U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 05:49 AM

140 posts, read 487,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post

In this day and age, illegal immigration is a big thing because our very country is going down the drain and a part of it is with the problems many of these immigrants are bringing; Mainly a sky high cost of living putting us out of our homes, and a lowering of wages due to employers causing us to compete with illegals and immigrants for jobs. Then comes the great tax burdens for the high crime, high welfare costs, high eductation, high medical, etc.....that illegals/immigrants have caused.
The same thing was said about the Irish, the Chinese, Italians, etc. and any other group of immigrants that stepped off Ellis island. There was no welfare and they worked from nothing, but people still complained that they brought crime, disease, loss of jobs, etc.
And you don't know how many times I have heard "these are the end times". These times are no different than they were the last time someone shouted that phrase. The only difference is that we have more technology with which to destroy each other. We are simply repeating history because once again, we refuse to learn from our past. I think I will read some history books now. I'm seeing a lot of parallels here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2007, 09:14 AM

1,229 posts, read 3,102,442 times
No there are no paralles here except maybe that we all came from somewhere different and certain groups did not get along well, at first and maybe still don't, but that is the not issue here, immigration is great, I mean we have tons of ethic resteraunts to enjoy cause of that, and I am glad we have all kinds of different people in the USA to bring different things to the table, but what concerns most people in the US is that some come here to get on welfare, have six kids, not work, and come with bad intentions, I mean after all that did come ILLEGALLY, right?

I am sure most welcome those who came like our ancestors did, who worked hard, and made our country what it is today, no one in their right mind would diss any immigrant who came to make our country better, I say bring more in who will better our country, but what most here are saying and a few seem to not understand here, is that those who came in sneaking, do not have good intentions, they are trouble and they are ruining our country.

That is my take on it, for what its worth here.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:54 AM

238 posts, read 131,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
This post also says a lot about who is writing.

Hello faith10,

I don't live by your standards, but I'd like know why you think that your standards are better? I mean with responses like the one above or why you would respond in that condescending manner?

If I hadn't responded - would you have felt 'superior' ? "final answer"

In any case, - whether or not I agree - you have the right to post or say what you want. (do you deduct anything from this statement about the writer?)

Old 04-02-2007, 08:40 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,102,442 times
AMEN to faith10...AMEN Sista!

Old 04-03-2007, 08:02 AM

1,247 posts, read 658,885 times
There is quite a bit of difference between the current Mexican invasion and the waves of Irish, Chinese, etc. First of all, Mexicans don't have to sail across an ocean to get here. Distance was a limiting factor. That limiting factor does not exist, now. Secondly, Mexicans are not bothering to learn English. With no other immigrant invasion was there ever a push to change our language. We didn't have to learn Chinese when the Chinese came over. We didn't have to learn Italian when the Italians came over. We didn't have to learn German when the Germans came over. But when the Mexicans sneak in, we have to learn Spanish.

So yes, it's quite different.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:22 AM

140 posts, read 487,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
There is quite a bit of difference between the current Mexican invasion and the waves of Irish, Chinese, etc. First of all, Mexicans don't have to sail across an ocean to get here. Distance was a limiting factor. That limiting factor does not exist, now. Secondly, Mexicans are not bothering to learn English. With no other immigrant invasion was there ever a push to change our language. We didn't have to learn Chinese when the Chinese came over. We didn't have to learn Italian when the Italians came over. We didn't have to learn German when the Germans came over. But when the Mexicans sneak in, we have to learn Spanish.

So yes, it's quite different.

I see your point. Well said.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:58 AM

Your tantrums don't help; bashing our government doesn't help; this forum doesn't help;

Bashing the 'sub-humans' makes bigots feel better; bashing the 'sub-humans' under the cloak of authority justifies your selfish behavior.

All is lost - get ya'lls (_!_) back to wherever White Anglo utopia is.

There's a new beginning about to happen for some and the end of life about to happen for others.

What? you didn't get that Email?

Old 04-03-2007, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPaNative View Post
AMEN to faith10...AMEN Sista!
12/12/2012....better be saying Amen

Old 04-03-2007, 10:17 AM

1,247 posts, read 658,885 times
Whereever there is prosperity, there will be people that try to leech off of it.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:37 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,874,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPaNative View Post
The problem we have is with "today" and there are too many who are in poverty, homeless, wars we do not need and more on the way and then the homeless and then add illegals to the pot, this will surely ruin our country, just watch. Very sad but GW and a great many others who are on both sides of the imaginary fence here ...has really ruined things they are ALL responsible for what had happened here.

The Indians were victims too, many had their land stolen or bought off and then were subjected to poverty but lets be careful here cause almost all of us had to deal with hardships but we did not come here and relied on welfare to carry us through, our forefathers worked day and night to build America and now its just bout done in. Pretty much ruined now, just a matter of time now. If we get into another a war and we will here, we will be in a bad postion for another country to invade us, many I know believe this is the endtimes description in the bible, I do believe it cause of what is in there has already happened to the T here, but I think man wrote it and then made it come true and will blame it on the devil, but that is another matter here. Won't go into it here.
Great post PghPA, good analogy of the facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or