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration