U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-06-2009, 08:02 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,742,656 times
Reputation: 1285

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i was discussing the octuplets mother as the one who was profiled as a hispanic by a poster her. JDM, 1 angry etc. cant remeber exactly who. that is ignorant. its a generalization. its a prejudice. it turns out hte woman is iraqi lithuanian or somehting.
and in this case i was referring to the assumption that the woman in childbirth [at the border] was an illegal coming to have her baby on the US side. it turns out she was a US citizen.

i know what im talkin about deary. you are the one who seems to not know what she is talkin about.

remember grown folks is talking.

better luck next time.
As has been previously pointed out regarding the octuplets, there are cases where women from other countries who know they are carrying multiple babies deliberately enter the US and visit some ER or clinic, knowing full well that we will then be stuck caring for them and paying the bills for them forever once the new 'citizens' are born.
I've worked in a hospital in a border state. Please don't waste your time trying to tell me that women from south of the border do not come to the US illegally in order to give birth in a US hospital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-09-2009, 12:09 AM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,138,737 times
Reputation: 2244
ya, just not in this case!!!

cant admit youre wrong huh?
its ok.
its very ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
As has been previously pointed out regarding the octuplets, there are cases where women from other countries who know they are carrying multiple babies deliberately enter the US and visit some ER or clinic, knowing full well that we will then be stuck caring for them and paying the bills for them forever once the new 'citizens' are born.
I've worked in a hospital in a border state. Please don't waste your time trying to tell me that women from south of the border do not come to the US illegally in order to give birth in a US hospital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 12:53 AM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
28,471 posts, read 43,874,539 times
Reputation: 19139
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It was an anchor baby having another anchor baby.
You mean a CITIZEN? If my grandparents were from Russia, does that make me an anchor baby of an anchor baby? Wow, I had no idea!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 12:53 AM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
28,471 posts, read 43,874,539 times
Reputation: 19139
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I will bet you $100 that the mother involved is indeed hispanic.
What does that have to do with anything? My roommate sitting beside me is part Hispanic, and his family (both sides) has been here since before the Mayflower arrived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 09:16 AM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,742,656 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
You mean a CITIZEN? If my grandparents were from Russia, does that make me an anchor baby of an anchor baby? Wow, I had no idea!
If your grandparents came to the US legally (they were in compliance with the standards at that time), then their offspring are not anchor babies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 09:34 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,836,929 times
Reputation: 3787
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
What does that have to do with anything? My roommate sitting beside me is part Hispanic, and his family (both sides) has been here since before the Mayflower arrived.
I had to chuckle here:

A friend of mine from Mexico: who self identifies as both Mexican as well as an Observant Jew; born/raised SOB along with both his parents are full Hispanic--------never mind that all four of his grandparents came from Eastern Europe (Ashkanazic Jews).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 09:37 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,836,929 times
Reputation: 3787
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
If your grandparents came to the US legally (they were in compliance with the standards at that time), then their offspring are not anchor babies.
In all fairness: even if Gizmo980's grands came here illegally; that would be a moot point since Anchor Babies were counted as US citizens.

That stated: it is high time to change the birthright citizenship rule so at least one parent is a US citizen/legal resident--------grandfathering in the age 18 and older Anchors at best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 01:30 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,138,737 times
Reputation: 2244
so which parent would it be? and if its not the mother, how do you establish paternity? DNA tests ALA maury povich?

you are NOT the father!!! (enter BP stage right)


Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In all fairness: even if Gizmo980's grands came here illegally; that would be a moot point since Anchor Babies were counted as US citizens.

That stated: it is high time to change the birthright citizenship rule so at least one parent is a US citizen/legal resident--------grandfathering in the age 18 and older Anchors at best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 01:58 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,742,656 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
so which parent would it be? and if its not the mother, how do you establish paternity? DNA tests ALA maury povich?

you are NOT the father!!! (enter BP stage right)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 03:07 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,836,929 times
Reputation: 3787
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
so which parent would it be? and if its not the mother, how do you establish paternity? DNA tests ALA maury povich?

you are NOT the father!!! (enter BP stage right)
DNA testing is at least 99% accurate. Open wide so I can swab your mouth, rhetorically speaking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top