U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 05:47 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,643,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK SAWYER View Post
the key word is illegally during those times it was not illegal but now it is!that's the diffrence it was once legal to use certain drugs but now it is not,AGAINST THE LAW WE CAN NOT BREAK THEM ARE CHANGE THEM!It is bringing our country down we can not take care of the people thats here legal let alone free loaders!laws have changed in the past 200 years!
Try again:

If nothing else; we are in a deep recession and it is past time for those illegal alien criminals to leave the USA then apply for admission like potential legal immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
And these children of illegal aliens, as you call them, will pay for your social security where you grow old.
Flip side: if the USA is such a crippled society that we need Anchor Babies to support us-------------we do not deserve to exist as a nation.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:46 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,714,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
And these children of illegal aliens, as you call them, will pay for your social security where you grow old.
Since we will be paying for all the government benefits they and their familia will no doubt require all their lives, that seems like a fair deal to me.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:20 AM

2,464 posts, read 5,690,275 times
My answers in bold... inside/outside CLTKing's quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
Come on folks, let's get some intelligent conversation here, not the typical "send them back" response. Why do you believe that his people come here? I think they come here for jobs because Mexico has a staggeringly high unemployment rate and the uneducated probably have an easier time getting a job here than their homeland.

Does it hurt you personally that they don't have an education? No, but I live amongst society and I believe an uneducated population hurts society (whether illegal or not) because there's so much ignorance involved w/ being uneducated... and ignorance is costly.

What do you think should be done with illegal kids that want an education in our US universities, are willing to pay for it, but can't get in because they are illegal citizens? Well, that's a complicated issue, to me. If an illegal kid has been in this country for a certain number of years then I don't think he/she should necessarily be denied higher education but it should be w/o government financial assistance (if that's possible, maybe they can pay out-of-state/international tuition rates). They also should be in a "tiered" admission system... say, U.S. Citizens get first priority to admission, legal international students second, and illegals third. Basically, if there's two student applicants with the same qualifications except one is illegal and one is not, then I think it should go to the U.S. citizen. That way they still have a chance to attend school w/o government assistance nor denying them outright. After all, more than likely they will be here for the rest of their remaining lives and why keep them down because what their parents did? But they shouldn't get the same exact benefits of citizens because unless they do something about their citizenship, they are still illegal.

Do think it is fair to "discriminate" ( and I am using the term loosely) against a student that wants to better himself and maybe give back to the community where he is illegal? Let's get some brain storming on.
I think we would benefit if our population was educated to the highest degree, but I'd be willing to discriminate when it comes to funding that education and admissions. The reasoning behind this, we have limited resources as it is and citizens as well as legal immigrants should always be in front of the people who try to cut in line.

With that, there's so many things I don't like about Mexican illegal immigrants and their effect on my country (specifically, California). Although they contribute to our economy (both good and bad), they are certainly a drain on our resources and bring down the quality of life in the areas that they reside... primarily due to their lack of education (in their own country and ours). However, I think many of the 1st generation children born here to illegal parents are wonderful people (and Americanized).

Anyway, this is just my opinion for what it's worth.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:45 PM

485 posts, read 903,933 times
Default don't forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
My answers in bold... inside/outside CLTKing's quote

I think we would benefit if our population was educated to the highest degree, but I'd be willing to discriminate when it comes to funding that education and admissions. The reasoning behind this, we have limited resources as it is and citizens as well as legal immigrants should always be in front of the people who try to cut in line.

With that, there's so many things I don't like about Mexican illegal immigrants and their effect on my country (specifically, California). Although they contribute to our economy (both good and bad), they are certainly a drain on our resources and bring down the quality of life in the areas that they reside... primarily due to their lack of education (in their own country and ours). However, I think many of the 1st generation children born here to illegal parents are wonderful people (and Americanized).

Anyway, this is just my opinion for what it's worth.
don't forget free health care that we have to pay for,i was born and raised in our country and when i take my children to the hospital i have to pay!

Old 03-07-2009, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK SAWYER View Post
don't forget free health care that we have to pay for,i was born and raised in our country and when i take my children to the hospital i have to pay!
As you stated...............

Old 03-07-2009, 10:37 PM

Default thans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
As you stated...............
thanks sometimes i repeat myself especialy this time of year when i am getting readt to cut a fat tax check to support the freeloader,the money i pay in ishouldn't have to depend on illegals paying my social security!it should be taken care of thank you for the pop shot just the same!

Old 03-08-2009, 08:07 PM

Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Flip side: if the USA is such a crippled society that we need Anchor Babies to support us-------------we do not deserve to exist as a nation.
if we do not deserve to be a nation why does so many people want to move to this undeserving nation?and who does deserve it? because we are fighting back against criminals coming to our country you think we are not deserving? maybe there are some undeserving people that live in our nation!! and for those people they make such things as a u-haul.have a great day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or