U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 11:49 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,822,205 times

Advertisements

I certainly feel compassion for these refugees, and can appreciate their dilemma. I respect them for entering this country through legal channels, and for abiding by our criminal and tax laws. Under different circumstances, I would welcome them with open arms. However, they knew from the beginning they would be “temporary” residents of this country.

Temporary asylum is granted for the purpose of providing a safe haven until conditions improve in their home country. Liberia is no longer in the throes of a civil war, and their lives would no longer be in jeopardy if they returned. Therefore, their refugee status is aptly being terminated.

The family does not have to be separated, because their children can accompany them back to Liberia. If they want to return here as adults, they have that option. Once there, they may opt to remain there with their parents and other relatives. They may even fare better living in Liberia than here. Who knows?

Old 02-12-2009, 12:57 PM

291 posts, read 353,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
"On Tupero Road they had a killing field. Like every day they took someone to this field and they would just shoot them in front of everybody. It was just terrible," he said. He came to the United States in 1992 and settled in Rhode Island. A civil engineer by education, Akoiwala married and had three children, all of whom are American citizens.

For the past 17 years he's worked, paid his taxes and contributed to his community. He and his wife were granted temporary protection status but now both face deportation. On March 31 they will go from being legal residents to illegal aliens.

Liberians facing mass deportation from U.S. - CNN.com

Just as illegal means illegal, temporary is just that, temporary. Hopefully she will take her children with her. They can come back when they are of legal age and can provide and make decisions for themselves. When will they stop bringing children into the instability and chaos of their lives? Not only is it selfish and unfair to the children, it's just dead wrong.
But if they Love the USA and want to apply for citizenship then do so 17 years ? pay your way and wait just like everyone else has done that is here legally. Stop the whining and do what is right. the entitlement has to end.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:27 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,901,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I certainly feel compassion for these refugees, and can appreciate their dilemma. I respect them for entering this country through legal channels, and for abiding by our criminal and tax laws. Under different circumstances, I would welcome them with open arms. However, they knew from the beginning they would be “temporary” residents of this country.

Temporary asylum is granted for the purpose of providing a safe haven until conditions improve in their home country. Liberia is no longer in the throes of a civil war, and their lives would no longer be in jeopardy if they returned. Therefore, their refugee status is aptly being terminated.

The family does not have to be separated, because their children can accompany them back to Liberia. If they want to return here as adults, they have that option. Once there, they may opt to remain there with their parents and other relatives. They may even fare better living in Liberia than here. Who knows?
Agreed. Illegals and their enablers really need to stop using that tired line of bull as well as the rest of them.

At the very least LaRaza needs to explain to them that their chants of: "racists, don't separate our familias, and they're just here doing the jobs Americans won't do," have no validity because every single one of them have repeatedly been debunked.

There is nothing left on the drawing board for them to go back to. Simply put it's time for them to go home, demand jobs and freebies from their own government and the oligarchies who owe them a decent life, we don't and are not willing or able to continue to babysit mexico and any other 3rd world properties masquerading as legitimate countries. The party in America courtesy of our tax dollars is over.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 02-12-2009 at 05:46 PM..

Old 02-12-2009, 06:00 PM

281 posts, read 384,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
If the US were under attack...and it very well could come to that....I wouldn't sneak into Canada. I'd take my guns and bullets and fight.

Would you? Or would you be hiding in Canada watching your country be plundered?
I would do whatever it takes to keep my family safe and if that means fleeing to Canada to stop them from being murdered, so be it. You can stay and watch your family get killed because you want to play Rambo.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:06 PM

8,240 posts, read 14,905,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
I would do whatever it takes to keep my family safe and if that means fleeing to Canada to stop them from being murdered, so be it. You can stay and watch your family get killed because you want to play Rambo.
Not Rambo. More like patriot. Go to Canada. We don't need Americans like you. Here for Starbucks, the Superbowl and Target...gone when times get tough. Bye.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:06 PM

32,823 posts, read 30,075,350 times
Quote:

And years after the war is over you should do the right thing and go back to your home Country. The law says so.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:11 PM

281 posts, read 384,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Not Rambo. More like patriot. Go to Canada. We don't need Americans like you. Here for Starbucks, the Superbowl and Target...gone when times get tough. Bye.
I hope your wife and kids don't read your posts, basically telling them they can just go die. They should give you the father of the year award.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:11 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,794,116 times
Quote:
What a joke you are.
Meet the faux "patriotism" on this board.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:13 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,901,976 times
Default Liberian Gov’t Holds Talks With US To Prevent Deportation of Liberians

For the past 17 years he's worked, paid his taxes and contributed to his community. He and his wife were granted temporary protection status but now both face deportation. On March 31 they will go from being legal residents to illegal aliens.

"My fear is, who am I going to leave my kids with?" he said. "Who am I going to leave them with? I want to stay here and see them grow up to be responsible citizens and then I can go back."

http://www.theliberianjournal.com/in...mesOfTheHome=1

Liberians facing mass deportation from U.S. - CNN.com

Here we go. For anyone who thinks that foreigners don't deliberately give birth on American soil to use their children as chattel. I'm sure it never occurs to those who breed for the soul purpose of "ownership" that it's not about them.

Nobody is stopping any of them from taking their children with them.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:42 AM

8,240 posts, read 14,905,680 times
Quote:
I hope your wife and kids don't read your posts, basically telling them they can just go die. They should give you the father of the year award.
Can you read? mimiMOMx3?
My HUSBAND and I both teach our kids that there are some things you defend, you don't turn tail and run. This is OUR country and we'll fight for it. How sad to teach your kids any different- that's no different than the millions of illegal aliens who are here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration