U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 05:43 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Did anyone notice the very racist attitudes expressed in that article?

""When my dad was admitted to an El Paso hospital, they assigned us a nurse that we at first thought was Mexican and would be somebody we could talk to, but she was from the Philippines and didn't speak Spanish," Leticia Salas for her part told Efe."

Bring dad over for his free American health care but insist that the nurses attending him be of the correct race or ethnic background.

Imagine American citizens demanding a nurse or doctor be assigned to them based on ethnic background?? Mexicans are extremely racist, at least the ones coming here for their government handouts and free American taxpayer provided health care. Imagine going into a hospital and if white demanding that only white nurses be provided you.
And: what is weird; both Mexico and the Philippines were originally Spanish colonies. Had the USA not conquered the latter nation---------it would be counted as 'Hispanic' since Spanish would have survived. Amazing what 40 odd years does to a place (1898-1946).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 12:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,024 times
hello
i have to say it's all about the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aoubt 8-10 new nurses that i work with are in this profession because of the money, they don't have to be good at what they do, because hospitals make money on warm body's that take care of pt. the problem is not nursing facilities, or unemployment. the problem is, we live in a society that everything is giving to us and we don't have to worry about it, like a reservation for indians when they where wipe out (food stamps, housing, umemployment, free daycare, free rent or half rent off) i think we are in the same boat jaja. is a rough profession from putting up with pt. and their stupid family members that all of sudden became doctors. and the middle management that kisses administration ass for their slice of the pie,
Through the years, we go to school to work less and make more, i think those days are over, and people are not use to them.
( an army hospital opened numerous position to the public, and all of our nurse left, more pay, less work and they still threat their soilders like ****, government contracts, wow, i was teaching how to start iv on soilders for $$ through out a contract. if he really want's to stop the spending and fix some problems is never going to happen, their's to many people involve, just like in mexico, stop the war on drugs, well the people from the us to stop killing people on this side of the river, and stop using it, it will never stop. so people don't be hater and let the people who really want to work the opportunity to do , don't be afraid there are plenty of jobs out there for everyone the matter is do you really want to get your ass to work

Old 10-14-2009, 08:31 PM

23,618 posts, read 31,183,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Well honey, I do. And I'll tell you why. We currently have a shortage of RNs in the US. This shortage is not due to the fact that no one wants to be an RN. The main problem is a serious shortage of faculty, educators who are qualified to instruct students who want to be RNs. Qualified applicants, Americans and legal residents, who want to work in the field are turned away because programs can only accept so many students. Since we are unable to provide training to Americans and legal residents who want to be nurses, explain to me why we should be offering nurse's training, this scarce resource, to citizens of Mexico? Does that make any sense to you (it probably does)? Why turn away an American who wants to be a nurse and let someone who is not a citizen into the nursing program?
I agree with this. It is very difficult to get into most nursing programs and most of them are extremely competitive. There is no shortage of American citizens wanting to become nurses; spending money on training foreign nurses is a slap in the face to all aspiring American nurses who have the grades and pre-requisites, but who are languishing on waiting lists waiting to train for their careers. It is unacceptable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or