U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 08:17 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,828,771 times

Advertisements

Ok, my repeated requests for ANY pro-illegal to provide just ONE cogent argument for illegal immigration and amnesty, have fallen on deaf ears. The usual pro-illegal inculcation of “they are only here seeking a better life” has no validity. Nor do the other ‘excuses’ for those who willfully and flagrantly violate our laws.

Ignore your emotions for a moment, and REALLY think about this issue objectively. C’mon, convince us anti’s why we are on the wrong side of this issue. There must be someone up to the task.

Please, let’s keep it civil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 09:23 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,628,336 times
(ahem)...testing 1-2-3....am i on ?....ok..

"I think immigrants SHOULD be legalized because they're already HERE. I don't think ANY American, legal or NOT, should be kicked out of the country he's moved INTO. I don't think hard working people should be kept from working. I don't think racists should be making laws. I think we're ALL immigrants except the Indians, and they don't count. I think we're the richest country in the WORLD, and it's our duty to take people in (goodness knows, they've certainly taken US in)....and I think people who object to illegals do so for only ONE reason...they hate the Mexican race....if there were 20 million SWEDISH immigrants here, we'd be DELIGHTED. No human is illegal, and I don't want to pay $12 for a flat of strawberries and I like diversity...and Mexican cuisine beats the HELL out of McDonald's ANY day of la semana....I mean week"

there....how did i do? hope THAT gets the thread 'rolling'...

PS...we KNOW amnesty can work..it's worked BEAUTIFULLY a number of times in the past......and those who benefitted can't thank us ENOUGH !!!

Old 02-07-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
(ahem)...testing 1-2-3....am i on ?....ok..

"I think immigrants SHOULD be legalized because they're already HERE. I don't think ANY American, legal or NOT, should be kicked out of the country he's moved INTO. I don't think hard working people should be kept from working. I don't think racists should be making laws. I think we're ALL immigrants except the Indians, and they don't count. I think we're the richest country in the WORLD, and it's our duty to take people in (goodness knows, they've certainly taken US in)....and I think people who object to illegals do so for only ONE reason...they hate the Mexican race....if there were 20 million SWEDISH immigrants here, we'd be DELIGHTED. No human is illegal, and I don't want to pay $12 for a flat of strawberries and I like diversity...and Mexican cuisine beats the HELL out of McDonald's ANY day of la semana....I mean week"

there....how did i do? hope THAT get's the thread 'rolling'...
Obviously, there is no defense for the indefensible. The silence is confirmation.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:29 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,658,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Obviously, there is no defense for the indefensible. The silence is confirmation.
Indubitably.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You haven't been around many lawyers, I take it. ANYTHING is defensible...for a fee, payable in advance. The defensible is easy...the indefensible takes a little more money. Side issues help tremendously, too (race, guilt, etc) But there's NOTHING that's indefensible.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:38 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,906,149 times
Caution: Let's not hold our collective breath waiting for anything resembling a viable or legitimate response to the OP's inquiry.

I don't know about the rest of you but asphyxiation does not appeal to me in the least.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
You haven't been around many lawyers, I take it. ANYTHING is defensible...for a fee, payable in advance. The defensible is easy...the indefensible takes a little more money. Side issues help tremendously, too (race, guilt, etc) But there's NOTHING that's indefensible.
Unfortunately, I have been around too many lawyers; which is precisely why I couldn't be one. You're right; everything has a price in our corrupt, amoral society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Caution: Let's not hold our collective breath waiting for anything resembling a viable or legitimate response to the OP's inquiry.

I don't know about the rest of you but asphyxiation does not appeal to me in the least.
Count me out. If we held our breath, we would all be dead.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:00 AM

32,831 posts, read 30,118,328 times
Hmmm
No takers.........

I'll check back later

Old 02-07-2009, 11:04 AM

....(cough).....sniff......look at ceiling......(sigh)...

(waiting)

I have ONE thought, Benicar...maybe your WORDING is over the heads of some of us. Maybe NO ONE sees himself as an "illegal immigrant apologist", because so many people feel that "Being illegal is NOTHING to have to APOLOGIZE for.."....maybe. Otherwise, I can't explain the silence.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:08 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,906,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Hmmm
No takers.........

I'll check back later
Sorry Benicar but I'm with 1Angry on this one.

I have a feeling we could all check back in a week and we'd still be the only posters in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or