Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2009, 05:19 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
BOSTON -- A national group is calling on President Barack Obama to deport his aunt, an illegal immigrant who was living in Boston.

The Americans for Legal Immigration PAC filed an arrest request with Immigration and Customs Enforcement Monday and issued a public demand for Obama to deport Zeituni Onyango.

Onyango is currently living in Ohio and has vowed to fight against being deported. Four years ago, an immigration judge instructed her to leave the country after her request for asylum from her native Kenya was rejected.

"President Obama has promised the American public that his administration will honor the principles of open government, the Constitution and the Rule of Law," said William Gheen of ALIPAC. "Obama must either deport his aunt or destroy his own credibility by showing her favoritism."

Last year, Onyango was found living in Boston. Obama said that he didn't know that one of his relatives was living in the city illegally and believes the appropriate laws should be followed.
Group Calls On Obama To Deport Aunt - Politics News Story - WCVB Boston (http://www.thebostonchannel.com/politics/18622945/detail.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 05:33 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
haha, good for them

of course, asking that bammers follow the law ["don't tell me words don't matter!" - BHO] will be seen as 'hate.' just watch and see.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:35 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,408,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
haha, good for them

of course, asking that bammers follow the law ["don't tell me words don't matter!" - BHO] will be seen as 'hate.' just watch and see.
The law is the law. No one should be considered above it. It's way past time for Auntie Squatter and every other illegal alien in this country to leave. If you have anchors please take them with you. We don't have the financial resources or the desire to support you or them.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 02-02-2009 at 07:29 PM..

Old 02-02-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The law is the law. No one should be considered above it. It's way past time for Auntie Squatter and every other illegal alien in this country to leave. If you have anchors please take them with you. We don't have the financial resources or the desire to support you or them.

'zackly. irish, chinese, mexican, cambodian, kenyan..

legal? welcome. illegal? buh bye.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:25 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,725,297 times
Obama is the president, not the head of INS. It would be abuse of power for him to intervene on either side in his aunts situation. Certainly you should have learned that after all of Sarah Palin's shenanigans.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:37 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
An immigration judge has reviewed her case, and she was ordered deported 4 years ago. It’s a travesty that she is still here, and living in subsidized housing. Her story underscores the lax enforcement of our laws.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:52 PM

i've seen this sort of thing soooooo often, i should be used to it, but it still pisses me off:

from the wapo -
Quote:
An anti-immigration group yesterday called on President Obama to arrest and deport his aunt, appealing to conservative activists to make her case a symbol of his administration's immigration enforcement policies.
got that? an anti-immigration group. not an anti-illegal immigration group. for the 4,955,113th time, pro-illegal immigration apologists in the media conflate illegal and legal immigration.

so - what was the name of this so-called 'anti-immigration group', you ask?

"Americans for Legal Immigration"

honestly, you can't make this crap up

Old 02-05-2009, 08:35 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i've seen this sort of thing soooooo often, i should be used to it, but it still pisses me off:

from the wapo -

got that? an anti-immigration group. not an anti-illegal immigration group. for the 4,955,113th time, pro-illegal immigration apologists in the media conflate illegal and legal immigration.

so - what was the name of this so-called 'anti-immigration group', you ask?

"Americans for Legal Immigration"

honestly, you can't make this crap up
You can't possibly be refering to ALIPAC can you? They are an avid anti-illegal org. Maybe you should check out thier web site. Besides all that, JDubsMom is right! The law is the law. Lead by example.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
You can't possibly be refering to ALIPAC can you?
i can be, and am.

Quote:
They are an avid anti-illegal org.
uh, yeah. i made note of that. the wapo, on the other hand, smeared them with a blanket label of being anti-immigration. period.

see the difference?

Quote:
Maybe you should check out thier web site.
why bother? i've already seen it countless times. is there something new up there that i should be aware of?

Quote:
Besides all that, JDubsMom is right! The law is the law. Lead by example.
did you see me disagreeing with jdubsmom?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration