U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-23-2009, 09:37 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Reputation: 2983

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Whoopty doo! There were numerous court decisions prior to Brown v. Board of Education. However, to your utter dismay, this case is one of the foremost landmark cases in U.S. History. Iím sorry if the cases involving ďyour peopleĒ didnít earn the same level of distinction, but such is life.

A few court cases involving Mexican-Americans do not equate to a civil rights movement; and only in your most delusional fantastical world did Mexican-Americans launch a movement remotely equivalent to the magnitude of blacks during THE Civil Rights Movement.

I have told you before (repeatedly), and I reiterate -- this is NOT a competition between black and brown oppression. There is no comparison. I am well aware blacks were not the only group discriminated against in this country. However, during the last century, the bigotry and oppression against blacks in this country is unparalleled. I canít rewrite history -- it is what it is.

The Mexican-Americans of the past were decent, hardworking people. They were here for a better life, and they deserved the same rights and privileges as other Americans. They were humble, and very appreciative; unlike the ILLEGAL Mexicans who are arrogant ingrates, and are only here to take what they can. Herein lies the difference. I respect and applaud the efforts of the former; and I feel nothing but contempt for the latter.

Your indignation and hostility are sorely misplaced. You, and your ilk, in your inane quest to defend the lawlessness of Mexican illegal aliens, have sullied the good reputation of Mexican-Americans, and Hispanics in general. The damage may be irreparable. If you want to blame someone for the disdainful sentiment so prevalent today toward ďyour people,Ē you need only to look in the mirror. You SHOULD be angry. However, your anger should be directed inward. It is people like YOU who are the culprits, not those who oppose illegal immigration. YOU have created this monster. Now YOU must suffer the consequences. Sadly, other innocent people must also suffer.

I have many Mexican and Hispanic friends who do NOT share your point of view. They are disgusted with illegal immigration. Illegal immigration is destroying the image of Hispanics much like the ignorant miscreants who perpetually tarnish the image of Black America.

You can hurl insults at me until the cows come home. Sorry to disappoint you, but I wonít reciprocate. I realize spewing accusations of racism is truly your only recourse, given that you have nothing substantive to offer to rebut me or any other poster. Moreover, your derailment of each thread with your incessant injection of racism is truly growing tiresome.

By the way, isnít it YOU who kept claiming there is no tension between blacks and Hispanics -- itís only gang related?
"whew" !!! (gasp)....thanks !!

 
Old 02-23-2009, 09:49 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
"whew" !!! (gasp)....thanks !!
Ditto for your post!
 
Old 02-23-2009, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,897,766 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Whoopty doo! There were numerous court decisions prior to Brown v. Board of Education. However, to your utter dismay, this case is one of the foremost landmark cases in U.S. History. I’m sorry if the cases involving “your people” didn’t earn the same level of distinction, but such is life.

A few court cases involving Mexican-Americans do not equate to a civil rights movement; and only in your most delusional fantastical world did Mexican-Americans launch a movement remotely equivalent to the magnitude of blacks during THE Civil Rights Movement.

I have told you before (repeatedly), and I reiterate -- this is NOT a competition between black and brown oppression. There is no comparison. I am well aware blacks were not the only group discriminated against in this country. However, during the last century, the bigotry and oppression against blacks in this country is unparalleled. I can’t rewrite history -- it is what it is.

The Mexican-Americans of the past were decent, hardworking people. They were here for a better life, and they deserved the same rights and privileges as other Americans. They were humble, and very appreciative; unlike the ILLEGAL Mexicans who are arrogant ingrates, and are only here to take what they can. Herein lies the difference. I respect and applaud the efforts of the former; and I feel nothing but contempt for the latter.

Your indignation and hostility are sorely misplaced. You, and your ilk, in your inane quest to defend the lawlessness of Mexican illegal aliens, have sullied the good reputation of Mexican-Americans, and Hispanics in general. The damage may be irreparable. If you want to blame someone for the disdainful sentiment so prevalent today toward “your people,” you need only to look in the mirror. You SHOULD be angry. However, your anger should be directed inward. It is people like YOU who are the culprits, not those who oppose illegal immigration. YOU have created this monster. Now YOU must suffer the consequences. Sadly, other innocent people must also suffer.

I have many Mexican and Hispanic friends who do NOT share your point of view. They are disgusted with illegal immigration. Illegal immigration is destroying the image of Hispanics much like the ignorant miscreants who perpetually tarnish the image of Black America.

You can hurl insults at me until the cows come home. Sorry to disappoint you, but I won’t reciprocate. I realize spewing accusations of racism is truly your only recourse, given that you have nothing substantive to offer to rebut me or any other poster. Moreover, your derailment of each thread with your incessant injection of racism is truly growing tiresome.

By the way, isn’t it YOU who kept claiming there is no tension between blacks and Hispanics -- it’s only gang related?
There is no "competition of oppression", but it's incredibly offensive how you dismiss and even laugh at any contributions Chicanos have made to the civil rights movement.
There is definitely tension between the community regarding political issues. Mexicans preying on poor little innocent Black people? Nah.
And a lot of has to do with ignorance of people like you, that "me first! me only!" attitude.

You're trying to downplay the importance of the Mendez case, because it involved Mexicans. It's pretty funny to read.

You are completely ignorant to the Mexican-American history in this country. Your knowledge on Mexican-Americans in this country starts and stops at illegal immigration and crime.

Don't turn around and act like you are a friend of the Mexican-American people. Your smug attitude and eye-rolling and smirking says it all. The anti-illegal immigrant crowd isn't taken seriously because it attracts people like you. Big mouth idiots that rely on sensationalism, stereotypes, a fake struggle, and fearmongering. Sad pathetic with nothing better in life than to dwell on a problem that doesn't affect you as much as you act like it does. You guys talk on and on about MeCha and groups like them.....you guys are just like them! The extreme version of your side of the discussion!

You claim the image of Mexican-Americans has been "sullied". It hasn't! Just to morons like you with tunnel vision that would rather focus on a negative issue, than even entertain the though of recognizing some big contributions to the civil rights movement by anyone that wasn't Black!

There was also women, labor leaders, Mexican-Americans, Native Americans, Gays.
You say history is what it is. Yeah, because for a very long time, this was a Black-White country. In your brain, it still is. And to people like you, the millions and millions of Mexican-Americans are marginalized and unimportant, because their only issue and their only history to you involves illegal immigration.

You keep opening your mouth, but you STILL are clueless about what you're talking about.
I know plenty about the Black portion of the civil rights movement. That's what's taught in school. But I've educated myself on the Chicano and the Native American portions of that same civil rights movement. You don't know sh-- about it. Like I said, pick up a book and actually learn instead of relying on your overly inflated vocabulary to sound smart(failing horribly).
Why don't you try to study it before you dismiss it as being unimportant? Get your information from someone other than Jdubsmom and websites made by people with no life and an agenda.
 
Old 02-23-2009, 10:59 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
There is no "competition of oppression", but it's incredibly offensive how you dismiss and even laugh at any contributions Chicanos have made to the civil rights movement.
There is definitely tension between the community regarding political issues. Mexicans preying on poor little innocent Black people? Nah.
And a lot of has to do with ignorance of people like you, that "me first! me only!" attitude.

You're trying to downplay the importance of the Mendez case, because it involved Mexicans. It's pretty funny to read.

You are completely ignorant to the Mexican-American history in this country. Your knowledge on Mexican-Americans in this country starts and stops at illegal immigration and crime.

Don't turn around and act like you are a friend of the Mexican-American people. Your smug attitude and eye-rolling and smirking says it all. The anti-illegal immigrant crowd isn't taken seriously because it attracts people like you. Big mouth idiots that rely on sensationalism, stereotypes, a fake struggle, and fearmongering. Sad pathetic with nothing better in life than to dwell on a problem that doesn't affect you as much as you act like it does. You guys talk on and on about MeCha and groups like them.....you guys are just like them! The extreme version of your side of the discussion!

You claim the image of Mexican-Americans has been "sullied". It hasn't! Just to morons like you with tunnel vision that would rather focus on a negative issue, than even entertain the though of recognizing some big contributions to the civil rights movement by anyone that wasn't Black!

There was also women, labor leaders, Mexican-Americans, Native Americans, Gays.
You say history is what it is. Yeah, because for a very long time, this was a Black-White country. In your brain, it still is. And to people like you, the millions and millions of Mexican-Americans are marginalized and unimportant, because their only issue and their only history to you involves illegal immigration.

You keep opening your mouth, but you STILL are clueless about what you're talking about.
I know plenty about the Black portion of the civil rights movement. That's what's taught in school. But I've educated myself on the Chicano and the Native American portions of that same civil rights movement. You don't know sh-- about it. Like I said, pick up a book and actually learn instead of relying on your overly inflated vocabulary to sound smart(failing horribly).
Why don't you try to study it before you dismiss it as being unimportant? Get your information from someone other than Jdubsmom and websites made by people with no life and an agenda.
I think you have successfully proven my point. Also, you may want to watch those personal attacks. Remember, attack the issue, not the poster.

BTW, green isnít a good color for you.
 
Old 02-23-2009, 11:05 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,897,766 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I think you have successfully proven my point. Also, you may want to watch those personal attacks. Remember, attack the issue, not the poster.

BTW, green isn’t a good color for you.
Green? Is this a high school cafeteria bull session?
Lol, do your homework, Benicar. Do your homework instead of relying on the stupidest of sources.
Then get back to me. Don't be afraid to crack open a book. It won't bite you.
 
Old 02-23-2009, 11:05 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
There is no "competition of oppression", but it's incredibly offensive how you dismiss and even laugh at any contributions Chicanos have made to the civil rights movement.
There is definitely tension between the community regarding political issues. Mexicans preying on poor little innocent Black people? Nah.
And a lot of has to do with ignorance of people like you, that "me first! me only!" attitude.

You're trying to downplay the importance of the Mendez case, because it involved Mexicans. It's pretty funny to read.

You are completely ignorant to the Mexican-American history in this country. Your knowledge on Mexican-Americans in this country starts and stops at illegal immigration and crime.

Don't turn around and act like you are a friend of the Mexican-American people. Your smug attitude and eye-rolling and smirking says it all. The anti-illegal immigrant crowd isn't taken seriously because it attracts people like you. Big mouth idiots that rely on sensationalism, stereotypes, a fake struggle, and fearmongering. Sad pathetic with nothing better in life than to dwell on a problem that doesn't affect you as much as you act like it does. You guys talk on and on about MeCha and groups like them.....you guys are just like them! The extreme version of your side of the discussion!

You claim the image of Mexican-Americans has been "sullied". It hasn't! Just to morons like you with tunnel vision that would rather focus on a negative issue, than even entertain the though of recognizing some big contributions to the civil rights movement by anyone that wasn't Black!

There was also women, labor leaders, Mexican-Americans, Native Americans, Gays.
You say history is what it is. Yeah, because for a very long time, this was a Black-White country. In your brain, it still is. And to people like you, the millions and millions of Mexican-Americans are marginalized and unimportant, because their only issue and their only history to you involves illegal immigration.

You keep opening your mouth, but you STILL are clueless about what you're talking about.
I know plenty about the Black portion of the civil rights movement. That's what's taught in school. But I've educated myself on the Chicano and the Native American portions of that same civil rights movement. You don't know sh-- about it. Like I said, pick up a book and actually learn instead of relying on your overly inflated vocabulary to sound smart(failing horribly).
Why don't you try to study it before you dismiss it as being unimportant? Get your information from someone other than Jdubsmom and websites made by people with no life and an agenda.
Bottom line: if the USA is so hateful towards your 'brown' Hispanics--------why the hell do they keep trying to come here? Obviously; our 'racism' is not as bad as living in Mexico.
 
Old 02-23-2009, 11:07 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,897,766 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Bottom line: if the USA is so hateful towards your 'brown' Hispanics--------why the hell do they keep trying to come here? Obviously; our 'racism' is not as bad as living in Mexico.
When did I say the USA was? We ARE the USA.
No, just complete idiots that are on the fringe of society, with no political clout, and who are dismissed by normal Americans as extremists.
People walking around on street corners wearing sandwich boards, calling people "scumbags", making up lies and false accusations, and yacking it up on forums about how bad they have it, how they are losing their country, and anyone who doesn't agree with them is an illegal or unAmerican.
 
Old 02-23-2009, 11:20 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
green? Is this a high school cafeteria bull session?
Lol, do your homework, benicar. Do your homework instead of relying on the stupidest of sources.
Then get back to me. Don't be afraid to crack open a book. It won't bite you.
Quote:
One out of five Americans has an anger management problem. Anger is a natural human emotion and is nature's way of empowering us to "ward off" our perception of an attack or threat to our well being. The problem is not anger, the problem is the mismanagement of anger. Mismanaged anger and rage is the major cause of conflict in our personal and professional relationships.
Anger Management Techniques, Managing Anger, Anger Management from Leonard Ingram
 
Old 02-23-2009, 11:23 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,897,766 times
Reputation: 226
Good job researching. How about you use that effort to research what I was talking about?
And read about people using "misdirection" in arguments as well.
 
Old 02-23-2009, 11:57 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Good job researching. How about you use that effort to research what I was talking about?
And read about people using "misdirection" in arguments as well.
Do you tutor?

Can we discuss the OP, or will this be yet another hijacked thread? I will not respond to anymore of your comments on this thread, unless you discuss the topic. I donít have time for this nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top