U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-01-2009, 05:41 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,901,976 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

Perez, 29, doesn't know it, but under current law she's eligible for a license; all that's required is passing the driver's test and proof of residency in the state. Even if the Yakima farm worker did know, she'd be hesitant to apply because that would bring her a little too close to the system.

Perez, like so many illegal immigrants, prefers to stay in the shadows.

They are the fly in the ointment for House Bill 1026, which would require proof of citizenship or legal residency for a regular driver's license. Those without such proof would get a different driver's license than citizens and legal residents. The idea is to keep undocumented immigrants from using driver's licenses to get voter registration cards and social services such as welfare and food stamps, said the bill's sponsor, state Rep. Mike Armstrong, R-Wenatchee.

"You still get to take the test, and you still get a driver's license," he said. "It's just stamped, 'Not valid for identification purposes.'"


www.yakima-herald.com
_________________

This is stupid. They have no right to be here, why waste tax dollars by giving them anything at all?

The insanity continues . . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-01-2009, 06:44 AM
 
Location: Northern VA (for now)
23,019 posts, read 31,984,992 times
Reputation: 30415
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Perez, 29, doesn't know it, but under current law she's eligible for a license; all that's required is passing the driver's test and proof of residency in the state. Even if the Yakima farm worker did know, she'd be hesitant to apply because that would bring her a little too close to the system.

Perez, like so many illegal immigrants, prefers to stay in the shadows.

They are the fly in the ointment for House Bill 1026, which would require proof of citizenship or legal residency for a regular driver's license. Those without such proof would get a different driver's license than citizens and legal residents. The idea is to keep undocumented immigrants from using driver's licenses to get voter registration cards and social services such as welfare and food stamps, said the bill's sponsor, state Rep. Mike Armstrong, R-Wenatchee.

"You still get to take the test, and you still get a driver's license," he said. "It's just stamped, 'Not valid for identification purposes.'"


www.yakima-herald.com
_________________

This is stupid. They have no right to be here, why waste tax dollars by giving them anything at all?

The insanity continues . . . .
Instead of a "second-class stamp" the only thing that should be given to illegals is a first-class foot in the out of our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2009, 07:07 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,901,976 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Instead of a "second-class stamp" the only thing that should be given to illegals is a first-class foot in the out of our country.
I fully agree. The behavior of a few greedy, lawless corporate masters and government officials, coupled with the racist groups that they sponsor with our tax dollars is what continues to emboldened the arrogance of illegals, and perpetuate this mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2009, 07:54 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,822,205 times
Reputation: 3028
They shouldn’t be here, and are not entitled to the privilege of driving on our streets, or anything else. It’s time to clean house; not look for options for leaving it in disarray.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2009, 07:57 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,901,976 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
They shouldn’t be here, and are not entitled to the privilege of driving on our streets, or anything else. It’s time to clean house; not look for options for leaving it in disarray.
It's way past time to clean house. The destruction that they have caused in this country is immeasurable and in many instances America will remain irretrievable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2009, 09:06 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,823 posts, read 30,075,350 times
Reputation: 17698
This is yet another measure of Illegal Aliens want of free services. If there isn't some type of govt freebie attached to it they turn their noses up at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2009, 09:42 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Instead of a "second-class stamp" the only thing that should be given to illegals is a first-class foot in the out of our country.
Buys Alanboy395 a Shaquille O'Neal sized boot to do the deed

Hell: O'Neal is also a reserve deputy under Sheriff Joe as well as being a Phx Suns basketball player.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top