U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 07:56 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,874,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountianboomer View Post
I beg to differ also. It's made up of certain personalities that - because of their views,education, upbringing, value system - are socially stunted. This leads to 'wanna be' syndrome, which equals 'losers' - They should join our Department of Defense in some capacity and help out our children in the military now instead of faking patriotism.
I believe your post to be total opposite of the truth. The minutemen in this country are true and smart Americans who have good values from good families and want to protect and save our country. No one would think they are pretending to be patriotic, how absurd. Many Minutemen are middle aged and older. They have not become a lynching mob as you said, they are dignified and protest peacefully without violence, though they have been attacked by the opposition. The minutemen are courageous to do what other Americans want to do but haven't the time and even the courage to do, get out there and march and protect our borders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2007, 11:25 AM

238 posts, read 131,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
You need another name, there are no mountains in Irving or even any near there.

You're right...Las Colinas (little hills), but mountian is purposely mispelled and the lizard's MountainBoomers were common here in this GREAT state.

...I'm going to blame the illegals - yea that's it, poor MountainBoomers, there are less and less of 'em.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
I believe your post to be total opposite of the truth. The minutemen in this country are true and smart Americans who have good values from good families and want to protect and save our country. No one would think they are pretending to be patriotic, how absurd. Many Minutemen are middle aged and older. They have not become a lynching mob as you said, they are dignified and protest peacefully without violence, though they have been attacked by the opposition. The minutemen are courageous to do what other Americans want to do but haven't the time and even the courage to do, get out there and march and protect our borders.
That's how the KKK started ' good families, good values, protecting the American way of life...' don't take my word for it - research that fraternity's roots.

Old 03-22-2007, 04:45 PM

173 posts, read 371,932 times
Quote:
That's how the KKK started ' good families, good values, protecting the American way of life...' don't take my word for it - research that fraternity's roots.
mountianboomer,

I have read some of your other posts, in addition to this one. Let me put it politely......I happen to KNOW that you are FLAT OUT wrong about the Minutemen.

What are you trying to do, discredit good citizens? What is your purpose?

It is bad enough that our government backs the illegal aliens, without our citizens making false accusations against the Minutemen who are trying against all odds to help save this country!

Old 03-22-2007, 04:54 PM

911 posts, read 3,197,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
Media tries soooo hard in L.A. to make a case for illegals, and is so against citizens who are anti-illegal.

The day after the Swift meat packing co. raid, on TV news in the afternoon was the L.A. legislature all standing in an official room with the U.S. flag stating, "We are making this a day of the immigrant and calling this a day for immigrants to be treated fairly. No unfair treatment of any immigrant will be tolerated." This was brief and showed how angry L.A. county was with the raid. It was surreal, like the Twilight Zone.

Yesterday on the news it said that there is a growing 'anti-illegal' sentiment among white supremists, showing a couple people and child walking in a park.
Nothing wrong had happened and no further explanation. This is the first time I've heard the word anti-illegal on the news. It is so politically incorrect. You see, only white supremists could possibly be anti-illegal!
Sad, Sad, Sad.
Sick, Sick,Sick....
That is what they want us to believe.
Some won;t believe until the Mexican flag if flying over CA and the entire Southwest...

Old 03-25-2007, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryPie View Post
mountianboomer,

I have read some of your other posts, in addition to this one. Let me put it politely......I happen to KNOW that you are FLAT OUT wrong about the Minutemen.

What are you trying to do, discredit good citizens? What is your purpose?

It is bad enough that our government backs the illegal aliens, without our citizens making false accusations against the Minutemen who are trying against all odds to help save this country!
S&^%up!
Generations of military service men and women (my family included) have fought for those kind of groups to express their view, as well as your views.

I'm going to express mine also - you can agree/disagree, that's about all you can do!

Also - compare the roots of the KKK to the present day minutemen, facts don't lie.

Last edited by mountianboomer; 03-25-2007 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 03-25-2007, 09:52 PM

1,431 posts, read 3,570,540 times
Quote:
S&^%up!
Generations of military service men and women (my family included) have fought for those kind of groups to express their view, as well as your views.

I'm going to express mine also - you can agree/disagree, that's about all you can do!

Also - compare the roots of the KKK to the present day minutemen, facts don't lie.
The point of trying to compare KKK to any other organization is stupid. I could find similarities of the beginings La Raza, Nation of Islam and the KKK. Whats your point? Your only defense of any posts that I have read of yours is to attempt to accuse someone of being a racist or bigot.

You do not provide any support for any of your arguements, and offer no explanation of any of your views, and do not post any sources for any of the "information" you post. What 'facts dont lie?' Post a source where you are getting this information.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:33 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times
Quote:
S&^%up!

Please explain to me the similarities between this multi-ethnic organization (The Minutemen) and the KKK.

Minuteman SOP

1. Minutemen are courteous to everyone with whom they come into contact, and never discriminate against anyone for any reason.
2. Minutemen do not respond to any taunts or harassment from outside agitators, and must never be present for duty or serve in any capacity if intoxicated.
3. Minutemen Observe, Report,Record, and Direct Border Patrol or other appropriate emergency or law enforcement agencies to suspected Illegal Aliens or Illegal Activities.
4. Minutemen do not verbally contact, physically gesture to or have any form of communications with suspected Illegal Aliens.
5. Minutemen follow the Standard Operating Procedures to the letter and spirit.
6. Minutemen follow all federal, state and local laws, understanding that we are being held to a higher standard by all.
7. Minutemen understand that, while our actions cannot stop illegal activities along the border, we can change world perception and national thought concerning Homeland and Border Security.
8. Minutemen monitor their behavior, the behavior of the people around them and the group as a whole to ensure compliance with the SOP and any instruction given by Minuteman Corps Leadership.
9. Minutemen leave no garbage behind and follow strict pack-in / pack-out procedures.
10. Minutemen respect the property rights of everyone, start no fires, never drive off road, and follow the directions of all law enforcement personnel.

Minutemen and women are Americans of every hue, ethnicity, creed, and belief. The KKK is a bunch of bigoted, hatemongering warts in the evolutionary chain. I'm sorry, but the similarities evade me.

Oh wait, I thought of one. The Minutemen and the KKK are comprised of bipedal homo sapien sapiens.

The similarities end there.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:13 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,708,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Please explain to me the similarities between this multi-ethnic organization (The Minutemen) and the KKK.
They are both carbon-based life forms.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
The point of trying to compare KKK to any other organization is stupid. I could find similarities of the beginings La Raza, Nation of Islam and the KKK. Whats your point? Your only defense of any posts that I have read of yours is to attempt to accuse someone of being a racist or bigot.

You do not provide any support for any of your arguements, and offer no explanation of any of your views, and do not post any sources for any of the "information" you post. What 'facts dont lie?' Post a source where you are getting this information.

That's your loss superstar, if you can't comprehend a post or deduct the main point,why would I want to carry on dialogue with you?

- When facts are ingrained in U.S History, you want support? That's called being lazy for not confirming your doubts or suspicions - Look at the beginning of the Fraternity you know as the Klu Klux Klan (compare) - if you don't know how to gather informatiion - do what the elementary school kids do ' use google'.

And whether or not you're a racist - matters to no one, you probably don't contribute to society as a whole anyway - just your little circle. There's a whole world that exists, and you are but a little grain of sand (as am I), don't act like you're God's gift to mankind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or