U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-15-2007, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Irving. TX
238 posts, read 131,770 times
Reputation: 4

Advertisements

What is an illegal alien? The answer needs to be based on facts, laws and not your impression. Let me guess there is no such thing as an illegal alien?


a creature from outer space; extraterrestrial - who doesn't belong in the Unites States.

Illegal Immigrant, Illegal Emigrant, Law challenged Pilgrim,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-15-2007, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Where the real happy cows reside!
4,281 posts, read 9,280,035 times
Reputation: 10414
I was considered a "legal alien" on my registration paperwork.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2007, 09:31 PM
 
1,484 posts, read 3,698,831 times
Reputation: 731
Default Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountianboomer View Post
What is an illegal alien? The answer needs to be based on facts, laws and not your impression. Let me guess there is no such thing as an illegal alien?


a creature from outer space; extraterrestrial - who doesn't belong in the Unites States.

Illegal Immigrant, Illegal Emigrant, Law challenged Pilgrim,
I agree 100%. If everyone stays on this fact while at the same time prepending all our remarks that we are not racist, then it makes mad because that is their fav. defense.

This is why our government always uses the term "undocumented" instead of illegal, they want to dimiss the fact that they are breaking the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2007, 10:08 PM
 
Location: The #1 sunshine state, Arizona.
12,172 posts, read 15,011,778 times
Reputation: 64014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Because your opinions closely resemble those of a racist.
Why is it that anytime you disagree with someone, you call them a racist? Very few of your posts don't contain the word, "racist". You are not solving anything or changing people's opinions. Someone your age should be enjoying life a little more, instead of trying to read racism into every post you see in a forum. Anybody who doesn't believe illegal immigrants should get "head of the line privileges" into this country is not a racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2007, 10:24 PM
 
2,218 posts, read 4,887,329 times
Reputation: 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Why is it that anytime you disagree with someone, you call them a racist? Very few of your posts don't contain the word, "racist". You are not solving anything or changing people's opinions. Someone your age should be enjoying life a little more, instead of trying to read racism into every post you see in a forum. Anybody who doesn't believe illegal immigrants should get "head of the line privileges" into this country is not a racist.
Because it's easier to call someone a racist instead of finding substantiated evidence to hold your leg on when you don't have anything else to back up what you have to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2007, 10:38 PM
 
Location: South Bay, California
1,701 posts, read 5,849,420 times
Reputation: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
You folks aren't racist, because illegal immigrants aren't a group of people. You folks exhibit the exact same behavior as a racist, outside of that one small detail. You complain, whine, hate, more hate, generalize, stereotype, group, portray uncontrollable anger, lower one's self value and worth, and dislike a group of people based on a common factor or factors. Basically your 90% racist, without the skin color part, so your shaping up to become a "bigot." A bigot as in showing a strong sense of bias, ignorance, and lack of tolerance for a group of people.
This is my previous quote on racist opinions within in this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2007, 10:39 PM
 
Location: The #1 sunshine state, Arizona.
12,172 posts, read 15,011,778 times
Reputation: 64014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
Because it's easier to call someone a racist instead of finding substantiated evidence to hold your leg on when you don't have anything else to back up what you have to say.
I was hoping dusesean1986 would answer. I guess he's too busy building a gate for Mr. Bush's fence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2007, 10:39 PM
 
Location: Where the real happy cows reside!
4,281 posts, read 9,280,035 times
Reputation: 10414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
Because it's easier to call someone a racist instead of finding substantiated evidence to hold your leg on when you don't have anything else to back up what you have to say.
Very true! I get really tired of that unsubstantiated racist card being thrown.

New thread? - "Does being against illegal immigration make me a racist"

Every time the racist card is thrown, redirect them to this thread instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2007, 10:45 PM
 
2,218 posts, read 4,887,329 times
Reputation: 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by TETLEY TEA! View Post
New thread? - "Does being against illegal immigration make me a racist"

Every time the racist card is thrown, redirect them to this thread instead.
I don't even think that would work. Because someone would say something off topic and then BAM! Everyone that contributed would automatically be labeled as "Spewing nothing but racist comments". Even if it was something little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2007, 10:47 PM
 
2,218 posts, read 4,887,329 times
Reputation: 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I was hoping dusesean1986 would answer. I guess he's too busy building a gate for Mr. Bush's fence.
LOL! The first time I read that I seen gate for Bush's fence. It just sounded naughty.

Anyways, back on subject.

I don't think anyone will have to make a fence for it. With as smart as Bush is it would probably wind up being less than a foot high.... And made out of Legos...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top