U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 10:06 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Absolutely! Perhaps they believe if they say it enough times, we will grow weary and eventually acquiesce. They obviously don’t realize that inculcated BS is still BS.
Thanks for agreeing....and you just got the "rough draft"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 10:18 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Thanks for agreeing....and you just got the "rough draft"...
Wow! I can't wait for the "final draft."

Old 02-13-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Wow! I can't wait for the "final draft."
See above. I took a deep breath and 'finalized' it....

Old 02-13-2009, 11:09 PM

4 posts, read 8,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad-The-Impaler View Post
About 27% of inmates in Federal, State and local jails are criminal aliens, most from Mexico!

www.gao.gov/new.items/d05337r.pdf

Information on Criminal Illegal Aliens Incarcerated in Federal and State Prisons and Local Jails.

The percentage of all federal prisoners who are criminal aliens has remained the same over the last 3 years—about 27 percent. The majority of criminal aliens incarcerated at the end of calendar year 2004 were identified as citizens of Mexico.

governments under SCAAP--totaled approximately $5.8 billion for calendar years 2001 through 2004. BOP’s cost to incarcerate criminal aliens rose from about $950 million in 2001 to about $1.2 billion in 2004—a 14 percent increase. Federal reimbursements for incarcerating criminal aliens in state prisons and local jails declined from $550 million in 2001 to $280 million in 2004, in a large part due to a reduction in congressional appropriations.

At the state level, the 50 states received reimbursement for incarcerating about 77,000 criminal aliens in fiscal year 2002 and 47 states received reimbursement for incarcerating about 74,000 in fiscal year 2003.1 For the 5 states incarcerating about 80 percent of these criminal aliens in fiscal year 2003, 2 about 68 percent incarcerated in midyear 2004 reported that the country of citizenship or country of birth as Mexico, the Dominican Republic, or Cuba. We estimate that 4 of these 5 states spent about $1.6 billion to incarcerate criminal aliens reimbursed through SCAAP during fiscal years 2002 and 2003.3 We estimate that the federal government reimbursed these four states about 25 percent or less of the estimated cost to incarcerate these criminal aliens in fiscal years 2002 and 2003.

• At the local level, in fiscal year 2002, SCAAP reimbursed about 750 local governments for incarcerating about 138,000 criminal aliens. In fiscal year 2003, SCAAP reimbursed about 700 local governments for about 147,000 criminal aliens, with 5 local jail systems4 accounting for about 30 percent of these criminal aliens. The 147,000 criminal aliens incarcerated during fiscal year 2003 spent a total of about 8.5 million days in jail. Mexico leads as the country of birth for foreign-born arrestees at these 5 local jails in fiscal year 2003. We estimate that 4 of these 5 local jails spent an estimated $390 million in fiscal years 2002 and 2003 to incarcerate criminal aliens and were reimbursed about $73 million through SCAAP. We estimate that the federal government reimbursed these localities about 25 percent or less of the estimated criminal alien incarceration cost in fiscal years 2002 and 2003.
______________________________________...

1 In fiscal year 2003, Illinois, Montana, and Oregon did not submit claims for reimbursement.
2 The five states are Arizona, California, Florida, New York, and Texas.
3 We omitted Texas from our analysis since fiscal year 2003 cost data were not available.
Texas spent about $130 million in fiscal year 2002 to incarcerate SCAAP criminal aliens.
4 The five local jails are Maricopa County, Arizona; Los Angeles County, California; Orange County, California; New York City, New York; and Harris County, Texas.
I am wondering where you got your info because I worked in 2 prisons and most of the inmates were black and not hispanic or white. For every 20 inmates 15 were black. I worked as a counselor and although I believe that every person has a right to rehabilitation I think for the majority its a waste of money and time. I counseled 250 inmates per day and I was lucky if 5 cooperated and were not forced to participate.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:11 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haywife View Post
I am wondering where you got your info because I worked in 2 prisons and most of the inmates were black and not hispanic or white. For every 20 inmates 15 were black. I worked as a counselor and although I believe that every person has a right to rehabilitation I think for the majority its a waste of money and time. I counseled 250 inmates per day and I was lucky if 5 cooperated and were not forced to participate.
I would hardly consider 2 prisons out of thousands of prisons, jails, and detention centers nationwide to be an accurate representation of the illegal alien penal population. Yes, we have a disproportionate number of black convicts. However, we are not discussing black (legal resident) incarceration; we are discussing the illegal alien jail/prison population.

