Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 12:09 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
To be fair, it is good that job training is provided. What's wrong with this?

Job training in restaurants is great as long as they are training people who have gone through the legal process which entails a physical and will detect diseases. As a result of the thousands of unchecked illegal aliens working in our restaurants/preparing food we have had a multitude of scares and outbreaks that have resulted in food born illnesses.

Many foreign countries do not mandate hand washing after bathroom use. Those same "customs" have followed their nationals to the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 12:29 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
To be fair, it is good that job training is provided. What's wrong with this?
Job training for U.S. citizens? Absolutely! However, La Raza has a bad habit of conflating legal and illegal immigration to suit their agenda. One never knows if they are actually referring to legal immigrants or illegal aliens due to their refusal to differentiate between the two.

Most likely, they are advocating for illegal aliens, given that legal immigrants would be entitled to ALL benefits other citizens enjoy. Just think of “immigrant” as the pro-illegal euphemism for illegal alien. This is nothing but another La Raza ruse.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:35 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I believe you can special order them for breakfast. The last Burger King I entered had a majority spanish speaking staff. Apparently, only the supervisor spoke English. The same applies to McDonalds.

Since English and hand washing are now optional these days, I no longer frequent restaurants that don't have an American staff.
argh I learned years ago that you don't buy cheese at the lil local markets as there was a bad habit of the store owners making cheese in their bathtubs.

Old 02-01-2009, 02:09 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
argh I learned years ago that you don't buy cheese at the lil local markets as there was a bad habit of the store owners making cheese in their bathtubs.
ewwww . . . I never heard that one. I have, however, witnessed foreign restaurant workers come out of bathroom stalls and walk out the door without going anywhere near the sink. That pretty much did it for me.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:19 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,906,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Job training for U.S. citizens? Absolutely! However, La Raza has a bad habit of conflating legal and illegal immigration to suit their agenda. One never knows if they are actually referring to legal immigrants or illegal aliens due to their refusal to differentiate between the two.

Most likely, they are advocating for illegal aliens, given that legal immigrants would be entitled to ALL benefits other citizens enjoy. Just think of “immigrant” as the pro-illegal euphemism for illegal alien. This is nothing but another La Raza ruse.
In California at least, we have a large legal immigrant population as well. Mainly from Latin countries. So job training would enable more opportunities to enter into a higher economic situation.

La Raza is racist in general. However, in the end it would help benefit if illegal aliens had some job training, assimilation training, and an opportunity to become legal. Currently, the only good ESL classes are expensive. My dad was an ESL teacher at the University of California Riverside. My mother used to take classes, but still had to pay some tuition. They figured the free night school, but she did not get a good educaiton. So after work, my dad taught my mom.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:30 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
In California at least, we have a large legal immigrant population as well. Mainly from Latin countries. So job training would enable more opportunities to enter into a higher economic situation.

La Raza is racist in general. However, in the end it would help benefit if illegal aliens had some job training, assimilation training, and an opportunity to become legal. Currently, the only good ESL classes are expensive. My dad was an ESL teacher at the University of California Riverside. My mother used to take classes, but still had to pay some tuition. They figured the free night school, but she did not get a good educaiton. So after work, my dad taught my mom.
Their children speak English thanks to the free schooling, why can't they make an attempt to learn what the child knows?

Old 02-01-2009, 06:58 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,433,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I believe you can special order them for breakfast. The last Burger King I entered had a majority spanish speaking staff. Apparently, only the supervisor spoke English. The same applies to McDonalds.

Since English and hand washing are now optional these days, I no longer frequent restaurants that don't have an American staff.
Tried to rep ya but it said I gotta spread it around....we were in NY last year and let me tell you, every fast food had a majority of spanish speaking staff that you could barely understand. I told my husband no more fast food while we were there, or anywhere that does not have Americans who speak English.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:02 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,433,506 times
Quote:

What I don't understand is why people can't figure out what the word "illegal" means. They are in this Country illegally which means they need to go, forget job training. They broke the law by entering the U.S. Let them go through all the red tape those who came in legally have done. In the meantime, they need to be sent back.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:10 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,083 times
Quote:

If this training is limited to legal immigrants, that is reasonable enough. As far as I am concerned illegal aliens need to be returned to their home countries, not given job or language classes. This is another attempt by La Raza to promote stealth amnesty. You see, if we give them job training and ESL classes then NCLR will start screaming that illegal aliens cannot possibly be deported and must be given citizenship because we have invested all this time and money in them, etc., etc., etc. To actively work to undermine our legal immigration process in this economy is outrageous. There are more than enough Americans and legal immigrants who will be willing to fill whatever job is available as our economy continues to tank.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:23 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,906,380 times
However, the truth of the matter is that they are here. Whether or not we agree. They are here. Deporting all of them is too costly. And not trying to use a cliche term, but they are too big to fail. Their children speak English, because they are immersed in English. Adults do way worse in picking up a different language. Also, most would like to make an attempt, but working in menial labor doesn't provide much time to learn English. To have them here and not work would destroy our economy. How do you send back every illegal immigrant? It is impossible.

I can see the otherside of the argument being that if you do that, then a flood of immigrants occur. Well, institute a very strictly enforced, yet easy to enter, guest worker program. A wall is too costly and a PR disaster. Militarization would indeed inflict human rights violations, the last thing that America needs now. Not to mention the astounding cost. So, we figure out an approach that works the best.

For those that are here, we need them to contribute as best as possible to the economy. Esp. now more than ever. Training them would be a step in the right direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration