U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 01:00 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,911,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Do you tutor?

Can we discuss the OP, or will this be yet another hijacked thread? I will not respond to anymore of your comments on this thread, unless you discuss the topic. I donít have time for this nonsense.
I'd be more than happy to "tutor" in what I was talking about.
But somehow, my mentioning of the Chicano civil rights era was laughed at, and got translated into your pissing match. It got directed to illegal aliens, me supposedly arguing who was more oppressed(????), a lot of words put in my mouth like usual. Oh well. I forget who I'm speaking with..the "immigration" forum. Big surprise.

Viva la raza y mi gente!

Old 02-23-2009, 01:37 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,681,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Viva la raza y mi gente!
Su raza Y su gente??....AMBOS ??

(PS...it's hardly surprising that "illegal immigrants" would be mentioned on an 'immigration' thread. There ARE several threads, elsewhere, dealing with 'racism', if indeed racism is the topic one wishes to discuss..)

Old 02-23-2009, 01:51 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,911,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Su raza Y su gente??....AMBOS ??

(PS...it's hardly surprising that "illegal immigrants" would be mentioned on an 'immigration' thread. There ARE several threads, elsewhere, dealing with 'racism', if indeed racism is the topic one wishes to discuss..)
Did I even bring up racism?
I brought up history of one of American's many groups, referred to them as my people, and when called out on it, I defended my sense of community by mentioning a couple relatively unknown contributions by Chicanos to the civil rights movement. A time when 'Mexicans' became Chicanos, and aknowledged their place in this country.

It all went downhill from there with snickering people disrespecting and dismissing any contributions by Chicanos to this country, sh-ttng on our sense of self and identity.
And of course the turn to illegals, since illegals are synonymous with Chicanos, apparently.

The pissing match, comparisons to Blacks, and discussion of racism wasn't started by me. But it definitely ended there, didn't it?

Old 02-23-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Did I even bring up racism?
I brought up history of one of American's many groups, referred to them as my people, and when called out on it, I defended my sense of community by mentioning a couple relatively unknown contributions by Chicanos to the civil rights movement. A time when 'Mexicans' became Chicanos, and aknowledged their place in this country.

It all went downhill from there with snickering people disrespecting and dismissing any contributions by Chicanos to this country, sh-ttng on our sense of self and identity.
And of course the turn to illegals, since illegals are synonymous with Chicanos, apparently.

The pissing match, comparisons to Blacks, and discussion of racism wasn't started by me. But it definitely ended there, didn't it?
OK....but as I said, if you're on THIS forum, the topic is immigration (i.e., illegals). Posts on this forum should try to have relevance to issues of illegal immigration..at least as much as possible.

There are SEVERAL threads going on the 'controversies' forum right now, concerning the civil rights struggle(s), racism, 'White privilege', profiling, etc. etc. If that's your interest, then that's the forum. That goes for ANYBODY...'illegal immigration' is not, nor should it be treated as a 'racial issue'..by either side.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:23 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,781,240 times
Quote:
Do you tutor?

Can we discuss the OP, or will this be yet another hijacked thread? I will not respond to anymore of your comments on this thread, unless you discuss the topic. I don’t have time for this nonsense.
The illegal alien apologists are becoming quite restless it appears......

.........as the tsunami of public opinion is growing against them.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The illegal alien apologists are becoming quite restless it appears......

.........as the tsunami of public opinion is growing against them.
English only on the forum, PLEASE...no need to complicate things by posting in Japanese...

Bon jour to you....

Old 02-23-2009, 03:38 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,723,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
OK....but as I said, if you're on THIS forum, the topic is immigration (i.e., illegals). Posts on this forum should try to have relevance to issues of illegal immigration..at least as much as possible.

There are SEVERAL threads going on the 'controversies' forum right now, concerning the civil rights struggle(s), racism, 'White privilege', profiling, etc. etc. If that's your interest, then that's the forum. That goes for ANYBODY...'illegal immigration' is not, nor should it be treated as a 'racial issue'..by either side.
If they don't have the race card to toss about, they've got nothing. There is no cohesive, substantial argument in favor of lawlessness.

I wouldn't expect it to go away--pro-illegal immigration advocates are engaged in a peg-leg argument and racism is that singular yet wobbly leg that they're standing on.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:47 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,895,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
If they don't have the race card to toss about, they've got nothing. There is no cohesive, substantial argument in favor of lawlessness.

I wouldn't expect it to go away--pro-illegal immigration advocates are engaged in a peg-leg argument and racism is that singular yet wobbly leg that they're standing on.
Absolutely! When the arsenal consists of nothing but personal attacks, it is a glaring indication of desperation, and a total lack of substance.

Old 02-23-2009, 04:31 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,939,815 times
Quote:
Absolutely! When the arsenal consists of nothing but personal attacks, it is a glaring indication of desperation, and a total lack of substance.
Agreed. However, my theory is that those of us who were personally attacked during that juvenile tirade were singled out because the stories and truths that we post obviously represent the greatest threat of publicly sabotaging their illegal alien agenda. Too bad it didn't come from a formidable opponent/source, otherwise, we could almost be flattered.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:28 AM
Yac

5,885 posts, read 6,334,543 times
So I take it everybody agreed to disagree somewhere between all these insults and off topic posts ? Good.
Thread closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or