U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 01:47 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,492,966 times

Advertisements

I've tried to leave a couple of times but always came home. I missed all that Texas is. That's a true Texan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 02:19 PM

238 posts, read 132,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
boomer, I was born in north Texas, does that make me a true Texan ?

And,

"the People"

doesn't that go.....

"We the people of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect union"...

Did you read anything in there about We the people of Mexico?
Why did you have to go there for...did I mention our neighbors in any of my previous post to you? WASSUP with that? You don't like mescans - who cares? what does that have to do with my response to you? Nuthin! but you've gotta say something - huh.

Come on Tejano, thought you were on the 'A' team.

Muncho luv from Texas...

Old 04-11-2007, 05:09 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,698,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountianboomer View Post
True Texans helped shape my ideology...it's easy to 'monday morning quarterback' after your 25 years...there's probalbly more folks that you did not meet - then you did meet - and believe me we, as Texans, will always (regardless of race, color, creed, social standing, financial strength) defend our Constitution.

2nd amendment tidbits...

Abrazos from Texas.

""The People"
Regarding the meaning of "the People", the U.S. Supreme Court stated in United States v. Verdugo-Urquidez, 494 U.S. 259 (1990),[34]

and

For a more recent judicial interpretation, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit stated in 2001 that

"there are numerous instances of the phrase "bear arms" being used to describe a civilian's carrying of arms. Early constitutional provisions or declarations of rights in at least some ten different states speak of the right of the "people" [or "citizen" or "citizens"] "to bear arms in defense of themselves [or "himself"] and the state", or equivalent words, thus indisputably reflecting that under common usage "bear arms" was in no sense restricted to bearing arms in military service"
Gee thanks. You know, perhaps you can explain the rest of them thar 'mendments to me.

:::Shaking my head in disbelief::::

Old 04-11-2007, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Why did you have to go there for...did I mention our neighbors in any of my previous post to you? WASSUP with that? You don't like mescans - who cares? what does that have to do with my response to you? Nuthin! but you've gotta say something - huh.

Come on Tejano, thought you were on the 'A' team.

Muncho luv from Texas...
"the People" was something you wrote, not me.......just was trying to point out how you and others like to take words out of context to make it sound like the meaning you want it to have.

And no I have nothing against Mexicans.....or anyone else.....just don't like the idea of this country being invaded with us being unable to fire a shot heard around the world again !

Old 04-12-2007, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
"the People" was something you wrote, not me.......just was trying to point out how you and others like to take words out of context to make it sound like the meaning you want it to have.

And no I have nothing against Mexicans.....or anyone else.....just don't like the idea of this country being invaded with us being unable to fire a shot heard around the world again !
Dude, when it's in quotes ("the People"), nevermind...

It's obvious you didn't process the info, read it...it's not the wording that's important - you're getting obsolete dude..,

Old 04-12-2007, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Gee thanks. You know, perhaps you can explain the rest of them thar 'mendments to me.

:::Shaking my head in disbelief::::

don't have time; ask your husband/spouse/significant other for permission to do your own research.

:::gagging with laughter:::

Old 04-12-2007, 04:08 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,698,843 times
Quote:
don't have time; ask your husband/spouse/significant other for permission to do your own research.

:::gagging with laughter:::
Why should I bother anyone else? You seem to be the one with all of the answers.

"gagging with laughter?" nice verb usage there mb.

Old 04-14-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Dude, when it's in quotes ("the People"), nevermind...

It's obvious you didn't process the info, read it...it's not the wording that's important - you're getting obsolete dude..,
I fully understand "the People" means... It's taken out of context to change the meaning of what is really written as liberals as yourself seem to do alot of (take things out of context) to change the meaning of something to fit the way you liberals want it to be but it isn't !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or