Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 03:42 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
They are experts at assuming.
It is not an unreasonable assumption to make. Ask any health care worker who has been employed in a border state what they think the citizenship of a woman in labor who is crossing the border into the US is likely to be. Frankly, I am surprised that it is not an illegal alien in labor making an end run around US immigration law to drop an anchor. Which just goes to show that there are indeed exceptions to every rule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 07:38 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
well this could have been a returning US tourist who went into labor unexpectedly. the article only mentions that the woman was moved to a secondary area to verify US citizenship. it never says the result of the evaluation. it never mentions her status. but you guys ASSume once again. why cant yall wait for all the facts of the story to come out. (SMH @ camping)

till then all i can do is thank our border agents for helping the miracle of life occur.

and if she is not a US citizen, well who cares where her baby was born. she can take it with her on her way back to mexico or wherever she was coming from. easy as that. the problem lies in tracking her after her hospital stay.

an article several months back related the story of the cali fires which caught up with scores of illegals in the desert. some died. others were severely injured/burned. those who were injured were taken to hospitals and treated. no one was told to watch over them. after they were well enough to leave the hospital, they did just that. no border patrol in sight. no migra, no nothing.

thats where the ball gets dropped. if she is not a US citizen lets hope that they keep tabs on her. if they dont then who really is to blame?
What a large number of them do is have babies on the USA side for the sole purpose of getting that USA birth certificate, anchor status, and the welfare handouts a USA born baby brings them - food stamps, WIC, Medicaid and of course the hospital stay costs them nothing at all.

They can live better on the Mexican side, so they stay there, they pay no property taxes that way, yet because of the piece of paper saying they're US citizens, they can cross back and forth as they please to use the hospitals, schools, pick up food stamps and the welfare checks. Many like that live in opulent houses in their own country but get all the advantages of USA citizen and access to the free stuff.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:40 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
you mean a citizen having a baby?

you guys get your panties in a bunch over nothing!!!
yall know what they say about ASSuming...

It was an anchor baby having another anchor baby. You should see how it is on the border. For decades they've been coming over to give birth on USA soil. Many of these are also dual citizens with their hearts in Mexico but their bellies in the USA.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:53 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,663,530 times
ya just like when those poster like JDM and tax payer or whomever, assumed the octoplets mother was an illegal. or a hispanic because of where she lived.

assuming and generalizations are very ignorant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
It is not an unreasonable assumption to make. Ask any health care worker who has been employed in a border state what they think the citizenship of a woman in labor who is crossing the border into the US is likely to be. Frankly, I am surprised that it is not an illegal alien in labor making an end run around US immigration law to drop an anchor. Which just goes to show that there are indeed exceptions to every rule.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:57 PM

those are citizens having babies. thats all it is.

obvioulsy they took her to the appropriate place so she could give birth.

she is a citizen and now so is her baby.

as for how it is on the border. i am very well aware of that. but the "crossing the bridge with a fetus dangling out the mothers vagina" is very rare. this just happened to be a woman who went into labor unexpectedly.

much ado about nothing. you guys really crack me up man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It was an anchor baby having another anchor baby. You should see how it is on the border. For decades they've been coming over to give birth on USA soil. Many of these are also dual citizens with their hearts in Mexico but their bellies in the USA.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
ya just like when those poster like JDM and tax payer or whomever, assumed the octoplets mother was an illegal. or a hispanic because of where she lived.

assuming and generalizations are very ignorant.
Telling others that they are ignorant when one is totally clueless about the subject being discussed is the mark of a true cretin.
Put your money where your mouth is. I will bet you $100 that the mother involved is indeed hispanic.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:43 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,605,040 times
Quote:
Telling others that they are ignorant when one is totally clueless about the subject being discussed is the mark of a true cretin.
Put your money where your mouth is. I will bet you $100 that the mother involved is indeed hispanic.
Does Hispanic mean illegal?

Old 02-06-2009, 03:50 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,747,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
That proves my point that most have a bone to pick with hispanics in general, not just the illegal ones.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post

Here is the part of the original post I was responding to:

Quote:
was an illegal. or a hispanic because of where she lived.
Maybe 'the One' thinks illegals and hispanics are one and the same. You must ask him. Since the mother involved either lived in El Paso and was visiting Juarez or lived in Juarez, I would say there is a good chance she is hispanic. Many citizens of El Paso are hispanic and I suspect an even higher percentage of the citizens of Juarez are hispanic. That is like saying a person is ignorant if they assume someone living in Japan may be Japanese.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:45 PM

i was discussing the octuplets mother as the one who was profiled as a hispanic by a poster her. JDM, 1 angry etc. cant remeber exactly who. that is ignorant. its a generalization. its a prejudice. it turns out hte woman is iraqi lithuanian or somehting.
and in this case i was referring to the assumption that the woman in childbirth [at the border] was an illegal coming to have her baby on the US side. it turns out she was a US citizen.

i know what im talkin about deary. you are the one who seems to not know what she is talkin about.

remember grown folks is talking.

better luck next time.

Quote:
Here is the part of the original post I was responding to:

Maybe 'the One' thinks illegals and hispanics are one and the same. You must ask him. Since the mother involved either lived in El Paso and was visiting Juarez or lived in Juarez, I would say there is a good chance she is hispanic. Many citizens of El Paso are hispanic and I suspect an even higher percentage of the citizens of Juarez are hispanic. That is like saying a person is ignorant if they assume someone living in Japan may be Japanese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration