U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 03:04 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,831,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
well i didnt read anything specific about his plan in the article, but im sure it has ties to our existing trade treaties in [north]america.

im not so quick to shun his ideas, especially since we dont know what they really are just yet.

no need to spew some rhetoric about financial disasters and cess pools till i know more about this plan.

and a lot of the other posts...
"gringo wages", "mordita" what the hell is that?

while i agree that the US is over extended in some places, i dont think the best solution would be to severe ties or support for our neighbors to the north or the south.

that wont work. its just reactionary.
The Mx elite needs to pay its police, etc. the equivalent of $25K in US money vs. the ca. 6K a year that is paid which would eliminate most bribery. El Mordita: 'little bite'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 03:31 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,137,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The Mx elite needs to pay its police, etc. the equivalent of $25K in US money vs. the ca. 6K a year that is paid which would eliminate most bribery. El Mordita: 'little bite'.
oh, mordidita.

mordida is a bite. which is colloqually known as a bribe. a little bite would be "la mordidita".

and paying the cops more money would be good. but i think the cartels and the other puppeteers have deeper pockets.

but more changes are needed. MX has many many resources (which the US has exploited for years). Other american countires have turned away and begun to try and stand on their own. i think mexicos proximity to the US and willingness to bobo along for the US isolates it from the other countries around it.

either way its a heavy issue and no one single thing can turn that boat around. it will take quite a few changes.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:44 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,741,820 times
Quote:
oh, mordidita.

mordida is a bite. which is colloqually known as a bribe. a little bite would be "la mordidita".

and paying the cops more money would be good. but i think the cartels and the other puppeteers have deeper pockets.

but more changes are needed. MX has many many resources (which the US has exploited for years). Other american countires have turned away and begun to try and stand on their own. i think mexicos proximity to the US and willingness to bobo along for the US isolates it from the other countries around it.

either way its a heavy issue and no one single thing can turn that boat around. it will take quite a few changes.
What resources might this be?

Old 02-09-2009, 05:33 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,137,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
What resources might this be?
oil for one.
and a cheap labor force.

all the treaties helped the US more than MX. and when MX wanted to build a new port in rosarito, the US was against it. it would rival the LA/LB port.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:38 PM

384 posts, read 854,398 times
Mexico is the 2nd largest importer of oil to US. Where's all that money that we send them?

Old 02-09-2009, 05:45 PM

33,201 posts, read 30,500,170 times
Quote:
oil for one.
and a cheap labor force.

all the treaties helped the US more than MX. and when MX wanted to build a new port in rosarito, the US was against it. it would rival the LA/LB port.
Oil Companies are Companies not the US. Unless it's a Government run entity it can't be considered "United States". Companies in the oil industry are all over the World that have struck deals with the land owners in Mexico.

I have gas wells on my ranch and one of the Companies extracting the gas is based in Mexico but owned by a middle eastern business man. That doesn't mean Mexico is exploiting US land. I made a deal with that guy that owns the Company. Some oil Companies are Govt owned and some aren't. If anything Mexican govt owned oil is exploiting the Mexican land owners.

We have a choice to lease or not, I believe that doesn't normally work that way in other Countries.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:55 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,741,820 times
Quote:
oil for one.
Explain how the US purchasing oil from Mexico is 'exploiting' Mexico. Their oil does not do them any good sitting in the ground, now does it? Explain how paying them a fair price for their oil is 'exploiting' them.

Quote:
and a cheap labor force.
We do not exploit their cheap labor force who, by the way, are in the US illegally. They exploit the US taxpayer.

Quote:
Well then, I guess it would behoove Mexico not to sign these treaties if they help the US more than Mexico.
Aren't you the one who is always calling people 'ignorant'? Signing treaties that do not have any benefits for you in them is not real bright, now is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or