Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 01:27 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TETLEY TEA! View Post
Ok folks ... I got red carded for disrespecting the U.S. President and I appollogise for it. If you look at all my other posts on immigration, I am all about respect. I say that word because I really believe it and mean it.
One thing about this country that has made it so great is that you have a right to disrespect the president. When you or I lose that right we will really be in trouble.

We only need to respect the office not the person that holds the office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2007, 01:29 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
Yes, and stunningly unbelievable words by Calderon and Bush. L.A. Times quote: "Calderon told Bush Tuesday that he could not win his war on drugs without reductions in U.S. "demand" for marijuana, cocaine, heroin and methamphetamine that move by the "ton" through his country!!" Bush on Wednesday acknowledged a responsibility "to convince people to use less drugs."!! What!? Just say No to drugs? People please un-addict yourselves?
Sounds like They need to speak to addiction scientists at our government labs. To reduce addiction to drugs, a new pharmaceutical treatment stalled in clinical trials needs to be rushed through, then treatment forced for all addicts...their minds are not in most cases, able to make the right decision.
Your so right here and until Mexico gets off their corrupt butts we can send them all the money and help create jobs still it would be the same. More money for the corrupt government of Mexico.

I can't believe Americans would buy dirt weed that they call marijuana from Mexico. If our government would take a serious look around the marijuana that the illegals are growing is here in our own land. Our land can produce a much better grade then their land can. They have found they don't have to transport it across the border so profits are up and we are helping them achieve their goals and corrupting America. We make it so easy to be illegal.

I don't think our government has any idea the danger and corruptness this brings since they don't have to live among the chaos or they must think they are safe in their Ivory Towers. What they don't realize is they are the ones their after and it's just a matter of time before one of these big cities are over run by the drug lords from Central America.

Old 03-17-2007, 07:00 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,986,901 times
It's a bit disingenuous for the President of Mexico to tell us how to run our borders. Calderon also intimated that he has undocumented relatives- illegal aliens from his own family - living and working illegally in America.
That the Mexican government publishes maps for their citizens to skirt American border patrol stations doesn't speak well for their sincerity either.
As for poverty in Mexico and jobs for Mexicans within Mexico...how the heck is that the problem or responsibility of Americans? C'mon.
I think the reason they are so worried about a fence and an Illegal crackdown is that the U.S. has served as a pressure valve for the Mexican people. If they couldn't send 10% to the U.S. illegally, they'd be home being discontent and force social unrest on the Mexican elite who've ignored them throughout Mexican history.
One way to look at lax enforcement at the border is that America basically underwrites Mexico's social inequalities by keeping the pressure off reform within.
If we tightened the border to the point few could get in and made employing them a jailed offense (it already is, but I mean enforcing the existing law), we'd see civil unrest in Mexico in months and probably some kind of citizen uprising which terrifies the Mexican elite.
So, is it more moral to allow them to come across the border unfettered and help maintain the existing corruption and inequalities in Mexico, or close off the option and force Mexico to reform from within?

Old 03-17-2007, 07:31 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,089,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
until Mexico gets off their corrupt butts we can send them all the money and help create jobs still it would be the same. More money for the corrupt government of Mexico.

I can't believe Americans would buy dirt weed that they call marijuana from Mexico. If our government would take a serious look around the marijuana that the illegals are growing is here in our own land. Our land can produce a much better grade then their land can. They have found they don't have to transport it across the border so profits are up and we are helping them achieve their goals and corrupting America. We make it so easy to be illegal.

I don't think our government has any idea the danger and corruptness this brings since they don't have to live among the chaos or they must think they are safe in their Ivory Towers. What they don't realize is they are the ones their after and it's just a matter of time before one of these big cities are over run by the drug lords from Central America.
Your words ring true. Ivory Towers Protection Syndrome, for now anyway. A city or area in Mexico was taken over just a few months ago and then the government took it back. Law enforcement is now trying to take down large number of gangs in all major big cities in U.S., these gangs deal drugs from S. America; cocaine/Columbia and methamphetamine/Mexico. Hope they get the marijuana here, all drugs and addictions are on a big increase. California was such a nice place to live till illegal immigration's impact made it not nice...as different as day vs night for many now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration