U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 08:25 PM

2,940 posts, read 6,975,142 times

Advertisements

I put on the news and keep hearing that businesses like home improvement and contractors are off quite a bit, yet I am still seeing plenty of illegal day laborers here on Long Island.
Sure when it's cold out things are much emptier, but when it gets warm, like today, they were out in droves, loitering and jamming up the buses.
Our local cable news outlet, News 12, is sympathetic toward illegals (so the rich elite that owns them can keep using 'em) was running a story the other day that they are having trouble getting "picked up" and some are considering going "home".
Then go home already!
I still think there's enough rich ppl here on LI that can afford to keep hiring contractors and landscapers, and I bet when spring comes it will once again be impossible to get on the bus and I'll be walking alot more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 08:31 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Let me see, free public school, public housing, wic cards, free lunches at school, welfare......hmmm

I've always said the draw isn't the jobs, it's the free stuff. Think about it, someone coming from peasantville, Mexico living in a card board hut with a dirt floor has what incentive to go back? No other Country offers the free stuff we do.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:44 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Let me see, free public school, public housing, wic cards, free lunches at school, welfare......hmmm

I've always said the draw isn't the jobs, it's the free stuff. Think about it, someone coming from peasantville, Mexico living in a card board hut with a dirt floor has what incentive to go back? No other Country offers the free stuff we do.
Just wanted to add: you forgot free healthcare, and section 8 housing . . . .

Old 02-07-2009, 11:07 PM

2,940 posts, read 6,975,142 times
I wish this recession would motivate people to force the govt to cut off all this free stuff for illegals, maybe then they'd go home!

Old 02-08-2009, 12:34 AM

2,477 posts, read 2,202,011 times
Its called...Everything free !

Cut off there funds and you'll see them leave.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:35 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
bek if its bad here its awful there.

Old 02-08-2009, 01:05 AM

9 posts, read 14,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Just wanted to add: you forgot free healthcare, and section 8 housing . . . .
They could never receive section 8 or any of the number of other welfare services you mentioned. They simply do not qualify because of their legal status. I can tell yall dont know what you're talking about.

Old 02-08-2009, 01:08 AM

9 posts, read 14,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Its called...Everything free !

Cut off there funds and you'll see them leave.
These people are survivors. Take all the funds away! It's not like they are taking much anyway. They will still find a way to survive here even if they stand at the corner of the street selling food.

Old 02-08-2009, 01:56 AM

6 posts, read 8,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzel View Post
They could never receive section 8 or any of the number of other welfare services you mentioned. They simply do not qualify because of their legal status. I can tell yall dont know what you're talking about.
Yes they can if the illegal parents start breeding who-knows-how-many anchor babies. Most of the time they don't just breed one they breed plenty in order to receive government funding as an added benefit.

Old 02-08-2009, 05:46 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherguy View Post
Yes they can if the illegal parents start breeding who-knows-how-many anchor babies. Most of the time they don't just breed one they breed plenty in order to receive government funding as an added benefit.
Bingo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration