U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 10:18 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Ok, my repeated requests for ANY pro-illegal to provide just ONE cogent argument for illegal immigration and amnesty, have fallen on deaf ears. The usual pro-illegal inculcation of “they are only here seeking a better life” has no validity. Nor do the other ‘excuses’ for those who willfully and flagrantly violate our laws.

Ignore your emotions for a moment, and REALLY think about this issue objectively. C’mon, convince us anti’s why we are on the wrong side of this issue. There must be someone up to the task.

Please, let’s keep it civil.
Not even God himself could convince most of you that you are on the wrong side of the issue( Well, He can but most of yall would just ignore it). Judging from all the remarks so far, it is even pointless to try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 10:27 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Knight I really thought you would have posted some replies with substance. No aplphabet???

Old 02-07-2009, 10:29 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Not even God himself could convince most of you that you are on the wrong side of the issue( Well, He can but most of yall would just ignore it). Judging from all the remarks so far, it is even pointless to try.
Your inability to provide a valid argument is duly noted. Thanks for your participation.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:31 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,016,184 times
They are only here for a better life and will only do those menial low pay jobs americans are to fat, lazy dumb to do.

Why shouldnt we continue to bankrupt the country for the benefit of those not willing to solve their problems at home.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:37 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Your inability to provide a valid argument is duly noted. Thanks for your participation.
You confirmed what I suspected.

In all fairness: if we were discussing 300-500K illegal aliens, the economy was doing well and said illegals flew under the radar (no 'rights' marches, etc).........then there may be the possibility of a limited amnesty.

But; ca. 12 million of 'em coupled with their collective insolence are by themselves not acceptable.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Knight I really thought you would have posted some replies with substance. No aplphabet???
Just trying to keep up with the other substantive replies so far.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:50 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Knight if I understand your position it is:
If the illegal's only crime is wrongful entry and otherwise is a productive law abiding citizen we should find a way to legalize their status.
Is this assumption correct?
I further assume that you feel that deportation of the above is a waste of a good potential citizen.
You also feel that seperating families is wrong if the illegals only crime is wrongful entry?
Am I on the right page?
In a perfect world with no shortages of raw materials and wealth I would agree with you.
The issue at hand however, is that because they entered illegally we have no measure of their honesty what so ever. We have no measure of them other than they willfully disobeyed and ignored our laws that just or injust are our right to enforce.
Many many legal immigrants waited in line paid the fees and entered legally. Many of whome saved over the course of their lives so that they might enter honorably.
Those who cheated the system unfortunately have demonstrated that quite possibly they lack the moral fiber and character of anyone that I myself would want as an immigrant. Not unlike someone who enters your home uninvited. The least they can do is ring the door bell and wait for me to answer the door. The intruder might not steal anything, break anything and infact fix my dripping sink. They none the less are an intruder.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:51 AM

http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...migration.html

This is a good example of how this thread is going to end up.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:53 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Just trying to keep up with the other substantive replies so far.
Címon, the anti comments on this thread are simply idle chit chat while patiently awaiting an intelligent response from the other side. . . . like an appetizer before the main course. But then, you already know that.

You didn't even make an attempt.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:27 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
C’mon, the anti comments on this thread are simply idle chit chat while patiently awaiting an intelligent response from the other side. . . . like an appetizer before the main course. But then, you already know that.

You didn't even make an attempt.
Agreed. I have yet to hear a LEGITIMATE, reason for not enforcing the current laws on the books. Thus far, all I have read and heard are an abundance of LEGITIMATE reasons for attrition through enforcement, raids and deportations.

I would welcome the opportunity to have a civil discussion based upon any rational reason provided that would justify giving amnesty to 20 million illegal aliens whose net worth and positive contributions to date is ZERO in terms of financial, social, moral or ethical contributions to this country. Thus far their presence in the US has resulted in massive: crime rates, population explosion, budget deficits, overcrowding of hospitals, schools and jails; deterioration of neighborhoods and the depression of American wages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or