U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2009, 07:38 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
WASHINGTON - More than 100,000 parents whose children are U.S. citizens were deported over the decade that ended in 2007, a Department of Homeland Security investigation has found.
Arizona Republic article

So much for Anchor Babies 'ensuring' that illegal aliens do not get deported.

Note the article mentioned 2007 as the end of that period-------------I strongly suspect that similar deportations have really ramped up since.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 09:01 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
"I am saddened, but not surprised to learn that our government, in its harsh anti-immigrant stance, has split hundreds of thousands of families apart over the past decade," said Rep. Jose Serrano, D-N.Y.
I didn’t realize we were deporting “immigrants.” I’m shocked and appalled.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:10 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,032,296 times
What a load of crap! What they fail to mention is that the children can go with their parents, and later return to the US as adults (if they are citizens).
The day I can go to the UK/Italy/France/Finland/Russia/Turkey/Egypt etc..., pop out a kid and then declare myself a de facto citizen of that country is the day I might give their incredibly ridiculous position some credibility.
That day will never come.....

Old 02-14-2009, 09:23 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I didn’t realize we were deporting “immigrants.” I’m shocked and appalled.
Me. too. I find this disturbing. Not only are our harsh laws splitting apart the families of 'immigrants', they're ALSO splitting apart the families of car thieves, burglars, drug dealers, and those who drive drunk. SHAMEFUL !

(By the way, if it's true that we're deporting 'immigrants', how are we 'splitting up families', anyway? Are we 'taking their kids from them'? Aren't they free to have their kids accompany them? This makes no sense to me at all)....

I once "broke up a family" myself. Mom and kiddies rented a house of ours. Worked fine for 2 years. "Hubby" got out of jail, moved in, and the rent payments stopped. Phone calls were not returned, etc. After FIVE MONTHS of no rent, and no communication, I hauled the guy into Small Claims Court....where he stood before the judge and informed him I was "breaking up his family, and taking away their home".

Guess I'm just a 'born meanie'....

Old 02-16-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Me. too. I find this disturbing. Not only are our harsh laws splitting apart the families of 'immigrants', they're ALSO splitting apart the families of car thieves, burglars, drug dealers, and those who drive drunk. SHAMEFUL !

(By the way, if it's true that we're deporting 'immigrants', how are we 'splitting up families', anyway? Are we 'taking their kids from them'? Aren't they free to have their kids accompany them? This makes no sense to me at all)....

I once "broke up a family" myself. Mom and kiddies rented a house of ours. Worked fine for 2 years. "Hubby" got out of jail, moved in, and the rent payments stopped. Phone calls were not returned, etc. After FIVE MONTHS of no rent, and no communication, I hauled the guy into Small Claims Court....where he stood before the judge and informed him I was "breaking up his family, and taking away their home".

Guess I'm just a 'born meanie'
People like you give a whole new meaning to the word “meanie.” How could you be so heartless not to allow that family to remain in your house indefinitely free of charge? You obviously didn’t need the money since you paid your mortgage without receiving rent from them. What kind of monster are you?

Old 02-16-2009, 12:36 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
People like you give a whole new meaning to the word “meanie.” How could you be so heartless not to allow that family to remain in your house indefinitely free of charge? You obviously didn’t need the money since you paid your mortgage without receiving rent from them. What kind of monster are you?
As Bill Clinton might have said, "Shucks, you're right! I'm just a DAWG !!"

Old 02-16-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
As Bill Clinton might have said, "Shucks, you're right! I'm just a DAWG !!"
Agreed. Furthermore, you should have offered free medical insurance for the family. Geez!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration