U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2009, 02:23 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,880,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
MANASSAS PARK, Va. (AP) - Immigrants in Prince William County are planning to march to protest county policies they say have torn apart families, caused racial tension and made them fearful of reporting crimes.

Protesters say they will call on lawmakers to rescind a nearly year-old policy that, in part, allows local police to enforce federal immigration law. They say the policy, which drew national attention, has torn apart families and created tension between Hispanic immigrants and police.
WRIC Richmond News and Weather - Immigrants plan march against Va county's policies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 02:31 PM

1,087 posts, read 2,351,492 times
I don't know why these people would put themselves in this position. The cops are just following orders and the law. If they don't like it, then they should be more involved on their local politics and less on who will be the next President of the REPUBLICA. Their voices will only be heard if they vote. Somehow these protests always backfired on them. Let's just hope they don't march down Pennsylvania Avenue holding Mexican flags.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:37 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,072,715 times
I think we should contact the Manassas Park VA city hall and demand to know why they are harrassing immigrants? I mean, if they are immigrants that would mean that their papers are in order and that they are here in the US legally, right? Otherwise the AP would have said illegal immigrants

Do you know when a movement is in failure? When they have to lie about the most basic facts of their pov.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:40 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,880,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I think we should contact the Manassas Park VA city hall and demand to know why they are harrassing immigrants? I mean, if they are immigrants that would mean that their papers are in order and that they are here in the US legally, right? Otherwise the AP would have said illegal immigrants

Do you know when a movement is in failure? When they have to lie about the most basic facts of their pov.
Indeed!

Old 02-16-2009, 04:21 PM

23,099 posts, read 32,167,735 times
I think this is going to backfire big time against Mexicans without Borders (does that sound like a LEGAL immigrant group to you? ). 9500Liberty and The Washington Post have badmouthed Prince William County to no end and MWB has only helped to fuel both. I think the county's residents want to tell MWB where they can stick their marches and protests.

Actually i want to protest Prince William's policies too. Their policies have pushed illegals into Alexandria City and points north and i'm seeing firsthand why Prince William was so ruthless in wanting them out.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:40 PM

47,576 posts, read 59,007,110 times
I think it's time all the patriotic Mexicans (they certainly claim to be) return home and try to help their country. They ought to do something useful with all that great Mexican pride they're always talking about.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:44 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,726,934 times
its already happening thumb print scans at the border

Man wanted on murder charges arrested entering U.S.

Old 02-17-2009, 02:56 AM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,587,765 times
Mexicans without borders? Fine. Firstly, I'd like the Mexican govt. to allow thousands of impoverished, unemployed, and low-skilled Salvadorans, Guatemalans, Nicaraguans, Cubans, etc. from south of the Mexican border to flood into Mexico when they please.

When such a thing occurs then we can talk.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:05 AM

33,033 posts, read 30,318,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Mexicans without borders? Fine. Firstly, I'd like the Mexican govt. to allow thousands of impoverished, unemployed, and low-skilled Salvadorans, Guatemalans, Nicaraguans, Cubans, etc. from south of the Mexican border to flood into Mexico when they please.

When such a thing occurs then we can talk.
It is ironic that Mexico has some of most harsh immigration laws ins't it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or