Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 08:37 PM

770 posts, read 3,680,813 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Maryland and am thinking of moving to the Cary/Apex/Holly Springs area. I have lived in Charlotte, NC...about 5 years ago, one of the reasons we left was because there were way too many Mexicans, illegals, flooding the public areas, malls, schools...they were everywhere. I do not like paying for someone else to live here illegally. Yes there are illegals here in Maryland...but I do not live anywhere near them. I was just wondering if those areas, I mentioned above have a high Mexican rate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2007, 08:59 PM

146 posts, read 691,162 times
Just to clarify, because I see people throw around the term "Mexicans" whenever talking about any spanish-speaking person.

1. Not all Hispanics are from Mexico.
2. Not all illegals are from Mexico.
3. (while we're on the subject - I see this one misused less frequently) Not all aliens are illegal.

Old 03-16-2007, 09:12 PM

251 posts, read 1,143,012 times
I heard a Hispanic man call into a local talk radio show a few weeks ago and he said he is personally upset that so many Hispanics are entering the U.S. illegally, since he himself went through the trouble of coming in legally. He was pretty miffed about it.

So I don't think it's just caucasians or people of other races who are concerned. Even Hispanics who have entered legally are irked.

Just because someone has issues with illegal immigration does not mean they're racist. In more cases than not, it means they just want the laws of our land respected. They also don't like seeing their taxes go to pay freebies for people coming in illegally.

I can't directly answer your question about those particular bedroom communities you mentioned, but I can say that Wake County is getting 7,000 new students every year in the public school system. And 2,000 of those are undocumented.

If you check other threads here on this topic you'll get more. Most people seem to think it's a growing problem. Those hiring illegals and making good money off paying them diddly-squat probably don't think it's a problem.

Part of the problem is that N.C. is such an easy state for illegals to get driver's licenses in.

I once heard someone say that their dog could get a driver's license here.

Old 03-17-2007, 12:40 AM

1,502 posts, read 4,084,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBTA View Post
Just to clarify, because I see people throw around the term "Mexicans" whenever talking about any spanish-speaking person.

3. (while we're on the subject - I see this one misused less frequently) Not all aliens are illegal.
It is estimated that 65% to 70% of Hispanics in NC are here illegally.

NC is the 8th most populous state of illegal aliens.

Old 03-17-2007, 12:42 AM

1,502 posts, read 4,084,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njrover0216 View Post
I currently live in Maryland and am thinking of moving to the Cary/Apex/Holly Springs area. I have lived in Charlotte, NC...about 5 years ago, one of the reasons we left was because there were way too many Mexicans, illegals, flooding the public areas, malls, schools...they were everywhere. I do not like paying for someone else to live here illegally. Yes there are illegals here in Maryland...but I do not live anywhere near them. I was just wondering if those areas, I mentioned above have a high Mexican rate?
I dont live in that area of NC either. (glad you are posting this in the immigration forum, not NC )

I can tell you that Charlotte will have its own immigration court up and running by the end of 2007 so thats good. What areas of Charlotte or malls in particular did you see with high amounts of illegals? I find that Concord Mills Mall has the highest proportion of illegals than any other mall around this area. Interesting fact is that Concord Mills in NCs most visited tourist attraction.

Old 03-17-2007, 12:47 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
It is estimated that 65% to 70% of Hispanics in NC are here illegally.

NC is the 8th most populous state of illegal aliens.

Also reported the otherday when Bush was in Mexico giving America away to Mexico was that 85% of all illegals in this country are from Mexico.

Old 03-17-2007, 06:43 PM

989 posts, read 5,925,394 times
Quote:
SmArTy PaNts...

Old 03-17-2007, 06:50 PM

652 posts, read 2,804,345 times
Quote:

Tell me about it...I was recently assaulted by a gang of White Germanic people possibly here without documents. Happens a lot as a matter of fact, but the racist and anti-Latino mainstream media doesn't report all these White illegals doing all sorts of dastardly things.

Old 03-17-2007, 08:13 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,089,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James T View Post
Tell me about it...I was recently assaulted by a gang of White Germanic people possibly here without documents. Happens a lot as a matter of fact, but the racist and anti-Latino mainstream media doesn't report all these White illegals doing all sorts of dastardly things.
That would be 'extremely rare' to be assaulted in U.S. by gang of white Germans or other Europeans, legal or illegal. They don't form gangs here, and don't live in groups as they did in the early 1900's, and they don't even come here illegally for the most part. I've been here over half a century and keep up on the news, and believe me the liberal news would love to report something like this.

Old 03-17-2007, 08:55 PM

484 posts, read 1,944,623 times
Default Illegal Europeans

That would be 'extremely rare' to be assaulted in U.S. by gang of white Germans or other Europeans, legal or illegal. They don't form gangs here, and don't live in groups as they did in the early 1900's, and they don't even come here illegally for the most part.

Someone should tell that to the large number of illegal Irish people in Boston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration