Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 01:02 PM

101 posts, read 162,844 times

Advertisements

Walking on the street, two middle class looking whites walked by me and said : "Why are you Chinese taking our jobs away? Go home."

I didn't say anything and just ignored them.

Today I found out that an amendment was attached to the Stimulus Bill: "For two years, banks receiving bailout money can only hire foreigners (non citizens or greencard holders) if they have not laid off a us worker 3 months before, and cannot lay off any us worker 3 months after."

Soon, this restriction will be placed on other sectors too.

Sigh, very hard to get a job as a foreigner in the us now, protectoinist and anti-Immigrant policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 01:11 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Are you a citizen or working on a Visa?

Old 02-09-2009, 01:13 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,790,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saobi View Post
Sigh, very hard to get a job as a foreigner in the us now, protectoinist and anti-Immigrant policies.
Before you complain about the US, perhaps you could tell us how our laws stack up against US residents moving to your country.

I am a student, but if i graduate and want to work in America, i must have a company sponsor visa.

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Well....this IS the USA and any government programs should benefit US citizens first and foremost.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:14 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
well people are still very ignorant.

innocent bystanders sometimes get caught up in that.

watch out for some of that ignorance here.

Quote:
Walking on the street, two middle class looking whites walked by me and said : "Why are you Chinese taking our jobs away? Go home."

Today I found out that an amendment was attached to the Stimulus Bill: "For two years, banks receiving bailout money can only hire foreigners (non citizens or greencard holders) if they have not laid off a us worker 3 months before, and cannot lay off any us worker 3 months after."

Old 02-09-2009, 01:15 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,992,205 times
Quote:

Try being a U.S. citizen getting a job in a foreign country(legally). It isn't going to happen unless you have a masters or phd in an in-demand field. Sorry to hear you ran into some jerks.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:18 PM

What if a non-citizen contributes more to the us economy (paying higher taxes, working in a high tech field, studying engineering/science, etc) than a citizen?

Old 02-09-2009, 01:20 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
What if a non-citizen contributes more to the us economy (paying higher taxes, working in a high tech field, studying engineering/science, etc) than a citizen?
They made the choice of coming here,it would seem to me to be fine to make such people pay for the privilege....

Old 02-09-2009, 01:21 PM

Much easier for US resident to get a job and stay in China these days. The gov't of China goes out of its way to accomodate skilled professional working in China. In supermarkets, department stores, movie theaters, if you are a foreign skilled professional, you get to stand in a separate, faster line. Regular citzens, taxi drivers, neighbors are much nicer to you on the streets. If you go to any gov't office for any paper work, your status as a foreigner working in china means two people would serve you and expedite your case faster.

Just ask those English teachers in China, most of them love it there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration