U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 03:54 PM

2,262 posts, read 2,691,194 times

Advertisements

It is a shame that he had to pay anything, but I don't know exactly what he did...I mean, I can't condone assault. I do believe that you have a right to defend your property if you feel you are being threatened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 07:03 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Agreed. Think of the anguish this man has endured. Had the jury ruled in favor of the illegals, he could have lost everything. Someone posted info on another rancher who lost his property to illegals. Not to mention, legal fees. I’m sure they were through the roof.
Illegals have become so accustomed to making fools out of the American taxpayers and our court system, until suing for every little thing (and on many occasions winning) has become par for the course with them. I have no doubt that many judges have become sick and tired of their time, and our courtrooms being overrun with people who have no right to be in this country "seeking justice" and having the gravitas to sue Americans and forcing us to pay for interpreters, court cost and public defenders.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:27 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,898,074 times
I am all for anyone protecting their property from trespassers.
What were the assault and battery charges about, though?
And just out of curiosity, what happened in this incident?
Quote:
an October 2004 incident.
In that case, a jury awarded a family of Mexican-Americans on a hunting trip $100,000 in damages, later upheld by the Arizona Supreme Court.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:11 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,773,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
I am all for anyone protecting their property from trespassers.
What were the assault and battery charges about, though?
And just out of curiosity, what happened in this incident?
Protecting your property and family goes a long way back in TX' I don't really give a damn about thier emotional distress. Drug runners,gang members and all the trash Mexico doesn't want slithers across the border at that point. so he shook them up some, who cares at this point. Bullets cost less than lawyers and might make a better point to the next group. Its gonna get rough out there folks.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:19 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,619,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
I do applaud his attempts to stop the Illegals.

He did make a BIG mistake in my personal opinion by flashing "Blue & Gold" badge that said "Barnett Ranch Patrol" Cochise County, State of Arizona. (homemade badges of this nature are Illegal)

They thought he was the POLICE.

That badge is costing the rancher some big money and the Illegals are laughing their way back across the border or as I understand do have temporary papers to stay in the US which should not be.

Criminals should not be rewarded.
You forgot one thing ! he was on his OWN land ! 22,000 acres, they were trespassers ! They or one of them was a convected drug dealer, there is a differance The badge that the sheriff uses at Disney land then are illegal too! Then if they catch a shoplifter the shoplifter can sueand win . Come on get a life , get real there is a BIG - BIG differance .

Old 02-20-2009, 03:43 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Protecting your property and family goes a long way back in TX' I don't really give a damn about thier emotional distress. Drug runners,gang members and all the trash Mexico doesn't want slithers across the border at that point. so he shook them up some, who cares at this point. Bullets cost less than lawyers and might make a better point to the next group. Its gonna get rough out there folks.
Those here illegally who have been inflicting bodily harm on Americans and being allowed by our government, the corporate masters and the ethhocentric racists to steal, kill and destroy all things Americans had better get ready for "change". It's already getting really ugly for those who have no legal right to be here and as time goes on it's going to get much worse.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:08 PM

16,886 posts, read 12,538,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
I do applaud his attempts to stop the Illegals.

He did make a BIG mistake in my personal opinion by flashing "Blue & Gold" badge that said "Barnett Ranch Patrol" Cochise County, State of Arizona. (homemade badges of this nature are Illegal)

They thought he was the POLICE.

That badge is costing the rancher some big money and the Illegals are laughing their way back across the border or as I understand do have temporary papers to stay in the US which should not be.

Criminals should not be rewarded.

guess what, the illegals were the criminals not the rancher. maybe what the rancher should have done is just shut down everything so none of the illegals crossing his property shall find anything but their own demise.

I personally think that this rancher is doing these illegals a favor by call the BP or ICE to come pick up.

who knows what trouble they can or could find out in the open like that.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:17 PM

168 posts, read 417,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Frankly: I like to see those illegal aliens in question sued then thrown out of the USA------------permanently.
I agree

They should have thrown everyone of them in jail for trespassing on his land and our country. They all should have to pay for damaging his property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration