U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 12:04 AM

5,409 posts, read 11,101,205 times

Advertisements

thanks tm, and everyone else. enough of my buddies are cops and CO's and BP and in law enforcement. some of them stayed cool cats, others became the really jaded ones. its tough. i dont really blame them. as a cop/LE you see the worst of the worst. you are bound to be desensitized and not give people the benefit of the doubt. its tough all around. it sucks gettin caught up in it.

i just wish they would start with the predators. and in my communities the okey dokey folk(who happen to not have valid papers) aint really the predators. they are usually the prey.

i think check points are also good places to catch folks. you get caught for a DUI, run their prints (and other biometric info), if you illegal... bam we got a drunk driver AND a ilegal off the streets.

it just makes more sense to start there. where the bad guys are. and the bad guys who aint been caught, they will be eventually.

but in the end these BP (no matter how far from the border) still need to get paid. if snatching up old people and people outside of clinics pay the bills, well then make that mission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The One:
I feel for what you put up with. It would jerk my chain too. I however would be royally pissed at what caused it. All those illegals.
I agree with you waiting out side the prison for them would be an excellent strategy. You should join that task force and get yourself some satisfaction. Satisfaction for all the times you were singled out because some folks don't feel a need to obey the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 10:39 AM

32,979 posts, read 30,239,110 times
There is a line being crossed and it doesn't matter at what level. Every single person being deported is guilty of a law being broken. Every single person being deported qualifies for their removal. That's pretty simple math for everyone except the relatives of those people.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:27 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,101,205 times
or for people whos communities are ravaged by greater ills.

drugs, gangs, theft, rape, murder, etc etc.

we got bigger problems where im from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
There is a line being crossed and it doesn't matter at what level. Every single person being deported is guilty of a law being broken. Every single person being deported qualifies for their removal. That's pretty simple math for everyone except the relatives of those people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration