Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 04:02 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times

Advertisements

What a load of crapola.

Quote:
Washington (CNSNews.com) – Americans are “not concerned” that they may lose jobs to illegal aliens in a tight job market, according to speakers at a panel discussion conducted Thursday in Washington, D.C., by the National Council of La Raza.

Simon Rosenberg, president and CEO of NDN – formerly the New Democrat Network -- said that Republicans are now “paying a steep price for demonizing Hispanics” in their “anti-immigration rhetoric” – rhetoric that he said created the “fear of losing jobs to undocumented immigrants of Americans.”
Moderator cut: shortened, copyright protection
CNSNews.com - La Raza: Losing Jobs to Illegals is 'Not a Concern' of Americans (http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=39335 - broken link)

Last edited by Yac; 02-09-2009 at 05:39 AM..

Old 02-06-2009, 04:14 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Can someone say delusional 'thinking'?

It is as if the pro illegal crowd are becoming truly desperate.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:32 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Can someone say delusional 'thinking'?

It is as if the pro illegal crowd are becoming truly desperate.
Indeed! Today they announced that 600K additional jobs were lost in the past month. Unemployment is soaring.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:48 PM

6 posts, read 10,021 times
I'd love for some of these La Racists to mention that to an unemployment center somewhere in the US.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:01 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
A good friend of mine is a roofer and he's EXTREMELY angry of the lack of work due competion to Illegal Aliens undercutting wages tied to the work available.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:37 AM

2 posts, read 4,182 times
Default La Raza: Losing Jobs to Illegals is 'Not a Concern' of Americans

Hi,

I'm new to this group but I wanted to share a phone number with you. It's ICE's number and you can contact them about illegals and their illegals employment, etc. I'm calling them for the first time today to report a suspicious house down the street from me. They make me nervous to even
walk through my own neighborhood. There are always different cars and some large trucks parked outside on any given day, blinds are always down, no women, children or pets are ever seen there. And when I walk by with my dog, they yell out to me in some language, guessing they are Brazilians and I know they are not saying nice things.

I contacted my local police but they will do nothing or rather can't. As a woman, they really make me question my safety.

Hope this helps and don't be afraid to speak out, know someone is hiring illegals, report that person. I'm tired of my town going to illegals and will be
trying different things to get them out.

Fed up!
Kim

Old 02-17-2009, 07:39 AM

2 posts, read 4,182 times
Default La Raza: Losing Jobs to Illegals is 'Not a Concern' of Americans

Whoops, got so upset I forgot the number!

1-866-DHS-2-ICE (1-866-347-2423).

Old 02-17-2009, 07:50 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Tell my family members formerly in the sign industry that illegal aliens did not undercut the production and installation job market, effectively closing the employment within that field to those for whom sign fabrication and installation was a trade learned at their father's and grandfather's knees (which it was for my family). A specialty trade to which they dedicated their lives to be the best in the business--now completely cut off from any employment opportunities in their field, thanks to the hiring of illegal alien workers--fabricating shoddy products--and dangerous installations (electrical fire anyone?) because you get what you pay for.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:25 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
I did see a ray of sunshine. They were ticketing people selling flowers illegally in many parts of the City. This directly undercuts the legit, tax paying flower shops. Evidently the ratio of apprehensions was also quite high. This is a valuable tool to be able to check a questionable business and make an arrest of it is possible.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:30 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I did see a ray of sunshine. They were ticketing people selling flowers illegally in many parts of the City. This directly undercuts the legit, tax paying flower shops. Evidently the ratio of apprehensions was also quite high. This is a valuable tool to be able to check a questionable business and make an arrest of it is possible.
Reading between the lines: it is as if stealth enforcement is being applied against the illegal aliens. Translation: as the screws are being tightened further and further---------more and more of those criminals will get the message and leave the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration