U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-11-2009, 05:22 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,900,435 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

"His guilty plea in this case may subject him to detention, deportation and other sanctions at the direction of the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement."

Eventually - wearing headphones so he could hear a simultaneous translation into Spanish - Tejada rose and stepped forward to a podium, facing Kay, and was sworn in. He stated his full name, "Miguel Odalis Tejada Martinez." Later, Tejada was asked how far he went in school and answered, "Eighth grade, sir."

HollisterFreelance.com | Tejada guilty of misleading Congress (http://www.freelancenews.com/sports/253626-tejada-guilty-of-misleading-congress - broken link)

Should he be deported, I'm sure baseball and America will go on without him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-11-2009, 05:32 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,075,346 times
Reputation: 2244
im sure he wont. his money is long. his lawyers are on point. the judge that reviews his case will not recommend deportation.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
"His guilty plea in this case may subject him to detention, deportation and other sanctions at the direction of the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement."

Eventually - wearing headphones so he could hear a simultaneous translation into Spanish - Tejada rose and stepped forward to a podium, facing Kay, and was sworn in. He stated his full name, "Miguel Odalis Tejada Martinez." Later, Tejada was asked how far he went in school and answered, "Eighth grade, sir."

HollisterFreelance.com | Tejada guilty of misleading Congress (http://www.freelancenews.com/sports/253626-tejada-guilty-of-misleading-congress - broken link)

Should he be deported, I'm sure baseball and America will go on without him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2009, 05:56 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,900,435 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
im sure he wont. his money is long. his lawyers are on point. the judge that reviews his case will not recommend deportation.
Money aside, I think it will depend on how irritated the Judge will be. After all, he's just a baseball player and there are plenty more where he came from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2009, 05:36 PM
 
43 posts, read 45,956 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
"His guilty plea in this case may subject him to detention, deportation and other sanctions at the direction of the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement."

Eventually - wearing headphones so he could hear a simultaneous translation into Spanish - Tejada rose and stepped forward to a podium, facing Kay, and was sworn in. He stated his full name, "Miguel Odalis Tejada Martinez." Later, Tejada was asked how far he went in school and answered, "Eighth grade, sir."

HollisterFreelance.com | Tejada guilty of misleading Congress (http://www.freelancenews.com/sports/253626-tejada-guilty-of-misleading-congress - broken link)

Should he be deported, I'm sure baseball and America will go on without him.

Tejada is just another legal resident of the us that mislead with answers,
just like GW Bush, Clinton, Mark McGuire etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2009, 05:49 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,900,435 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by boricuita View Post
Tejada is just another legal resident of the us that mislead with answers,
just like GW Bush, Clinton, Mark McGuire etc.
The problem with your statement? Bush, Clinton and McGuire ARE US CITIZENS. Tejada, on the other hand is a legal immigrant who has proven himself unworthy of that status. Thus, the judge has every right to order him deported.

After reading the above, and realizing how uneducated you are and how ignorant your defense is and gob smacking yourself, I'm sure your head must really be killing you now.

Would you like some aspirin for that

Last edited by JDubsMom; 02-12-2009 at 06:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2009, 07:47 PM
 
Location: Surprise, Az
3,496 posts, read 8,346,309 times
Reputation: 1832
I doubt he gets deported. Be prepared for more disappointment if you are thinking or hoping that he will be...

He has plenty of what counts...$$$
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top