It should be disconcerting for every legal resident of this country to have our penal institutions comprised of 27% of inmates who shouldn’t even be here. After all, we have to foot the bill.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:14 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Please explain to me why LA and San Diego's 10 most wanted are all Hispanic then?

Old 02-14-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Please explain to me why LA and San Diego's 10 most wanted are all Hispanic then?
Probably because their PARENTS and GRANDPARENTS were Hispanic...wouldn't you think? Why is ANYBODY Hispanic, for that matter?...

"Hey man, how long you been walkin'....ten blocks ?"

"Ten BLOCKS, man? Hell NO I ain't been Joaquin ten blocks...I been Joaquin all my LIFE, ese"...

Old 02-14-2009, 12:14 PM

575 posts, read 3,426,573 times
Quote:
I am wondering where you got your info because I worked in 2 prisons and most of the inmates were black and not Hispanic or white. For every 20 inmates 15 were black. I worked as a counselor and although I believe that every person has a right to rehabilitation I think for the majority its a waste of money and time. I counseled 250 inmates per day and I was lucky if 5 cooperated and were not forced to participate.
Haywife is on the money, 12 to 13% of the US population is black YET almost 80% of our prison populations is black, and the remaining 20% can be split among the other ethnicities such as white, mexican etc...

By the way the DOJ is going to cease giving out this info to keep us in the dark of what's really going on.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:30 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chick View Post
Haywife is on the money, 12 to 13% of the US population is black YET almost 80% of our prison populations is black, and the remaining 20% can be split among the other ethnicities such as white, mexican etc...

By the way the DOJ is going to cease giving out this info to keep us in the dark of what's really going on.
Quote:
African-Americans are arrested and imprisoned for drug-related crimes at a much higher rate than white offenders, even though whites commit more drug offenses in the United States, a rights group said.
A black man is 12 times more likely to be sent to prison for a drug offense than a white man, according to a Human Rights Watch report titled "Targeting Blacks: Drug Law Enforcement (http://www.rawstory.com/news/afp/US_blacks_jailed_at_higher_rate_for_05062008.html# - broken link) and Race in the United States."
A black woman is five times more likely to go to jail for a drug crime than a white counterpart, said the report, which is based on a review of statistics in 34 US states.

In 16 states, including Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland and New York, blacks are sentenced to prison for drug offenses at a rate 10 to 42 times higher than whies.
"Most drug offenders are white, but most of the drug offenders sent to prison are black," said the report's author, Jamie Fellner, senior counsel in the US program at Human Rights Watch.

http://www.rawstory.com/news/afpUS_blacks_jailed_at_higher_rate_for_05062008.ht ml (broken link)
The racial disparities in our justice system are well documented. I am a firm believer that those who commit crimes (regardless of race or gender) should be punished to the full extent of the law. Unfortunately, when it comes to the judicial system and racial inequality in America, more often than not justice is placed in the hands of bigots.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:45 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The racial disparities in our justice system are well documented. I am a firm believer that those who commit crimes (regardless of race or gender) should be punished to the full extent of the law. Unfortunately, when it comes to the judicial system and racial inequality in America, more often than not justice is placed in the hands of bigots.
Good point there concerning young Black men.

And; many pro illegal apologists try to use a similar 'race card' to justify the presence of illegal aliens since most of them are some variety of 'Hispanic'---------never mind that White, full blood Indian or Black Latinos do not seem count in the eyes of La Raza, just the part Indian (Mestizo) ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or