U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 05:54 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,901,976 times

Advertisements

"On Tupero Road they had a killing field. Like every day they took someone to this field and they would just shoot them in front of everybody. It was just terrible," he said. He came to the United States in 1992 and settled in Rhode Island. A civil engineer by education, Akoiwala married and had three children, all of whom are American citizens.

For the past 17 years he's worked, paid his taxes and contributed to his community. He and his wife were granted temporary protection status but now both face deportation. On March 31 they will go from being legal residents to illegal aliens.

Liberians facing mass deportation from U.S. - CNN.com

Just as illegal means illegal, temporary is just that, temporary. Hopefully she will take her children with her. They can come back when they are of legal age and can provide and make decisions for themselves. When will they stop bringing children into the instability and chaos of their lives? Not only is it selfish and unfair to the children, it's just dead wrong.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 02-09-2009 at 06:07 PM..

Old 02-09-2009, 06:09 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
"On Tupero Road they had a killing field. Like every day they took someone to this field and they would just shoot them in front of everybody. It was just terrible," he said. He came to the United States in 1992 and settled in Rhode Island. A civil engineer by education, Akoiwala married and had three children, all of whom are American citizens.

For the past 17 years he's worked, paid his taxes and contributed to his community. He and his wife were granted temporary protection status but now both face deportation. On March 31 they will go from being legal residents to illegal aliens.

Liberians facing mass deportation from U.S. - CNN.com

Just as illegal means illegal, temporary is just that, temporary. Hopefully she will take her children with her. They can come back when they are of legal age and can provide and make decisions for themselves. When will they stop bringing children into the instability and chaos of their lives? Not only is it selfish and unfair to the children, it's just dead wrong.
What bugs me about that mess is it sounds to me that the parents were here as political refugees............

Old 02-09-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
What bugs me about that mess is it sounds to me that the parents were here as political refugees............
They were. It was temporary, which means their time is up. I can't imagine having temporary status in a country and deliberately bringing children into my instability. While I feel bad for the children, if they are angry, at the end of the day, they like the DREAMies have only their parents to blame.

The laws are in place for a reason. Until these people stop assuming that having babies on American soil will give them a free pass to citizenship, then they and their children will continue to suffer the consequences of their irresponsible, devious, and selfish behavior.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 02-09-2009 at 06:49 PM..

Old 02-09-2009, 07:47 PM

32,823 posts, read 30,075,350 times
I think there were many avenues that could have been pursued to a legal means here but none were taken until it was too late?

Old 02-09-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I think there were many avenues that could have been pursued to a legal means here but none were taken until it was too late?
Maybe before the economy dropped below sea level, but not now. Millions of Americans have lost their jobs, foreclosure rates are skyrocketing and thus there are very few taxpayers.

Think about it this way. No money to pay property taxes; people aren't shopping, thus no sales taxes; corporations are downsizing or completely going under means no corporate taxes or revenue. At the rate things are going it won't be long until unemployment, welfare and every other safety net comes to a complete halt.

The states (especially the sanctuary states) are limping along in the throws of bankruptcy. It appears that Obama has quietly ordered the emptying of jails, stepped up deportation and I predict next will be reduction of the welfare rolls.

For those who are here illegally, the party really is over and there won't be another one for a very long time.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:32 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Maybe before the economy dropped below sea level, but not now. Millions of Americans have lost their jobs, foreclosure rates are skyrocketing and thus there are very few taxpayers.

Think about it this way. No money to pay property taxes; people aren't shopping, thus no sales taxes; corporations are downsizing or completely going under means no corporate taxes or revenue. At the rate things are going it won't be long until unemployment, welfare and every other safety net comes to a complete halt.

The states (especially the sanctuary states) are limping along in the throws of bankruptcy. It appears that Obama has quietly ordered the emptying of jails, stepped up deportation and I predict next will be reduction of the welfare rolls.

For those who are here illegally, the party really is over and there won't be another one for a very long time.
Hence quite a few of the illegal alien apologists here either starting to 'see the light' or becoming more and more insulting as public opinion hardens.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:52 PM

3,277 posts, read 4,495,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I think there were many avenues that could have been pursued to a legal means here...
No, there weren't.
Quote:
In addition, he wants a change in the rule that prohibits those on the temporary protection status classification from applying for citizenship.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:00 AM

8,240 posts, read 14,905,680 times
Ask American revolutionaries what it was like to fight the British, to live in the cold and famine. Ask what it was like to fight family in the Civil War. To live in the Dust Bowl. To fight for a union against the robber barons. Then take that information and determination, go back to Liberia, China, Cuba and Mexico and pick up a gun, a stick or a rock and fight the powers that be for your country.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:13 PM

3,277 posts, read 4,495,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Ask American revolutionaries what it was like to fight the British, to live in the cold and famine. Ask what it was like to fight family in the Civil War. To live in the Dust Bowl. To fight for a union against the robber barons. Then take that information and determination, go back to Liberia, China, Cuba and Mexico and pick up a gun, a stick or a rock and fight the powers that be for your country.
Comparing those conflicts then, in one part of the world, to these conflicts now, in another part of the world, is folly. You should really educate yourself on the nature of it before saying such things.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:22 PM

8,240 posts, read 14,905,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Comparing those conflicts then, in one part of the world, to these conflicts now, in another part of the world, is folly. You should really educate yourself on the nature of it before saying such things.
I'm very well educated, thank you.
Why is it folly? I would say it was WORSE back then because we didn't have an international media that could bring attention to conflicts and raise money and weapons for groups.
It's not folly. Stay and fight for your freedom and your country, don't run away and then complain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration