U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 07:35 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
At 8:10 a.m., a blue Chevrolet van entered the port of entry from Mexico and told CBP officers that a woman passenger was in labor, officials said. CBP officers called paramedics and moved the vehicle to a secondary inspection area to verify the mother's citizenship.
El Paso Times article

That is a new one on me: verifying citizenship if there is a possible Anchor baby being involved prior to birth.

Maybe the USA is starting to 'grow a pair' finally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 07:41 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
El Paso Times article

That is a new one on me: verifying citizenship if there is a possible Anchor baby being involved prior to birth.

I am praying that the van was still on the Mexican half of the bridge when this woman gave birth.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:10 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Well, I guess there goes the theory that women never enter the US with the sole purpose of giving birth to an anchor baby.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:22 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
well this could have been a returning US tourist who went into labor unexpectedly. the article only mentions that the woman was moved to a secondary area to verify US citizenship. it never says the result of the evaluation. it never mentions her status. but you guys ASSume once again. why cant yall wait for all the facts of the story to come out. (SMH @ camping)

till then all i can do is thank our border agents for helping the miracle of life occur.

and if she is not a US citizen, well who cares where her baby was born. she can take it with her on her way back to mexico or wherever she was coming from. easy as that. the problem lies in tracking her after her hospital stay.

an article several months back related the story of the cali fires which caught up with scores of illegals in the desert. some died. others were severely injured/burned. those who were injured were taken to hospitals and treated. no one was told to watch over them. after they were well enough to leave the hospital, they did just that. no border patrol in sight. no migra, no nothing.

thats where the ball gets dropped. if she is not a US citizen lets hope that they keep tabs on her. if they dont then who really is to blame?

Old 02-04-2009, 01:15 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
well this could have been a returning US tourist who went into labor unexpectedly. the article only mentions that the woman was moved to a secondary area to verify US citizenship. it never says the result of the evaluation. it never mentions her status. but you guys ASSume once again. why cant yall wait for all the facts of the story to come out. (SMH @ camping)

till then all i can do is thank our border agents for helping the miracle of life occur.

and if she is not a US citizen, well who cares where her baby was born. she can take it with her on her way back to mexico or wherever she was coming from. easy as that. the problem lies in tracking her after her hospital stay.

an article several months back related the story of the cali fires which caught up with scores of illegals in the desert. some died. others were severely injured/burned. those who were injured were taken to hospitals and treated. no one was told to watch over them. after they were well enough to leave the hospital, they did just that. no border patrol in sight. no migra, no nothing.

thats where the ball gets dropped. if she is not a US citizen lets hope that they keep tabs on her. if they dont then who really is to blame?

Was in a hurry, didn't read the acticle so my bad

You are right, I did jump to an assumption.....maybe someone can find a follow up article with more information?

Old 02-04-2009, 02:03 PM

167 posts, read 406,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
El Paso Times article

El Paso Times reported that the woman and newborn were then taken to Thomason Hospital in El Paso for treatment and to make sure all was well. Why see wasn't taken to a Juarez hospital is beyond me. Maybe she had insurance and will be paying her bills at Thomason.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinggreen View Post
El Paso Times reported that the woman and newborn were then taken to Thomason Hospital in El Paso for treatment and to make sure all was well. Why see wasn't taken to a Juarez hospital is beyond me. Maybe she had insurance and will be paying her bills at Thomason.
maybe it turned out she was a US citizen?
ever think of that?

either way, more info is needed.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:32 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Turns out it is an anchor having a baby. Nice.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Turns out it is an anchor having a baby. Nice.
you mean a citizen having a baby?

you guys get your panties in a bunch over nothing!!!
yall know what they say about ASSuming...

Last edited by the one; 02-05-2009 at 02:38 PM..

Old 02-05-2009, 01:51 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
you mean a citizen having a baby?

you guys get your banties in a bunch over nothing!!!
yall know what they say about ASSuming...
They are experts at assuming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration