U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-13-2007, 12:07 PM
 
1,484 posts, read 3,697,700 times
Reputation: 731

Advertisements

If there are so many of us that feel this way why are we losing the fight against illegals so badly?

The only thing that I can think of is that people are tough in the dark but then when they come out they get real quite. Somehow we need to organize the entire US against illegals and the fact that our government allows it. Little groups here and there wont do it because there are justtoo many illegals and the government is too powerful.

I see people in my area complain about illegals and the next day they are paying them to do landscaping.

What do we do that will be effective?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-13-2007, 12:15 PM
 
Location: Heartland Florida
9,324 posts, read 23,230,141 times
Reputation: 4895
We are losing because our government has a double standard. They are terribly strict on little things, like letting your home fall apart, but lax on important things like national security though proper immigration enforcement. If there's money to be made, the government is aggressive. No money is made by gathering and deporting illegals. Our government is opertaing independantly of our wishes as citizens. Soft spineless people think we should take in all the world's problems to help them. The USA needs to grow a pair and set standards. It's not racist to be fair to our citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2007, 12:16 PM
 
2,218 posts, read 4,886,193 times
Reputation: 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
If there are so many of us that feel this way why are we losing the fight against illegals so badly?

The only thing that I can think of is that people are tough in the dark but then when they come out they get real quite. Somehow we need to organize the entire US against illegals and the fact that our government allows it. Little groups here and there wont do it because there are just too many illegals and the government is too powerful.

I see people in my area complain about illegals and the next day they are paying them to do landscaping.

What do we do that will be effective?
You can't do anything. The Government doesn't care what actual US citizens have to say about the matter. They just care that they get more votes than the next guy. And if they get their votes from others, they are going to do whatever it takes to make sure they get those votes.

So first of all, you've got to get the Government to listen to the US citizens. Then you can go from there.

Because until someone will listen. It won't matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2007, 12:20 PM
 
2,218 posts, read 4,886,193 times
Reputation: 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Soft spineless people think we should take in all the world's problems to help them. The USA needs to grow a pair and set standards.
Oh I totally agree, the United States of America needs to go back to being a Neutral power to the World. You mind your own business the United States of America mind theirs. If you need something you best present a good case before the United States of America steps in. The United States Government needs to stop trying to police the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2007, 12:41 PM
 
Location: Midwest
6,739 posts, read 8,540,895 times
Reputation: 16512
I agree the Gov't does not care. Neither do the illegal lovers. They don't care what happens to America - Quality of life is taking a dip as we speak......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2007, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
I agree the Gov't does not care. Neither do the illegal lovers. They don't care what happens to America - Quality of life is taking a dip as we speak......
Maybe we should ship the govt, the illegal lovers and the illegals, all back over the border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2007, 12:54 PM
 
Location: Midwest
6,739 posts, read 8,540,895 times
Reputation: 16512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Maybe we should ship the govt, the illegal lovers and the illegals, all back over the border.

Oh yes, that could be a start huh? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2007, 12:59 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Reputation: 2086
It would be a a more pleasant America for sure!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2007, 01:14 PM
 
Location: Where the real happy cows reside!
4,281 posts, read 9,277,556 times
Reputation: 10414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
Oh I totally agree, the United States of America needs to go back to being a Neutral power to the World. You mind your own business the United States of America mind theirs. If you need something you best present a good case before the United States of America steps in. The United States Government needs to stop trying to police the world.
Awesome! I've been saying that since ..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2007, 01:16 PM
 
Location: South Bay, California
1,701 posts, read 5,847,515 times
Reputation: 330
Because your opinions closely resemble those of a racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top