Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 08:15 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,293,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Yeah..That's how they are..I guess all these poeple on CD are full blooded native American Indians (who were relegated to reservations on their own land). Everybody was an immigrant (forced or not) at some point.
Most other immigrants came here for a new life -- to make an honest living and to start fresh. Cubans don't come here for a new life -- they come here to run away and hide, until the Cubans who actually give a darn about Cuba stand up and fight to overthrow the Communist regime, so the cowards can go waltzing back to a liberated and free Cuba. Many have no interest in being "American". They fly their flags and take "freedom" to the mega-extreme (freedom to run people over in financed pickup trucks and freedom to not speak the language and freedom to take advantage of the United States). Heck, these people claim to be "Conservative", yet they don't have a problem with sucking @ Uncle Sam's teat, enjoying the favoritism that they experience, while other immigrants are so hastily turned away.

You know, I wouldn't have so much of a problem with the "wet foot, dry foot" policy if it were extended to immigrants from other countries in dire need, but this is nothing but an outdated statement against Communism, which has caused South Florida to turn into a cesspool, detached from the rest of the United States. It's a free-for-all down here now -- politicians are mega-corrupt, drivers can drink & drive, drive like maniacs, kill whoever they please and get away with it with just a slap on the wrist by a Cuban judge.

This nonsense should have been ended when the Mariel Boatlift occured, but Carter was too much of a "wet" to do anything about it. If I were president at that time, I wouldn't have just ended the "wet foot, dry foot" BS -- I would have ordered the US military to sink every damn raft coming from Cuba.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:15 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Yeah..That's how they are..I guess all these poeple on CD are full blooded native American Indians (who were relegated to reservations on their own land). Everybody was an immigrant (forced or not) at some point.
And later groups of pre Euros AKA 'Indians' arrived here and (probably) conquered the previous 'indigenous' peoples-------------DNA is telling that tale as we speak.

Face it: the Americans Indians were conquered by a group of bigger and badder 'Indians'. Had it not been the Euros (Anglo and Hispanic); it could have been the Russians, Chinese and in particular the Japanese doing the deed.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:42 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
Most other immigrants came here for a new life -- to make an honest living and to start fresh. Cubans don't come here for a new life -- they come here to run away and hide, until the Cubans who actually give a darn about Cuba stand up and fight to overthrow the Communist regime, so the cowards can go waltzing back to a liberated and free Cuba. Many have no interest in being "American". They fly their flags and take "freedom" to the mega-extreme (freedom to run people over in financed pickup trucks and freedom to not speak the language and freedom to take advantage of the United States). Heck, these people claim to be "Conservative", yet they don't have a problem with sucking @ Uncle Sam's teat, enjoying the favoritism that they experience, while other immigrants are so hastily turned away.

You know, I wouldn't have so much of a problem with the "wet foot, dry foot" policy if it were extended to immigrants from other countries in dire need, but this is nothing but an outdated statement against Communism, which has caused South Florida to turn into a cesspool, detached from the rest of the United States. It's a free-for-all down here now -- politicians are mega-corrupt, drivers can drink & drive, drive like maniacs, kill whoever they please and get away with it with just a slap on the wrist by a Cuban judge.

This nonsense should have been ended when the Mariel Boatlift occured
, but Carter was too much of a "wet" to do anything about it. If I were president at that time, I wouldn't have just ended the "wet foot, dry foot" BS -- I would have ordered the US military to sink every damn raft coming from Cuba.
I have never agreed with the wet foot/dry foot policy. Unfortunately, it’s the law; but it definitely needs to be rescinded. I could write a book on the Cuban Entrant Program, and the squandering of taxpayer’s money on these miscreants. Frankly, it sickens me to think of it.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:50 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Winchester View Post
Last time I checked there weren't millions of Hungarian illegals living in the U.S.
Well, a large part of Brooklyn is quickly turning into Moscow.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:02 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,916,828 times
Quote:
I'm just as much a native as some American Indian. You do realize they didn't evolve here right? No, whichever ones were first came over on a land bridge from Asia and the tribes we found and conquered had done the same to previous existing tribes. I am sick of hearing this argument-argument is giving it too much credit since it's more of a lazy platitude repeated over and over again by people trying to excuse today's illegals.

Savage210: Think about your statement for a second. Perhaps we make a big fuss over hispanic illegals because there are many millions of them. Is there another immigrant group of that size illegally here that I should know about? Let us know....

For the record I too am against the one foot dry law and would like to send those Cubans on their way South. They may be legally here but they know and we know that their stay (for most at least) is only temporary. But the thing is unless you live in South Florida or parts of NYC you just don't encounter many Cubans like you do Mexicans.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Well, a large part of Brooklyn is quickly turning into Moscow.
Did you know that Moscow is actually the capital of Russia and not Hungary?

The minute I see millions of Russians coming over here illegally I'll be just as upset with them as the Mexicans.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And later groups of pre Euros AKA 'Indians' arrived here and (probably) conquered the previous 'indigenous' peoples-------------DNA is telling that tale as we speak.

Face it: the Americans Indians were conquered by a group of bigger and badder 'Indians'. Had it not been the Euros (Anglo and Hispanic); it could have been the Russians, Chinese and in particular the Japanese doing the deed.
Excellent post. But facts like this will to little to alleviate the guilt felt by some of these people...It must be a tough life to have the millstone of the world's problems around their neck lol.

The American Indians had every right to fight the Anglos off but they didn't. Or at least weren't very successful. So does that give us the obligation and roll over for a new group? Some sure think so...

Old 01-30-2009, 02:22 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
Did you know that Moscow is actually the capital of Russia and not Hungary?

The minute I see millions of Russians coming over here illegally I'll be just as upset with them as the Mexicans.
My point was that there are immigrants from all over the world taking over neighborhoods. I do not believe that all of them are legal. Couldn't you figure out what I meant?

Old 01-30-2009, 02:37 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,898 times
All immigrants are cute little furry things....with oh soooooo much soul....

and when they start to get worked up in all their endless pseudo-cultural voodoo weirdness's...we can't do jack about it because to do so would be "racist"....

yawn.....

Old 01-30-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
My point was that there are immigrants from all over the world taking over neighborhoods. I do not believe that all of them are legal. Couldn't you figure out what I meant?
Point taken. But this is a question of scale...I mean how many Russians are actually in the U.S. illegally. It does bother me that they are taking over neighborhoods but I don't have the means or motivation to find out about every instance. I got the gist of what you were saying-just found it odd you mentioned Moscow when quoting something about Hungary. Don't take it personally-we do live in a country full of geographically-challenged people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration