U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 04:59 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Exactly! How can she be expected to learn at night without a hearty breakfast and lunch. . . .and a paltry serving from the US-born child’s food stamp dinner?

Agreed. What amazes me the most are those who have the nerve to get angry at us for being angry about the raping, pillaging and destruction of our country at the hands of them and their illegal alien friends and family members.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 05:07 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,619,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeSpirited1 View Post
Here is the link:

http://www.nilc.org/ce/nonnilc/imm_eligibility_food_stmps_CA_2006-1-11.pdf (broken link)

This section here just amazes me (highlighted in blue), and perhaps could explain, in large part, why California is in such incredible debt.

And then, the section goes on to say that it's illegal for the government to discriminate (see red text)!!! Hahahahahaha. If a person is illegal, then what rights do they have here to sue OUR government? That's ridiculous!!!

I'm not a cruel person, yes, kids need things, but to provide for families that ought not be here when they're here by the millions is WRONG. And this is the official advice???

I am undocumented. Will I be reported to the immigration authorities if I apply for food stamps for my children?
The food stamps office only has to report you to the immigration authorities if it has proof (such as a final order of deportation) that you are in the country unlawfully. You should not tell anyone that you or someone in your family is undocumented. If you are not seeking food stamps for yourself, you do not need to give information about your immigration status, and should not present a false or invalid Social Security Number. But you will need to give information about your earnings or any property you may have, like a car. You should tell your food stamp worker that you are not trying to get benefits for yourself, and that you are not a “qualified” or “eligible” immigrant. “Not qualified” or “not eligible” is not the same as undocumented.

Remember, it is illegal for the government to treat you differently just because of the way you look or because you are from a particular country. Your caseworkers are not supposed to ask you any further questions about your immigration status once you tell them that you are not applying for food stamps for yourself. If you have questions, call one of the numbers below to find out how to get help.
See Underlined ! have you ever tried to sue your government?? You can't!!! the courts won't hear the matter. So why are the government officials so afraid a illegal will sue them ??? this is not rediculous , It's down right STUPPID!

Old 01-30-2009, 05:11 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
have you ever tried to sue your government??
Yes

And won

Old 01-30-2009, 06:52 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
That sort of malarky will wind up bankrupting California.

What does concern/anger me is my tax dollars (from my depleted income compared to 2007) being used to prop up that loser state just west of me with its damn illegal aliens.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:30 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingInExiles View Post
Nice job on the sensationalist title, OP.

People, before you respond to this thread, be sure to read the contents of the link posted.[/list][/list]Read in between the lines...

http://www.nilc.org/ce/nonnilc/imm_eligibility_food_stmps_CA_2006-1-11.pdf (broken link)
Between the lines? One doesn't need too, it's right there like a manual for the invaders to use step by step.

Keep your mouth shut, lie and fill out the forms in Spanish and you are good. Just reach into the pocket of the un-suspecting tax payers and it's a free for all. Thanks low life criminals.
I despise anyone who uses their children for personal gain. That is the lowest form of life out there.

Can Mexico and South America possibly sponge off of the US anymore than they are now? I doubt it.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:40 PM

200 posts, read 299,335 times
READ THESE LINES!

In fiscal year 1995, about $1.1 billion in AFDC and Food Stamp benefits
were provided to households with an illegal alien parent for the use of his
or her citizen child. This amount accounted for about 3 percent of AFDC
and 2 percent of Food Stamp benefit costs. A vast majority of the
households receiving these benefits resided in a few states—85 percent of
the AFDC households were in California, New York, Texas, and Arizona; 81
percent of Food Stamp households were in California, Texas, and Arizona.
California households alone accounted for $720 million of the combined
AFDC and Food Stamp benefit costs
, with such households representing
about 10 percent of the state’s AFDC and Food Stamp caseloads. Although
illegal aliens also received SSI and HUD housing assistance for their citizen
children, data to develop estimates for these two programs were not
available.

SOURCE:

United States General Accounting Office
"Illegal Aliens Extent Of Welfare Benefits"
Page 3.
http://www.gao.gov/archive/1998/he98030.pdf

Old 01-30-2009, 07:48 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad-The-Impaler View Post
READ THESE LINES!

In fiscal year 1995, about $1.1 billion in AFDC and Food Stamp benefits
were provided to households with an illegal alien parent for the use of his
or her citizen child. This amount accounted for about 3 percent of AFDC
and 2 percent of Food Stamp benefit costs. A vast majority of the
households receiving these benefits resided in a few states—85 percent of
the AFDC households were in California, New York, Texas, and Arizona; 81
percent of Food Stamp households were in California, Texas, and Arizona.
California households alone accounted for $720 million of the combined
AFDC and Food Stamp benefit costs
, with such households representing
about 10 percent of the state’s AFDC and Food Stamp caseloads. Although
illegal aliens also received SSI and HUD housing assistance for their citizen
children, data to develop estimates for these two programs were not
available.

SOURCE:

United States General Accounting Office
"Illegal Aliens Extent Of Welfare Benefits"
Page 3.
http://www.gao.gov/archive/1998/he98030.pdf
Which is one of the many causes of this country's inevitable financial collapse.

We cannot afford to take in the worlds' population of the most dysfunctional, unskilled, uneducated, abundantly breeding, poverty stricken masses and expect to survive. This is a fact that our government needs to be consistently reminded of via fax, phone, email and if possible in person.

Quote:
Tell Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi we don't want to restrict freedom of speech -- say no to the revival of the Fairness Doctrine and yes to the Broadcasters Freedom Act.

Phone # (202) 225-4965 or (415) 556-4862
Emails: AmericanVoices@mail.house.gov OR sf.nancy@mail.house.gov http://loudobbsradio.com/images/link_images/USETrans.jpg (broken link) U.S.ENGLISH, Inc. is the nation's oldest, largest citizens' action group dedicated to preserving the unifying role of the English language in the United States..
Write Your Representative:

The Lou Dobbs Show - Identify your Congressperson (http://loudobbsradio.com/congressperson.asp - broken link)

Old 01-31-2009, 12:04 PM

200 posts, read 299,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Exactly! How can she be expected to learn at night without a hearty breakfast and lunch. . . .and a paltry serving from the US-born child’s food stamp dinner?
From what I understand from reading about the subject of illegal aliens on Welfare is, that the welfare system gives the illegal aliens welfare to support the Anchor Babies and the household and the entire family whether they're legal or not.

So, yes grandma could be eating off the government teat and benefit from "English As A Second Language" (ESL) class. If she were smart enough to learn English in the first place.

Most illegal aliens don't know how to speak English, they can't even read and write their own language.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:18 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
What's really bad is that many of the illegals (and legals) are "enticed" into having many children so that they can keep upping their allotment of food stamps, WIC coupons and housing allowance.

The welfare life attracts many of them, they become very accustomed to it very quickly. If they should ever be deported, it's going to be especially difficult for them as many of them have little familiarity with work. Imagine their terror in being sent back to Mexico where they aren't going to be paid well to breed and would be expected to work to support their children -- and possibly work very hard?

Old 02-01-2009, 07:25 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What's really bad is that many of the illegals (and legals) are "enticed" into having many children so that they can keep upping their allotment of food stamps, WIC coupons and housing allowance.

The welfare life attracts many of them, they become very accustomed to it very quickly. If they should ever be deported, it's going to be especially difficult for them as many of them have little familiarity with work. Imagine their terror in being sent back to Mexico where they aren't going to be paid well to breed and would be expected to work to support their children -- and possibly work very hard?
Oh well (I agree with your assessment).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or