U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 12:29 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,066,563 times

Advertisements

my thoughts exactly.

thers gotta be some merit in this case.

i still think its a waste of time and money tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Hmm, blame the "perfect rule of law" system that you guys supposedly stand for that let this case get even this far. Anyone can file a lawsuit but it's up to the judges to allow it to go forward or dismiss it.

Once again, the anger is misplaced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 01:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,535 times
Just got home from work today. 90% of my co workers are Mexican. Most of them can not speak english and making $18.00 an hour. Still can not believe HR would hire someone that canot speak english. Is that enough to put up a red flag. Hey I am a illiegal alian. Love to put a American in there position. When I was hired most of the employees asked me how I was hired if I could not speak spanish. Did not answer but I was pissed. Any how the people I work with were talking about this case I did not believe it tell I just read it. Most of the employees if not all of them were celebrating at lunch, joking, and wondering what there next move would be. I can not tell you how pissed off I am. Illiegals are not just working in the fields anymore they have strait out taken alot of American jobs. People better open your eyes. This judje who did this is a yahoo

Old 02-10-2009, 02:43 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,789,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
my thoughts exactly.

thers gotta be some merit in this case.

i still think its a waste of time and money tho.
I also agree with that part.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Blacknight is right guys. The anger is misplaced. You should be angry at the judge for allowing the case, not at than those who came into this country in blatant disregard for sovereign U.S. law and who then got their panties in a wad when the property owner, whose land they used to illegally come into this country, objected to their trespassing and turned them over to Border Patrol at gunpoint.

You know we've been told time and time again--I'm not sure why we haven't really gotten it yet, but there is a rationalization for Blacknight's stance.

Illegal aliens have the mindset and the innocence of children. They are not responsible for their actions. Why, we all know that if the nasty, exploititive employers of the U.S. weren't dangling cash and prizes in front of the poor little illegals, inducing them to leave their glorious homeland for a life of indentured servitude in America, this would have never happened.

Remember, illegal aliens are unable to differentiate between right and wrong and therefore, are not culpable for their actions. They are not responsible for any "accidental" incidental criminal activity. It's all the fault of the U.S. government........
Blah, blah, blah...blame the judge who allowed the lawsuit to go forward.

Btw, i think this judge has a whole lot of experience in these matters than a bunch of forum posters don't you think?

Quote:

Federal officials are not liable for the deaths of 11 illegal aliens from dehydration in the Arizona desert, a judge has ruled, dismissing a case that a right-wing litigation group decried as a threat to border security.

The aliens were found dead in the Cabeza Prieta National Wildlife Refuge a month after the refuge's manager denied the request of an immigrant rights group for water drums to be installed there. They had walked within a mile of one of the water stations proposed by Humane Borders.

If that water station had existed, the aliens would not have died, their relatives alleged in a negligence suit. But U.S. District Judge John M. Roll in Tucson granted summary judgment to the government, finding that
Defendant owed no duty to affirmatively assist trespassers illegally crossing Cabeza Prieta in avoiding the obvious dangers of a hostile desert.

Judge Clears Feds in Illegals

Quote:
TUCSON , Ariz. —Former U.S. Border Patrol Agent Juan Luis Sanchez, 32, of Rio Rico, Ariz. , was sentenced today to 15 years in prison by Chief U.S. District Judge John M. Roll. Sanchez pleaded guilty on May 20, 2008 , to drug, bribery and worker's compensation fraud charges. Although Sanchez was sentenced separately for each count (15 years—drug charge, 15 years—bribery charge, and five years for the worker’s comp charge), the sentences will run concurrently for a total 15 years in federal prison

. Federal Bureau of Investigation - Phoenix Field Division - Department of Justice Press Release (http://phoenix.fbi.gov/dojpressrel/2009/ph010809a.htm - broken link)

Old 02-10-2009, 02:56 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,112,510 times
The man deserves an award for keeping 12,000 illegals out of the nation.

They should throw this case out of court.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:06 PM

Found this interesting tidbit about this rancher.

Quote:
Roll's ruling came on the heels of another judgment against Barnett in February 2008.

At that time, the Arizona Court of Appeals refused to throw out a jury verdict from November 2006 - and a nearly $100,000 monetary award - against Barnett in another civil case where a jury concluded he falsely imprisoned members of a Douglas family
Dice Discussions : Trial begins for rancher who detained ...

More from that story..

Quote:
According to court records and previous reports in the Herald/Review, Morales, a six-year U.S. Navy veteran, says he was on an excursion on Oct. 30, 2004, with his daughters Angelique and Venese; their grandfather, Arturo; and friend Emma English, when they were confronted by Barnett.

He says Barnett pointed an AR-15 assault rifle at him and the others and threatened to kill them if they did not leave his property.

He also alleges that Barnett used racist language during the confrontation, telling the party they were “just like their ignorant Mexican brothers.”
Quote:
Conlogue, however, noted that the group had been hunting, and hunters have rights to cross any property that is not explicitly signed as “no hunting.”
Local News : One charge dropped while others stand in civil suit against local rancher : Sierra Vista, AZ (http://www.svherald.com/articles/2006/04/11/local_news/news3.txt - broken link)

Old 02-10-2009, 03:11 PM

i had a feeling they would use kidnapping or false imprisonment.

it would serve him better to stay on the right side of the law if hes going to be a de facto BP.

keep your nose clean. i see why they are going forward with this case.

Quote:
Found this interesting tidbit about this rancher.

Dice Discussions : Trial begins for rancher who detained ...

More from that story..

Local News : One charge dropped while others stand in civil suit against local rancher : Sierra Vista, AZ (http://www.svherald.com/articles/2006/04/11/local_news/news3.txt - broken link)

Old 02-10-2009, 04:04 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i had a feeling they would use kidnapping or false imprisonment.

it would serve him better to stay on the right side of the law if hes going to be a de facto BP.

keep your nose clean. i see why they are going forward with this case.

In all fairness; wouldn’t he have to “hold” them until the BP arrived? If two men break into your house, and you pull a gun on them, and make them remain in your house until the cops come -- haven’t you ‘technically’ held them against their will? Wouldn’t they leave if they could?

Old 02-10-2009, 04:49 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times
Quote:
Blah, blah, blah...blame the judge who allowed the lawsuit to go forward.

Btw, i think this judge has a whole lot of experience in these matters than a bunch of forum posters don't you think?

Judge Clears Feds in Illegals

. Federal Bureau of Investigation - Phoenix Field Division - Department of Justice Press Release (http://phoenix.fbi.gov/dojpressrel/2009/ph010809a.htm - broken link)
Blah, blah, blah.

You are the King of Excuses for illegal alien behavior. There is never any sort of personal responsibility on the part of the lawbreakers--it is always someone else's fault, the government, the employers, the full moon on Monday....

Old 02-10-2009, 04:55 PM

im not saying i agree with this. but im sure there is more to the story. if i did catch a perp in my yard, i can hold them, but i cant torture them.

not saying thats what he did. but i think the treatment of the people he aprehended has a bit to do with it. it will all come out. but even if he is exonerated, he loses money, he loses sleep, he loses alot. and what can he do to get that back? go after the people who sued him?

its a sad case really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
In all fairness; wouldn’t he have to “hold” them until the BP arrived? If two men break into your house, and you pull a gun on them, and make them remain in your house until the cops come -- haven’t you ‘technically’ held them against their will? Wouldn’t they leave if they could?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or