U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 07:36 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,697,044 times

Advertisements

Did we have to learn Gaelic or German or Chinese to get jobs or even communicate with people. Did the governement had out services for free? NO!!!!!! My family came from Ireland , DID assimulate and asked for and recieved nothing from the government, huge difference between the times.

This isnt anti Mexican, it is anti- ILLEGAL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2007, 07:42 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,697,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAB View Post
I feel almost the same way you do.
Im a Mexican born,US citizen.
Who was here illegaly for a little while when I first got here.
Im 33 years old now and I guess the question some of the racists here have is.
HAS HE CONTRIBUTED TO SOCIETY?
well,let me tell you.
I served in the armed forces when I was a young man,I pay my taxes and own real estate in CA and AZ.
I dont deal drugs,dont beat my wife,dont rape women and dont collect welfare.
Yo soy bilingue y muy orgulloso de ser Mexicano.
Mi hija tambien estara orgullosa de ser de sangre hispana,apesar que nacio aqui en los Estados Unidos.

Whoever doesnt like my spanish can kiss my you know what.Because Im an American citizen and enjoy my rights,like freedom of speech.
I can talk in spanish whenever I want to,and theres nothing any of you can do about it.
Call me an illegal all you want because I speak spanish.
Just let me tell you,that uncle Sam once called me part of the FEW and the PROUD.

I dont give a rats rear if you speak spanish as well as english. Point is you do speak english and sounds like you are legal now.English is my native tongue I also speak German, a little gaelic, from my family and some spanish. I am an american citizen born and raised. I know when to use my languages. This isnt about speaking different languages it is knowng when to use them. I know some that speak spanish and also know english, but refuse to speak english they would rather wait for someone to speak to them in their language, which yea pisses me off, so I will speak to them in German, which really pisses them off!!! Two can play that game.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:12 AM

17 posts, read 33,708 times
Mexicans in Raleigh? Or...Illegal Immigrants in Raleigh? Political correctness. That might come off as slightly racist.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:11 PM

770 posts, read 3,346,076 times
If this makes me racist....
I'm a racist because I asked my government to uphold the law and deport illegal aliens.

I'm a racist because I believe all law enforcement agents should be empowered to handle deportation matters concerning illegal aliens. (The illegal aliens influenced the latino town council in King City, California to ban the INS from that community. Go figure that one out!).

I'm a racist because I asked my city government to uphold city codes and not allow single family dwellings to be occupied by a dozen non-related people.

I'm a racist because I asked my state government not to issue a drivers licenses and/or driving certificates to illegal aliens.

I'm a racist because I asked USA employers to employ fellow USA-Americans.

I'm a racist because I object to paying higher uninsured motorist premiums because of illegal aliens driving uninsured and killing my legal or fellow USA-Americans.

I'm a racist because I strongly object to the criminal element and culture illegal aliens bring with them to encroach on USA-American society.

I'm a racist because I don't want to be taxed to pay for a prison population comprised of mainly Hispanics, Latinos, Mexicans or whatever else the Media tell us to call them.

I'm a racist because I suffer severe emotional distress everytime I watch the News broadcasts and hear that another USA police officer has been attacked or murdered by an illegal alien comprised of mainly Hispanics, Latinos, Mexicans.

I'm a racist because I demand that my government protect our borders and our sovereignty.

I'm a racist because I believe that the News Media has a duty to tell us the names and race/ethnicity of criminals.

I'm a racist because I object to having to pay higher sales tax and property tax to build more schools for the illegitimate kids of illegal aliens.

I'm a racist because I object to paying higher taxes to absorb the loss of hospitals across USA-America because of illegal aliens.

I'm a racist because I want to deny citizenship to all anchor babies born in this country after Amnesty (December, 1986).

I'm a racist because I object to our welfare system being raped by illegal aliens.

I'm a racist because I object to corporations and government agencies spending billions of dollars to re-write signs, instructions, materials, etc. in Spanish.

I'm a racist because I object to corporations and government agencies spending billions to translate in Spanish.

I'm a racist because I dislike having to push one for English and/or listening to a message in Spanish.

I'm a racist because I object to our immigration policies giving preferential treatment to illegal aliens while discriminating against people who apply to immigrate legally. Factual is not racial. Realism is not racism. The new definition of a racist is anyone winning an argument with a liberal, a minority, a pacifist, the Church, the Temple, or a Mindless Moron.

Old 09-07-2007, 02:35 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
The United States is a "legal" concept. It awards citizenship to all who are eligible, regardless of race or ethnicity (unlike many other nations.) And obviously, US citizenship is not awarded on the basis of who is "good" or "nice". There are plenty of horrible, trashy Americans, and many very fine foreigners---and I'm sure that most Americans would be happy to deport the "trash" among us, if this were legally possible---but, sadly, that's not what determines citizenship. An American citizen SHOULD be able to understand English--beyond that, he/she is certainly entitled to speak any language (or languages) that he wants to.
If you are a "Mexican-American", then you are an American citizen. You have every right to be in the USA, not because of your ancestry, but because of your legal status as a citizen. You have every right to demand the respect of your government, and you are not required to pay any attention to any racists who may not appreciate you. The racists have no right to tell you anything, except their opinion.
If, on the other hand, you are a Mexican citizen, who is in the US illegally, then you are not a US citizen. Legally, you have no more rights than an illegal from Germany, or from India, from Afghanistan, or any other place. If your PERSONAL ancestors actually DID live in the present-day US Southwest, then, when it was "transferred" to US status, your ancestors BECAME US citizens. But if your OWN ancestors lived elsewhere in Mexico, then of course you are now a Mexican citizen, and it is your responsibility to seek US citizenship in order to live here, if you don't want to be classified as "illegal", just as it would be no matter where you came from. Ethnic roots and historical ties have no validity under US law.
The statement "I'm a Mexican, and therefore I have a RIGHT to come to the US, because part of it USED to belong to Mexico, and was taken away from 'us' in a war", really makes no more sense than someone saying "I'm a white American, and I have a RIGHT to tell blacks what to do, because some people of my race USED to own black slaves, and they were taken away from 'us' in a war".....
NEITHER of these two statements makes any sense at all. If you are an American, your interests lie in America. If you have a problem with racists, perhaps you should just try to ignore them. Most of them thrive on attention, and the madder you get, the more "power" they have. If we'd all just ignore the racists, we'd be able to get together and solve some of our own problems--and maybe we'd even have enough energy left over to help Mexico solve theirs, too---after all, a happy neighbor is better than an angry one....

Old 09-11-2007, 11:56 AM

770 posts, read 3,346,076 times
This is a table that tells us the number of undocumented immigrants in the US in 1998, nearly 10 years ago! Imagine what the numbers are for Mexicans now? This is for the person that gave me a negative rating saying that there are more illegals then Mexican,we all know that but when they are 55% of the illegal population(and that was back in 1998) and these are just the ones we can keep track of! Instead of hiding behind a negative rating why not post some facts up here showing me that illegal Mexicans are not hurting the US economy, are not causing increased tax hikes, show me where another orgin is causing this in America....for the record I do not support illegal immigration NO matter what country you are from. When you look at these numbers also keep in mind the amount of children the #1 slot holds of illegal immigration. All those children who they are not paying taxes for when their kids are using our schools, welfare system, public facilities,roads, hospitals...the list goes on and on...

Table 2. Undocumented immigrants in the U.S., by country of origin, 1998
__________________________________________________ ____________________________
Country of Origin Total Number of Percentage of
Undocumented Total Undocumented
Immigrants Population
Total, U.S. 4,700,000 100.0%
Mexico 2,538,000 54.0
El Salvador 315,000 6.7
Guatemala 155,000 3.3
Canada 113,000 2.4
Haiti 99,000 2.1
Philippines 89,000 1.9
Honduras 85,000 1.8
The Bahamas 66,000 1.4
Nicaragua 66,000 1.4
Poland 66,000 1.4
Colombia 61,000 1.3
Other 1,047,000 22.3
Source: The distribution of illegals is based on INS estimates for October 1996. The total number
of illegals by country for 1998 is based on the 1996 distribution multiplied by the total number of
illegals estimated for 1998.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or