Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 12:21 PM

35 posts, read 205,574 times

Advertisements

Isn't the whole "illegal immigrant" thing a matter of who got here first? The only race of people who were NOT immigrants at some point were the American Indians. They were here before Columbus came and ran them off their own land. Then the Pilgrims and Puritans showed up and forced everyone to learn English, and called anyone who wasn't a Christian a heathen. So, what right do we have to keep out the Mexican immigrants? Sure, the cities are becoming overcrowded, but that will change when people figure out: "Oh, we don't have to stay in California, we can move somewhere else". Every influx of immigrants has suffered some resentment at some point, from the Irish to the Chinese, etc. Remember the Chinese Exclusion Act? America was trying to keep them out, too. But they're here now and no one complains about "too many Asians". The Latinos are just the latest influx of immigrants. This too shall pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 01:20 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,084,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountianboomer View Post
That's your loss superstar, if you can't comprehend a post or deduct the main point,why would I want to carry on dialogue with you?

- When facts are ingrained in U.S History, you want support? That's called being lazy for not confirming your doubts or suspicions - Look at the beginning of the Fraternity you know as the Klu Klux Klan (compare) - if you don't know how to gather informatiion - do what the elementary school kids do ' use google'.

And whether or not you're a racist - matters to no one, you probably don't contribute to society as a whole anyway - just your little circle. There's a whole world that exists, and you are but a little grain of sand (as am I), don't act like you're God's gift to mankind.

You still fail to show me where you are getting your information from. I can gather information just fine, but perhaps you can show me atleast a (unbiased) link to a website where it shows a correlation between the minuteman and the KKK.

I actually have contributed back to our society since I served 4 years active duty in the Marines rather recently, and now serve in the reserves . Maybe it doesnt mean much to you. Not to mention I served with people of all races and shared rooms and lived with people of all different races probably more than most people ever will.

Old 03-26-2007, 02:52 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
You still fail to show me where you are getting your information from. I can gather information just fine, but perhaps you can show me atleast a (unbiased) link to a website where it shows a correlation between the minuteman and the KKK.

I actually have contributed back to our society since I served 4 years active duty in the Marines rather recently, and now serve in the reserves . Maybe it doesnt mean much to you. Not to mention I served with people of all races and shared rooms and lived with people of all different races probably more than most people ever will.
I for one, am grateful for your service to this country.

Thank you.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:03 PM

238 posts, read 179,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post

'fist-bump' you're 'A' team. We both served, lot's of friends come and gone, some still paying the price of service.

But, I'm not catching you up bro, just disagree with me, it's cool !

Old 03-27-2007, 06:49 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,728,669 times
Keep it civil guys or the thread will be closed.
Yac.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:34 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,089,156 times
Quote:
That's how the KKK started ' good families, good values, protecting the American way of life...' don't take my word for it - research that fraternity's roots.
So you clearly are saying the minutemen have good families and good values, protecting the American way of life. But to side step the minutemen you suddenly speak of the KKK of the past who you say started out with these same good values. NO! The kkk compromised their values when they went after the blacks. There were problems with slavery and control of the slaves/blacks and the kkk with other Americans solved it with fighting the blacks. That period of our history is ended and over. For you to relate kkk with minutemen shows that you either are either anti-american or you are young ...listening to the wrong teachers perhaps.

Last edited by faith10; 03-31-2007 at 09:53 PM..

Old 03-31-2007, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
Isn't the whole "illegal immigrant" thing a matter of who got here first? The only race of people who were NOT immigrants at some point were the American Indians. They were here before Columbus came and ran them off their own land. Then the Pilgrims and Puritans showed up and forced everyone to learn English, and called anyone who wasn't a Christian a heathen. So, what right do we have to keep out the Mexican immigrants? Sure, the cities are becoming overcrowded, but that will change when people figure out: "Oh, we don't have to stay in California, we can move somewhere else". Every influx of immigrants has suffered some resentment at some point, from the Irish to the Chinese, etc. Remember the Chinese Exclusion Act? America was trying to keep them out, too. But they're here now and no one complains about "too many Asians". The Latinos are just the latest influx of immigrants. This too shall pass.
Sorry, but the American Indians were definitely immigrants, too. They came from other areas just as we all did. There was an earlier European people that were in America long before the Indians...it's proven. With DNA "The migration of man" from Africa has been proved. Man went from Africa to Australia, then to Asia, then to Middle East and India, then to Siberia (the che-Chese?) where these raindeer herders are living still today in freezing weather. Then part of the Che-Chese's went to Europe/North America, and the other part (only 8 to 10 people) went to populate all of So. America and hispanic countries.

In this day and age, illegal immigration is a big thing because our very country is going down the drain and a part of it is with the problems many of these immigrants are bringing; Mainly a sky high cost of living putting us out of our homes, and a lowering of wages due to employers causing us to compete with illegals and immigrants for jobs. Then comes the great tax burdens for the high crime, high welfare costs, high eductation, high medical, etc.....that illegals/immigrants have caused.

Last edited by faith10; 03-31-2007 at 10:10 PM..

Old 03-31-2007, 10:03 PM

Quote:
That's your loss superstar, if you can't comprehend a post or deduct the main point,why would I want to carry on dialogue with you?

- When facts are ingrained in U.S History, you want support? That's called being lazy for not confirming your doubts or suspicions - Look at the beginning of the Fraternity you know as the Klu Klux Klan (compare) - if you don't know how to gather informatiion - do what the elementary school kids do ' use google'.

And whether or not you're a racist - matters to no one, you probably don't contribute to society as a whole anyway - just your little circle. There's a whole world that exists, and you are but a little grain of sand (as am I), don't act like you're God's gift to mankind.
This post says a lot about who is writing, and to pick on a person who is intelligent and does so much for others is so wrong.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:11 PM

Quote:
'fist-bump' you're 'A' team. We both served, lot's of friends come and gone, some still paying the price of service.

But, I'm not catching you up bro, just disagree with me, it's cool !
This post also says a lot about who is writing.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:14 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,434,765 times
The problem we have is with "today" and there are too many who are in poverty, homeless, wars we do not need and more on the way and then the homeless and then add illegals to the pot, this will surely ruin our country, just watch. Very sad but GW and a great many others who are on both sides of the imaginary fence here ...has really ruined things they are ALL responsible for what had happened here.

The Indians were victims too, many had their land stolen or bought off and then were subjected to poverty but lets be careful here cause almost all of us had to deal with hardships but we did not come here and relied on welfare to carry us through, our forefathers worked day and night to build America and now its just bout done in. Pretty much ruined now, just a matter of time now. If we get into another a war and we will here, we will be in a bad postion for another country to invade us, many I know believe this is the endtimes description in the bible, I do believe it cause of what is in there has already happened to the T here, but I think man wrote it and then made it come true and will blame it on the devil, but that is another matter here. Won't go into it here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration