Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 02:26 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,554,889 times

Advertisements

This is no joke. We have witnessed the government designation of “illegal alien” transformed into “hate” speech by supporters of illegal immigration; so much so, many avoid using this term like the plague, lest they be labeled a racist. Some won’t even say illegal immigrant. After all, only racists consider any human being to be illegal, notwithstanding the fact that their presence in this country is illegal. When we allow ethnocentric illegal immigration profiteers to dictate what we can and can not say, we are essentially relinquishing our 1st Amendment rights.

Don’t be surprised if eventually the government mandates that all forums filter the word “illegal” when used in conjunction with alien or immigrant.

Quote:
Across the West we see efforts to restrict free expression of political ideas related to immigration. We’re familiar with what’s been happening in Europe: not only the Muhammad-cartoon riots in Denmark, but more recently a court in Holland applying Saudi blasphemy rules to a local politician. There was also a U.N. resolution passed in December prohibiting defamation of Islam with the goal of making such defamation a crime under international law.

Accusations of “Islamophobia” have been used as a cudgel to shut down debate even in Canada, where Islamic groups have used the law to try to silence National Review’s Mark Steyn and others.

We are seeing a similar dynamic here. Obviously, the challenge that immigration-driven multiculturalism poses to free speech here is the decaf, low-calorie version of what Europe and Canada face. The cultural distance between our society and the bulk of our immigrants is much smaller than in Europe, and we have a much stronger sense of ourselves, which has resulted in more success in getting newcomers to assimilate.

The most recent salvo on this side of the ocean is a report released last week by the Southern Poverty Law Center tarring the three leading groups working to limit immigration—including my own Center for Immigration Studies—as part of a racist conspiracy, supposedly orchestrated by a retired eye doctor in Michigan named John Tanton. The fact that they went after mainstream groups rather than fringe ones shows that the goal is not elevating the tone of public discourse but shutting it down altogether.
Here, the goal is to silence supporters of immigration-law enforcement, and that outsiders must be permitted to immigrate on their own terms, not ours.

This is no longer about immigration. It’s about freedom.
Free Speech Is Great, But . . . by Mark Krikorian on National Review Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 02:31 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
illegal anything is wrong.
of course our own hypocracy of attempting to have an enslaved work force serving us which we pretend we did not allow to come here, is a bit evil no?
mexican, chinese, under age street walkers being pimped, at home the new domestic tyrants with lip stick, americans have no problem with slavery as long as its not them.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
illegal anything is wrong.
of course our own hypocracy of attempting to have an enslaved work force serving us which we pretend we did not allow to come here, is a bit evil no?
mexican, chinese, under age street walkers, the new domestic tyrants with lip stick, americans have no problem with slavery as long as its not them.
I would not condone slavery, under any circumstances. Sadly, many supporters of illegal immigration are doing precisely that, even if unwittingly.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:40 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,745,787 times
Quote:
The most recent salvo on this side of the ocean is a report released last week by the Southern Poverty Law Center tarring the three leading groups working to limit immigration—including my own Center for Immigration Studies—as part of a racist conspiracy, supposedly orchestrated by a retired eye doctor in Michigan named John Tanton.
John Tanton is not just some retired eye doctor in michigan, that guy is a well documented racist and bigot. It's not surprising that CIS didn't say anything else about their founder John Tanton.

Quote:
“…In a Nov. 13, 1994, letter to white nationalist columnist Lawrence Auster, a regular correspondent, Tanton suggested that the Declaration of Independence was actually a document based on the “bond of blood and ethnicity — nationhood.” Almost a year earlier, in a Dec. 10, 1993, letter to Garrett Hardin, a controversial ecology professor, he said: “I’ve come to the point of view that for European-American society and culture to persist requires a European-American majority, and a clear one at that.” On Jan. 26, 1996, he wrote Roy Beck, head of the immigration restrictionist group NumbersUSA (and then an employee of Tanton’s foundation U.S. Inc.), questioning whether Latinos were capable of governing California. “I have no doubt that individual minority persons can assimilate to the culture necessary to run an advanced society,” Tanton said in his letter to Beck, “but if through mass migration, the culture of the homeland is transplanted from Latin America to California, then my guess is we will see the same degree of success with governmental and social institutions that we have seen in Latin America.” Referring to the changing California public schools, Tanton wondered “whether the minorities who are going to inherit California (85% of the lower-grade school children are now ‘minorities’ — demography is destiny) can run an advanced society?”…
….Over the years, his closest friend on the white nationalist scene seems to have been Jared Taylor, the man who began publishing American Renaissance, a racist, pseudo-scientific magazine focusing on race, intelligence and eugenics, in 1990. (“When blacks are left entirely to their own devices,” Taylor wrote in its pages a few years ago, “Western civilization — any kind of civilization — disappears.”)
John Tanton Exposed - Like a Cheap, Dirty Flasher | The Pink Flamingo

I am sure you so called "anti-illegals" will ignore all of this.

Last edited by blacknight04; 02-16-2009 at 03:49 PM..

Old 02-16-2009, 03:49 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
John Tanton is not just some retired eye doctor in michigan, that guy is a well documented racist and bigot. It's not surprising that CIS didn't say anything else about their founder John Tanton.
You don't need to convince ME...anyone opposing illegal immigration MUST be a racist and a bigot....I've heard all I need to hear about Mr. Tanton. I don't know, nor do I care, how he feels about pedophilia, suicide bombers, or those who sell tainted food. He could come out against DRUNK DRIVING now, for all I care..and I STILL wouldn't listen to him. Bigots have NO PLACE in our society. They should all be put out of their misery (and ours, too).

Old 02-16-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
And Morris Dees is not exactly the virtue poster boy. Illegal immigration is a lucrative business, and Dees and his SPLC are some of the foremost profiteers.

Quote:
A little background on the SPLC. The group is headed by Morris Dees, described even by left-wing writers as a “fraud” and a “millionaire huckster”—essentially a cross between Joseph McCarthy and Tammy Faye Bakker. Exposés on the group have run in the Montgomery Advertiser (which probably would have won a Pulitzer but for the SPLC’s lobbying efforts against it), Harper’s, and The Nation, but the money train continues—the SPLC’s 2007 tax return shows net assets of $219 million.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
And Morris Dees is not exactly the virtue poster boy. Illegal immigration is a lucrative business, and Dees and his SPLC are some of the foremost profiteers.

So he's a phony, insincere, and an odious huckster..so what? At least he's TRYING....which is more than I can say about John Tanton. He's just a 'grump'....

Old 02-16-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Your point is? Have they ever been charged with employing illegal immigrants? How exactly do they profit..please enlighten me.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
You don't need to convince ME...anyone opposing illegal immigration MUST be a racist and a bigot....I've heard all I need to hear about Mr. Tanton. I don't know, nor do I care, how he feels about pedophilia, suicide bombers, or those who sell tainted food. He could come out against DRUNK DRIVING now, for all I care..and I STILL wouldn't listen to him. Bigots have NO PLACE in our society. They should all be put out of their misery (and ours, too).
That doesn't apply to everyone, but it apparently applies to the Founder and sitting board member of all these anti-immigrant groups.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Your point is? Have they ever been charged with employing illegal immigrants? How exactly do they profit..please enlighten me.
He's got you, Benicar....provide names AND addresses, please....or admit that your argument has no merit...who ARE these illegals you keep talking about? Can you PROVE they exist?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration