Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 07:59 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times

Advertisements

Illegal aliens say that rancher's efforts to stop them from using his property to cross illegally into the United States violates their civil rights. The plantiff's trial is being handled by (who else) MALDEF.

Quote:
An Arizona man who has waged a 10-year campaign to stop a flood of illegal immigrants from crossing his property is being sued by 16 Mexican nationals who accuse him of conspiring to violate their civil rights when he stopped them at gunpoint on his ranch on the U.S.-Mexico border.

Roger Barnett, 64, began rounding up illegal immigrants in 1998 and turning them over to the U.S. Border Patrol, he said, after they destroyed his property, killed his calves and broke into his home.
Quote:
In March, U.S. District Judge John Roll rejected a motion by Mr. Barnett to have the charges dropped, ruling there was sufficient evidence to allow the matter to be presented to a jury. Mr. Barnett's attorney, David Hardy, had argued that illegal immigrants did not have the same rights as U.S. citizens.
Allowing that idiot to hear the plea was the first mistake.....

Quote:
Mr. Barnett told The Washington Times in a 2002 interview that he began rounding up illegal immigrants after they started to vandalize his property, northeast of Douglas along Arizona Highway 80. He said the immigrants tore up water pumps, killed calves, destroyed fences and gates, stole trucks and broke into his home.Some of his cattle died from ingesting the plastic bottles left behind by the immigrants, he said, adding that he installed a faucet on an 8,000-gallon water tank so the immigrants would stop damaging the tank to get water.

Mr. Barnett said some of the ranch´s established immigrant trails were littered with trash 10 inches deep, including human waste, used toilet paper, soiled diapers, cigarette packs, clothes, backpacks, empty 1-gallon water bottles, chewing-gum wrappers and aluminum foil - which supposedly is used to pack the drugs the immigrant smugglers give their "clients" to keep them running.
This is the absolute height of ignorance. I'm totally gobsmacked by the indifference to this man's property rights, civil rights, and human rights in the rush to pander to the poor illegal aliens whose "right" to trespass, destroy private property, and annilihate an eco-system has been challenged by someone who refuses to roll over and let them do so.

Washington Times - 16 illegals sue Arizona rancher

Last edited by Kele; 02-09-2009 at 08:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 08:25 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,495 times
Quote:
Mr. Barnett told The Washington Times in a 2002 interview that he began rounding up illegal immigrants after they started to vandalize his property, northeast of Douglas along Arizona Highway 80. He said the immigrants tore up water pumps, killed calves, destroyed fences and gates, stole trucks and broke into his home.Some of his cattle died from ingesting the plastic bottles left behind by the immigrants, he said, adding that he installed a faucet on an 8,000-gallon water tank so the immigrants would stop damaging the tank to get water.

Mr. Barnett said some of the ranch´s established immigrant trails were littered with trash 10 inches deep, including human waste, used toilet paper, soiled diapers, cigarette packs, clothes, backpacks, empty 1-gallon water bottles, chewing-gum wrappers and aluminum foil - which supposedly is used to pack the drugs the immigrant smugglers give their "clients" to keep them running.
Well! I have no idea what this guy is so upset about, do you? After all, these uninvited and unwanted 'guests' and are only here to do the jobs Americans won't do (which presumably include littering on a monumental scale and killing livestock). Besides, the gringo stole their land! Why would he even think of trying to stop them? Surely he is aware that the laws that apply to the rest of us do not apply to them.
I know! He must be.................A RACIST!!

Old 02-09-2009, 08:33 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Anyone on the proillegal side like to comment on how this is even remotely fair? Blacknight? Antialphabet? Anyone?

Old 02-09-2009, 09:22 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Leaving aside the illegals for just a moment..(remember, they don't 'get it', and aren't responsible), it might be well to remember that some American lawyer decided to take this case; some American court clerk decided it was OK to file the paperwork; and some American judge decided the case had enough merit to put it on his court calendar. THAT'S what I find truly upsetting. ALL of these Americans have a certain amount of discretion built into their job descriptions, and SOMEBODY, at some point along the line, COULD have just tossed this whole silly thing out as a "frivilous lawsuit" unworthy of the court's attention. But they didn't.

The illegals? They're acting on instinct. Coming from a place where the law is basically a "joke", from THEIR point of view, the open border is nothing more than an 'invitation', and the ability cross it with impunity, and to THEN file a lawsuit here, is nothing more than a 'winning lottery ticket'. I doubt they give it much more thought. The people I'm REALLY angry at are their "enablers", as stated above.

By the way, I wonder how these illegals ever got the idea that the law is a "joke"?...hmmm....imagine that..

Old 02-09-2009, 09:46 AM

50,276 posts, read 47,032,885 times
established immigrant trails were littered with trash 10 inches deep, including human waste, used toilet paper, soiled diapers, cigarette packs, clothes, backpacks, empty 1-gallon water bottles, chewing-gum wrappers and aluminum foil - which supposedly is used to pack the drugs the immigrant smugglers give their "clients" to keep them running.

If you want to see this first hand you can see it about anywhere near the border. The Pacific Coast Trail looks more like a subway path close to the border with all the garbage being left behind.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:05 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
This case should be entered into the archives under the “judicial travesty” category. At this rate, we won’t be allowed to prevent an illegal alien from entering our homes and sitting down at our table a dinnertime. This is beyond absurd.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:19 AM

50,276 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Illegal aliens say that rancher's efforts to stop them from using his property to cross illegally into the United States violates their civil rights. The plantiff's trial is being handled by (who else) MALDEF.

Allowing that idiot to hear the plea was the first mistake.....

This is the absolute height of ignorance. I'm totally gobsmacked by the indifference to this man's property rights, civil rights, and human rights in the rush to pander to the poor illegal aliens whose "right" to trespass, destroy private property, and annilihate an eco-system has been challenged by someone who refuses to roll over and let them do so.

Washington Times - 16 illegals sue Arizona rancher

That comic would be oh so much more funny if it wasn't true.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:45 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Maybe someone should point out that illegal aliens have no "Civil rights". That only applies to LEGAL AMERICANS! This is just as absurd as Bill Clinton trying to hide behind the "Soldiers and Sailors relief act" to get out of a sexual harrasment suit.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:05 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,664,460 times
this seems like a waste of time and money.

its his land. his domain.
sure he cant imprison or hold people hostage, but in this case they were trespassing.

what civil rights were trqampled? maybe they are charging him with kidnapping? i dont know. but there has to be a reason this has gone so far.

its a bit scary when you think of it. up to what point can we protect our home? (and by home i am referring to my land, my property)

tho details are not fully disclosed i will stay on homeboys side of the story here.
he might come out victorious...

might.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:55 PM

350 posts, read 1,117,544 times
I couldn't believe this article when I read it. We need a bunch more just like him. You'd think word would've gotten out to avoid his ranch considering he's rounded up some 28,000 illegals over the past 10 years. Today I am officially depressed over the state of our country and our legal system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration