U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 05:21 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,874,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountianboomer View Post
Hello faith10,

I don't live by your standards, but I'd like know why you think that your standards are better? I mean with responses like the one above or why you would respond in that condescending manner?

If I hadn't responded - would you have felt 'superior' ? "final answer"

In any case, - whether or not I agree - you have the right to post or say what you want. (do you deduct anything from this statement about the writer?)
I apologize, standards are to each where they were formed and yours are different than perhaps many. The bashing of Minutemen is uncalled for but some do not understand what this group is about and your insulting their character said things about you IMO. Feeling superior? no, it's not a need for many people, thankfully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2007, 05:33 PM

Default 12/12/2012?

Quote:
12/12/2012....better be saying Amen
What's this date mean 12/12/2012...? Sounds important.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:59 AM

238 posts, read 131,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
I apologize, standards are to each where they were formed and yours are different than perhaps many. The bashing of Minutemen is uncalled for but some do not understand what this group is about and your insulting their character said things about you IMO. Feeling superior? no, it's not a need for many people, thankfully.

Bashing of anyone is insulting - same with the people you and others seem to insult, bash, de-humanize, label, etc...on this forum (pilgrims from Mexico), and your feelings are so ingrained, that you attempt to justify them under various veils.

Thank you for your input, I remain highly skeptical about these groups (minutemen), as should you.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:01 AM

Quote:
What's this date mean 12/12/2012...? Sounds important.
New beginning for some, end for others.

I'm smiling as I type this...some sort of prediction, dunno if it's AZTEC or MAYAN. Who knows?

Old 04-09-2007, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Bashing of anyone is insulting - same with the people you and others seem to insult, bash, de-humanize, label, etc...on this forum (pilgrims from Mexico), and your feelings are so ingrained, that you attempt to justify them under various veils.

Thank you for your input, I remain highly skeptical about these groups (minutemen), as should you.
Just remember one thing, if you are left without anything but a car one day due to illegals raising cost of living sky high and lowering the wages...then you will understand. Keep in mind the phrase 'third world country'.

Old 04-10-2007, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Just remember one thing, if you are left without anything but a car one day due to illegals raising cost of living sky high and lowering the wages...then you will understand. Keep in mind the phrase 'third world country'.

Definitely keep in mind...there but for the Grace of God go I.

Not hung up on materials things such as cars and stuff. I do not take the things that made us evolve for granted either , (shelter, food, socialization, religion, warmth, etc...)

If I had just started noticing the influx of people from other countries - I would probably be making the snap judgments and posting remarks without
insight into history, but this is not new.

Having been a victim of negative ideals during elementary school, cub scout, boy scout, little league, football, high school, military and college years - has made me a product of this environment. For over 50 years - been trying to give the benefit of the doubt to those who were guilty of this negative effect - by turning the other cheek. But there are a few with diarrhea of the keyboard (mouth) who are trying to wake the sleeping giant.

So what you ask? Well, it won't be the cost of living that has you concerned.
Evolution? survival of the fittest? Harmony disrupted? I don't know, but I'm ready for a new beginning, are you?

just a little Texas Love.

Old 04-10-2007, 04:02 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times
Quote:
Definitely keep in mind...there but for the Grace of God go I.

Not hung up on materials things such as cars and stuff. I do not take the things that made us evolve for granted either , (shelter, food, socialization, religion, warmth, etc...)

If I had just started noticing the influx of people from other countries - I would probably be making the snap judgments and posting remarks without
insight into history, but this is not new.

Having been a victim of negative ideals during elementary school, cub scout, boy scout, little league, football, high school, military and college years - has made me a product of this environment. For over 50 years - been trying to give the benefit of the doubt to those who were guilty of this negative effect - by turning the other cheek. But there are a few with diarrhea of the keyboard (mouth) who are trying to wake the sleeping giant.

So what you ask? Well, it won't be the cost of living that has you concerned.
Evolution? survival of the fittest? Harmony disrupted? I don't know, but I'm ready for a new beginning, are you?

just a little Texas Love.
Having lived in Texas for 24 years, I find your definition of l"Texas love" fluctuates greatly from the definition I came to understand after nearly a quarter of a century of living in the great state of Texas.

However, it's reassuring to note that many folks in Texas don't share your ideology. I would venture that most of them are firm believers in the Second Amendment to the Constitution as well.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Having lived in Texas for 24 years, I find your definition of l"Texas love" fluctuates greatly from the definition I came to understand after nearly a quarter of a century of living in the great state of Texas.

However, it's reassuring to note that many folks in Texas don't share your ideology. I would venture that most of them are firm believers in the Second Amendment to the Constitution as well.
True Texans helped shape my ideology...it's easy to 'monday morning quarterback' after your 25 years...there's probalbly more folks that you did not meet - then you did meet - and believe me we, as Texans, will always (regardless of race, color, creed, social standing, financial strength) defend our Constitution.

2nd amendment tidbits...

Abrazos from Texas.

""The People"
Regarding the meaning of "the People", the U.S. Supreme Court stated in United States v. Verdugo-Urquidez, 494 U.S. 259 (1990),[34]

and

For a more recent judicial interpretation, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit stated in 2001 that

"there are numerous instances of the phrase "bear arms" being used to describe a civilian's carrying of arms. Early constitutional provisions or declarations of rights in at least some ten different states speak of the right of the "people" [or "citizen" or "citizens"] "to bear arms in defense of themselves [or "himself"] and the state", or equivalent words, thus indisputably reflecting that under common usage "bear arms" was in no sense restricted to bearing arms in military service"

Old 04-11-2007, 12:29 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,489,946 times
boomer, I was born in north Texas, does that make me a true Texan ?

And,

"the People"

doesn't that go.....

"We the people of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect union"...

Did you read anything in there about We the people of Mexico?

Last edited by texanborn; 04-11-2007 at 12:44 PM..

Old 04-11-2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
boomer, I was born in north Texas, does that make me a true Texan ?

laughing...you know the racist comments on how to become a true Texan right? Some of my best friends are Racists.

you were born here, but do you embrace the the attitudes of independent individuals? does your soul belong to the outdoors? do you believe in the Holy Trinity? do you believe that "he climbs the highest who helps another up?",

If you answered yes...to any one of the above questions, you have passed the initial screening.

Do you consider yourself a True Texan?
If you answered yes...then who am I to argue?

abrazos and luv from Tejas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or