U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-17-2009, 12:31 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,909,114 times
Reputation: 2989

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw0rdfish View Post
Hi MACMEAL
Would be interesting to know to what RACE the NCLR is representing according with your point of view?
Hispanics is a multiracial ethnicity. There are browns, whites, blacks, Asians, indigenous, etc.
Can we call RACIST a group of people with multiracial tolerance?
I can't speak for NCLR....they coined their term "la Raza", and thought up their motto..why not ask them what they mean? I'm only commenting on what they say.

They COULD mean Mestizos, or Indians....I can only guess. If so, that's curious, because many people..(including my wife, kids, grandkids and numerous relatives) share that description, yet feel no connection with NCLR. So I can only GUESS what they mean, and again, I suggest you visit their website for a more thorough explanation.

I'm still having a problem with a group who calls itself "The Race", yet purports to be "non-racist"...and how the expression "for those outside the race, NOTHING" can be made 'palatable' for those 'outside'. That one mystifies me. Reading your post, I am NOW mystified by another question...how YOU, in your post, come to the conclusion that those who say "por FUERA la Raza, NADA", can be called a "group of people with multiracial tolerance"...now THAT one, I admit, puzzles me....and since that's YOUR words, not theirs, perhaps YOU could explain it to me...(?)...

Thanks for your answer, in advance..

 
Old 02-17-2009, 12:41 PM
 
103 posts, read 123,936 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I can't speak for NCLR....they coined their term "la Raza", and thought up their motto..why not ask them what they mean? I'm only commenting on what they say.

They COULD mean Mestizos, or Indians....I can only guess. If so, that's curious, because many people..(including my wife, kids, grandkids and numerous relatives) share that description, yet feel no connection with NCLR. So I can only GUESS what they mean, and again, I suggest you visit their website for a more thorough explanation.

I'm still having a problem with a group who calls itself "The Race", yet purports to be "non-racist"...and how the expression "for those outside the race, NOTHING" can be made 'palatable' for those 'outside'. That one mystifies me. Reading your post, I am NOW mystified by another question...how YOU, in your post, come to the conclusion that those who say "por FUERA la Raza, NADA", can be called a "group of people with multiracial tolerance"...now THAT one, I admit, puzzles me....and since that's YOUR words, not theirs, perhaps YOU could explain it to me...(?)...

Thanks for your answer, in advance..
This is the position of NCLR:
NCLR responded to Norwood's conditions apology in a point-by-point press release defending its policies, which it claims have never been racially or ethnically exclusionary, never supported and does not endorse the notion of a “Reconquista” or “Aztlán,” has never used, and unequivocally rejects, the motto “Por La Raza todo. Fuera de La Raza nada", has supported numerous measures to ensure that all Americans have the freedom to choose where to live, and stated that its programs are already covered by civil rights laws administered by independent agencies at the federal, state, and local level.It also disputes the charge that it supports illegal immigration, constantly reiterating its support for effective and reasonable border security and immigration-law enforcement. In a speech in San Diego, NCLR CEO Janet Murguía stated: "First, as a sovereign nation, the United States has the right to determine who comes and who stays. . . [It also] has a right to consider enforcement at a variety of levels, including border enforcement, interior enforcement, and workplace enforcement. . . We support enforcement...[because] as Americans, we recognize it's the right thing to do
 
Old 02-17-2009, 12:45 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,909,114 times
Reputation: 2989
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw0rdfish View Post
This is the position of NCLR:
NCLR responded to Norwood's conditions apology in a point-by-point press release defending its policies, which it claims have never been racially or ethnically exclusionary, never supported and does not endorse the notion of a “Reconquista” or “Aztlán,” has never used, and unequivocally rejects, the motto “Por La Raza todo. Fuera de La Raza nada", has supported numerous measures to ensure that all Americans have the freedom to choose where to live, and stated that its programs are already covered by civil rights laws administered by independent agencies at the federal, state, and local level.It also disputes the charge that it supports illegal immigration, constantly reiterating its support for effective and reasonable border security and immigration-law enforcement. In a speech in San Diego, NCLR CEO Janet Murguía stated: "First, as a sovereign nation, the United States has the right to determine who comes and who stays. . . [It also] has a right to consider enforcement at a variety of levels, including border enforcement, interior enforcement, and workplace enforcement. . . We support enforcement...[because] as Americans, we recognize it's the right thing to do
Great. Sounds like a fine, racially-tolerant group. I'm sure I'll sleep better tonight, with NCLR on my side. Thanks for your answer.

For your NEXT project, you may want to google "StormFront" (if you can...it's blocked on many net providers). It's another misunderstood group, often accused of racism. ACTUALLY, it wishes 'all the best' for ALL races, as long as they're "far away from IT".....and its ONLY agenda is promoting and protecting "white culture".

Maybe you could clear THAT misunderstanding, too. There is apparently a lot of misinformation going around..
 
Old 02-17-2009, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Back in the gym...Yo Adrian!
9,371 posts, read 17,964,804 times
Reputation: 18405
A friend of mine is a truck driver and tried getting some work in NYC but was told that many companies are hiring Mexican immigrants (not sure of their legal status) for lower wages, so unless he was willing to work the long hours at the wages offered he as out of luck. So not only are they stealing jobs, but they are causing salaries offered for many blue collar jobs to drop as well.
 
Old 02-17-2009, 01:52 PM
 
103 posts, read 123,936 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Great. Sounds like a fine, racially-tolerant group. I'm sure I'll sleep better tonight, with NCLR on my side. Thanks for your answer.

For your NEXT project, you may want to google "StormFront" (if you can...it's blocked on many net providers). It's another misunderstood group, often accused of racism. ACTUALLY, it wishes 'all the best' for ALL races, as long as they're "far away from IT".....and its ONLY agenda is promoting and protecting "white culture".

Maybe you could clear THAT misunderstanding, too. There is apparently a lot of misinformation going around..

People can drawn their own conclusions based on a proper definition of racism:
RACISM=The belief that people's qualities are influenced by their race and that the members of other races are not as good as the members of your own, or the resulting unfair treatment of members of other races
 
Old 02-17-2009, 02:46 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,909,114 times
Reputation: 2989
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw0rdfish View Post
People can drawn their own conclusions based on a proper definition of racism:
RACISM=The belief that people's qualities are influenced by their race and that the members of other races are not as good as the members of your own, or the resulting unfair treatment of members of other races
Thanks for your research. You've provided one definition of racism. Here are a few more...

(1)...A rude waitress who's slow in serving a minority customer...

(2)...Attending a Ku Klux Klan meeting, or a fundraiser

(3)...The quality of education that causes some students to drop out...

(5)...Being opposed to illegal immigration...

(6)....Lynching

(7)...Discussing the reasons for poverty...

(8)...Refusing those in gang attire admission to amusement parks....

(9)...Telling teenage male students to pull their pants up...

(10).. The main motivator of teenage pregnancy..

(11)....Slavery..

(12)...Displaying the American flag

(13)...Discussing welfare spending...

(14). The reason why Asians excel in Math and Science...

(15)....Discussing religiously-motivated terrorism..

(16). Listening to European classical music...

(17)...Using the term 'the inner city'...

(18)..telling 'Europeans' to leave the Western Hemisphere.

There are MANY definitions of racism...the above are just a few. There are many more. Not EVERYONE agrees on ALL of them....but each has been offered, at one point or another, as evidence of 'racism'...or "veiled racism", which is WORSE, because often those guilty of 'veiled racism' are so "veiled", they MAY not even be aware they're racists..

Complex issue, for sure.
 
Old 02-17-2009, 02:55 PM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,265,318 times
Reputation: 2880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
A friend of mine is a truck driver and tried getting some work in NYC but was told that many companies are hiring Mexican immigrants (not sure of their legal status) for lower wages, so unless he was willing to work the long hours at the wages offered he as out of luck. So not only are they stealing jobs, but they are causing salaries offered for many blue collar jobs to drop as well.
Exactly why another term for 'illegal immigrant' should be 'scab'.
 
Old 02-17-2009, 03:00 PM
 
1,643 posts, read 3,755,457 times
Reputation: 765
2 yrs ago Bush started up the E verify program to allow employers to verify if a person was legal before thye were hired and it was free. So no excuses.

Now with this stimulus bill the Everify stipulation was removed. So now the supposed 3 million jobs that will be created can now be given to the illegals thanks to Obama, Pelosi and the band of goons.
 
Old 02-17-2009, 03:30 PM
 
103 posts, read 123,936 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Thanks for your research. You've provided one definition of racism. Here are a few more...

(1)...A rude waitress who's slow in serving a minority customer...

(2)...Attending a Ku Klux Klan meeting, or a fundraiser

(3)...The quality of education that causes some students to drop out...

(5)...Being opposed to illegal immigration...

(6)....Lynching

(7)...Discussing the reasons for poverty...

(8)...Refusing those in gang attire admission to amusement parks....

(9)...Telling teenage male students to pull their pants up...

(10).. The main motivator of teenage pregnancy..

(11)....Slavery..

(12)...Displaying the American flag

(13)...Discussing welfare spending...

(14). The reason why Asians excel in Math and Science...

(15)....Discussing religiously-motivated terrorism..

(16). Listening to European classical music...

(17)...Using the term 'the inner city'...

(18)..telling 'Europeans' to leave the Western Hemisphere.

There are MANY definitions of racism...the above are just a few. There are many more. Not EVERYONE agrees on ALL of them....but each has been offered, at one point or another, as evidence of 'racism'...or "veiled racism", which is WORSE, because often those guilty of 'veiled racism' are so "veiled", they MAY not even be aware they're racists..

Complex issue, for sure.
I'm talking about definitions (from a dictionary) not misconceptions of racism. I agree, it can be a complex issue if we ignore the purpose of a dictionary.
 
Old 02-17-2009, 03:43 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,817,963 times
Reputation: 1287
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw0rdfish View Post
I'm talking about definitions (from a dictionary) not misconceptions of racism. I agree, it can be a complex issue if we ignore the purpose of a dictionary.
Here is the definition of illegal from the dictionary.

Quote:
illegal

1. forbidden by law or statute
2. contrary to or forbidden by official rules, regulations, etc.
Kind of clarifies what exactly it means to be in the US illegally, doesn't it? If illegal aliens are acting in violation of our laws, rules, etc., there is no reason why they should be rewarded with amnesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:00 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top