U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-18-2009, 08:11 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158

Advertisements

I believe meth is a big problem, it's becoming a very big problem in Mexico and is behind much of the gorier things that are going on there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-20-2009, 12:08 AM
 
608 posts, read 880,943 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Well, let's see. What do you call a kidnapper crossing the border illegally to nab someone on the US side of the border? A tourist?

Most of these people being kidnapped in AZ are being dragged South. At least the ones they've been able to track.

Let me guess, you think this is the fault of the US? The US creates wealth so it's the US's fault. Wow, where have I heard that excuse before? Oh wait, Illegal Immigrants and their support group. The anti-American network of criminals and their criminal support network with zero guilt or shame.
Actually it is the fault of the US drug users (I don't know why people keep ignoring this point) who are creating the demand and making it worth cartels to fight over territory with arms smuggle from the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2009, 12:14 AM
 
608 posts, read 880,943 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Phoenix is also heading down the road to becoming the Meth Capital as well...


Resurgence of meth labs in Arizona feared...
Mexico's crackdown expected to cause production to rise in Ariz.

Demand, I would like you to meet supply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2009, 12:19 AM
 
608 posts, read 880,943 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Unfortunately though you're right. It's not just illegals from Mexico, many legal immigrants from there are involved in the many crimes going on which of course are easy due to a wide open unenforced border.

The laser visas make it quite a bit easier, crimes can be committed in Mexico and over the border to safety the criminals go, and vice versa. Criminals rule over the border now.
And US drug users have empowered them to do so. The only free trade worth billions of dollars is not taxed and is killing people... users, movers and the lords.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2009, 12:32 AM
 
608 posts, read 880,943 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So you think all of the people in a drug cartel are American?

Please explain the difference (pertaining illegal immigration) between someone sneaking across to steal a SS# to work and send money back home (identity theft) and one sneaking across to help kidnap someone for a ransom?

I smell rat in both cases. But then I care about the US and it's citizens. Either instance an American is being preyed upon. I think you are the one that needs the gut check on this.

Once again, I am really tired of people trying to down play the level of criminal activity committed by the AVERAGE Illegal Alien crossing into the US for their personal gain.

Actually the article says...
Quote:
The majority of the victims are either illegal aliens or connected to the drug trade.
If any American is connected to the drug trade (user or pusher) then as far as I am concerned they are on their own. It is just as criminal as illegal entry. I have a hard time buying any argument that an American who betrayed a drug cartel member deserves any sort of protection. Their actions bring the cartels and their criminal activity into the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2009, 12:40 AM
 
Location: USA
4,980 posts, read 8,212,225 times
Reputation: 2506
The drug trade exists here because the government lets it. Nope, no conspiracy, it is just the simple answer. If you owed $50 on your Income tax, the IRS would find you, so don't anyone say that the government can't stop this.
I say they are all in it together. I say there are enough pay offs, to allow drugs and prostitution.
The whole illegal alien, drug smuggling, you name it, happens because of those profiting, and they are being allowed to.
Remember, politicians and some of the rich want money so bad, if blood was money, they'd suck a dead donkey dry to get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2009, 08:12 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
The drug and weapons into Mexico trade exists because there is no enforcement of the border. Violent criminals control it, they are allowed to traffic whatever they like over a very open border.

Close the border and you'd kill two birds with one stone. Mexico wouldn't get it's guns and ammo, the USA wouldn't get the drugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2009, 09:14 AM
 
608 posts, read 880,943 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
The drug trade exists here because the government lets it. Nope, no conspiracy, it is just the simple answer. If you owed $50 on your Income tax, the IRS would find you, so don't anyone say that the government can't stop this.
I say they are all in it together. I say there are enough pay offs, to allow drugs and prostitution.
The whole illegal alien, drug smuggling, you name it, happens because of those profiting, and they are being allowed to.
Remember, politicians and some of the rich want money so bad, if blood was money, they'd suck a dead donkey dry to get it.
The drug trade exists to fulfill US demand. You are right on target especially with your last comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2009, 09:23 AM
 
608 posts, read 880,943 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The drug and weapons into Mexico trade exists because there is no enforcement of the border. Violent criminals control it, they are allowed to traffic whatever they like over a very open border.

Close the border and you'd kill two birds with one stone. Mexico wouldn't get it's guns and ammo, the USA wouldn't get the drugs.
It may temporarily slow drug traffic but demand for drugs in the US is so great and profitable they would eventually find another trade route into the country. Tougher borders and either stooping demand or legalizing ant taxing drugs is the only way to stem the violence. Heck making alcohol is easier than making drugs and look what legalizing it has done to the bootlegging industry.

Why do we have such trouble admitting that drug use/abuse in this country is route cause for this violent crime. The article did state that most all crime and kidnappings are associated with people being involved with these drug cartels/criminals/scumbags.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2009, 10:21 PM
 
1 posts, read 671 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So you think all of the people in a drug cartel are American?

Please explain the difference (pertaining illegal immigration) between someone sneaking across to steal a SS# to work and send money back home (identity theft) and one sneaking across to help kidnap someone for a ransom?

I smell rat in both cases. But then I care about the US and it's citizens. Either instance an American is being preyed upon. I think you are the one that needs the gut check on this.

Once again, I am really tired of people trying to down play the level of criminal activity committed by the AVERAGE Illegal Alien crossing into the US for their personal gain.

People get snuck into the US by the coyotes. When they hit the drop house were they wait for their families or employers to pay the fee, the coyotes up the price. If the price isn't met they are held against their wills' (kidnapped) until they work off the debt themselves or the family pays. The groups who smuggle people also smuggle drugs. For all you people who aren't in tune with the real world, this is how it happens. If you doubt it, move to phoenix to see it for yourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top