U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 11:56 PM

216 posts, read 451,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
one shouldn't throw stones when one resides in a glass house.
I will throw stones because I know to how read in my native English language. Millions of Mexicans/Central Americans can only speak Spanish, but they would not be able to read a book or magazine in their native Spanish language if their lives depended on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 12:30 AM

4,089 posts, read 4,599,481 times
Post a trigger-happy guard with a big gun about every 100 yards across the whole border - give them permssion to shoot on site. It would create 15,000 jobs, and would be cheaper than the real fence.

PS, I guarantee they would never have to fire a single shot.

Last edited by GOPATTA2D; 02-03-2009 at 12:48 AM..

Old 02-17-2009, 02:22 PM

67 posts, read 85,323 times
Heres a thought.How about fining companies no matter the size, for hiring them.Take away the jobs, take away the incentive for coming over the border.

Old 02-17-2009, 02:30 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,621,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinIE View Post
Heres a thought.How about fining companies no matter the size, for hiring them.Take away the jobs, take away the incentive for coming over the border.
That, too....

Old 02-17-2009, 02:47 PM

162 posts, read 419,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Winchester View Post
I will throw stones because I know to how read in my native English language. Millions of Mexicans/Central Americans can only speak Spanish, but they would not be able to read a book or magazine in their native Spanish language if their lives depended on it.
This is the very definition of irony.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:33 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,713,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
Judging by the numerous grammatical and geographical errors present in the above post, one shouldn't throw stones when one resides in a glass house.
While you may not approve of the grammar in his post, you have got to give him credit- at least he is in the right country. Which is more than can be said for the illegal aliens.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:24 AM
Yac

5,875 posts, read 6,296,447 times
Border barriers guys, not grammar. Please.
Yac.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:56 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,398,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I agree. Mines are a bad idea. Sooner or later you just know that somebody is going to step on one and end up with all sorts of injuries. This will cost us tens of thousands of dollars (I am being conservative) in hospital bills, therapy, special car to drive, etc. Then they will sue the gubmint and/or someone else with deep pockets for millions because they stepped on a mine while sneaking into the US. Next they will refuse to leave and demand that 19 members of their immediate family be brought over to help them recover from the 'accident'. They will ask Ty Pennington from Extreme Home Makeover to build a new house for all of them. If he refuses, they will call La Raza and MALDEF and sue him for racism and discrimination. And this is before the 'World Court' weighs in or France starts telling us what they think. Worst of all, we will be treated to the horrifying spectacle of the 'leaf nosed bat'-faced head of NCLR, Janet Murguia, hectoring Lou Dobbs and wagging her finger at him because we have mines on the border. All said mines are a bad idea.
How about a minimum of double layered anti personell fencing, triple in heavily populated areas, with a 2 lane highway between layers the full length of the border. Then, although we don't actually install mines, we spread the rumor throughout Meheko that we have installed mines all along the border. Sensors detect someone trying to break in and set off a mine explosion sound. False reports of body parts found by the BP. False body count reports. Etc. The US gov, of course, denies adamantly that there are no mines along the border, just like it denies everything else. Create real doubt in the minds of potential illegal Mexican border jumpers.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:42 AM

25,382 posts, read 16,309,046 times
Now there's an idea I like! Inexpensive to implement with a chance of real results.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:56 PM

2,088 posts, read 2,187,474 times
We shouldn't build any border walls because we need to be more tolerant of other cultures.

Last edited by Bostonian123; 02-18-2009 at 02:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or