U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-19-2007, 05:28 AM
 
Location: California
11,425 posts, read 16,675,196 times
Reputation: 12447

Advertisements

Don't take me wrong, I don't see these things everywhere I look, it's just my personal observation over the last 35 years of visiting this place, I have good friends who have came from mexico and they do not act like that. I don't blame the illegals for wanting to come here, I just don't understand why anyone would do the things that I have seen.

 
Old 03-19-2007, 07:11 AM
 
Location: Princeton, New Jersey
481 posts, read 809,579 times
Reputation: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex W. View Post
Although, as we've almost all, if not all, acknowledged since 9-11, there are characteristics prevalent (existing more often than a cross-section of the average population) to certain groups, and to keep us from dying in the hands of terrorists, our government more highly screens the Muslims at our airports (since 9-11), rather than scrutinize as highly the latinos, the caucasians, etc.
Please tell me what race you are! I want to start making these "overall characteristics" and drawing generalizations! What you're talking about is out and out stereotyping. Now, DON'T get me wrong! I can't stand ILLEGALS, but I also despise RACISM! If I believe what you say I should go ask my Muslim friends when they're planning on blowing us all up. Puhleeze! Airports don't screen Muslims because they think they might be terrorists, they do it because they are people like you, racists, or at the least prejudiced.

The reason you perceive Muslims as being, oh let's be clever, at "high-risk for terrorism" is because the media only tells you about those EXTREMIST groups who pervert the Quran for their own uses. You never hear about the real Muslims who condemn terrorism or about other terrorist groups and even if you do, you never see the US going after them! We convicted and killed Saddam Hussein for genocide, but we ignore Rwanda and Darfur! Why? They don't have oil we can snap up under our control. In the US opinion, they're just another group killing each other but we don't care in this case since we wouldn't gain anything by helping them.

Meanwhile the US allows Israel to force Palestinians into concentration camp conditions (and the Israelis are now building a wall AROUND the Palestinian areas so they can control their resources and movement), and invade sovereign DEMOCRATIC nations, aka Lebanon, in a supposed war against Hezbollah.. Hell, Bush must be loving Israel! It's got it's people so deadened against war and enraged about Arabs it doesn't even have to deal with angry people like the ones Bush ignores. Interesting that Israelis continued on to Beirut and smashed the hell out of it (how many times is this?). 1,000 Lebanese civilians dead, infrastructure gone, and no real damage to Hezbollah or Israelis! And why is it the US doesn't help out Lebanon, a democratic nation? Hm... Might be because they're Arab!

And with ol' Tex in office, don't expect this kind of hypocrisy to end. They don't execute and imprison more blacks than anywhere else for no reason down there in good ol' Texas.

Oh wait! Don't disagree with me! I'm only listing "overall characteristics." From my point of view that is. Flashing back to Star Wars here "In my opinion the Jedi are evil...." Point of view is different in everyone and to impose yours and call them just "characteristics" is indeed stereotyping, no ifs, ands, or buts.
 
Old 03-19-2007, 07:59 AM
 
1,210 posts, read 1,039,187 times
Reputation: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
Please tell me what race you are! I want to start making these "overall characteristics" and drawing generalizations! What you're talking about is out and out stereotyping. Now, DON'T get me wrong! I can't stand ILLEGALS, but I also despise RACISM! If I believe what you say I should go ask my Muslim friends when they're planning on blowing us all up. Puhleeze! Airports don't screen Muslims because they think they might be terrorists, they do it because they are people like you, racists, or at the least prejudiced.

Please ask them, We would like to know,

Last edited by Yac; 03-20-2007 at 08:01 AM..
 
Old 03-19-2007, 09:24 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles
202 posts, read 755,170 times
Reputation: 149
I have seen two grown men urinating in public. (just in the past few months.)
Both times it was in front of Home Depot.
 
Old 03-19-2007, 10:01 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,703,966 times
Reputation: 2091
I just got back with family from Disney. I can tell you I saw two things.

One we went to lunch on the way there, kids wanted Mcdonalds so we stopped. Went to the rest room, where three female hispanic employees were goingto the bathroom, as they left they passed right by and didnt wash their hands, yuck, we left. Second in the parking lot of said Mcdonalds as we were piling in the car, a woman and her four kids, yes sorry also hispanic, yelling in spanish to two running around the lot, dropped a dirty diaper on the ground and left. GROSS!!!!! I know not all act like this, but I have seen things like this alot in AZ. We were in LA.
 
Old 03-19-2007, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Orange County
354 posts, read 762,334 times
Reputation: 169
I enjoy how accepted it is to post anti-Hispanic anecdotes in this sub-forum.

Now time for the Blacks. I hate that they all speak in slang, eat watermelon all day long, and wear their hair in braids. I mean, why would guys wear their hair in breads? Are they gay or something?

And how about the Whites. I hate that their children try to emulate minorities, or try to become rappers, when we all know they don't have rhythm and can't dance. And the Whites that spend their days sitting in lawn chairs, drinking Bud Lite, and fishing. Don't they have something better to do, like watch Jerry Springer?

The Asians are invading Southern California, because I drive through Little Saigon and Chinatown and the signs aren't in English! And they're taking our jobs, they don't bathe, and they insist on eating cats for breakfast.

Really, guys? Do any of the previous ancdotes about "dirty Mexicans" (were they Salvadoran? Maybe Colombian?) that "spread feces in public restrooms" and have "ten rowdy children" have much to do with illegal immigration? I suppose in the same way that all Muslims are extremist terrorists, all Hispanics are illegal Mexicans.
 
Old 03-19-2007, 03:16 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,714,475 times
Reputation: 1285
Third World sanitation practices differ greatly from those in the US. There is nothing racist about the observation that individuals from these countries may not have the same standards that we do regarding personal hygiene. This is because they have spent their lives in an area where little attention is paid to handwashing, etc. Is it racist to say this? What if it is true?
 
Old 03-19-2007, 07:01 PM
 
Location: Princeton, New Jersey
481 posts, read 809,579 times
Reputation: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I just got back with family from Disney. I can tell you I saw two things.

One we went to lunch on the way there, kids wanted Mcdonalds so we stopped. Went to the rest room, where three female hispanic employees were goingto the bathroom, as they left they passed right by and didnt wash their hands, yuck, we left. Second in the parking lot of said Mcdonalds as we were piling in the car, a woman and her four kids, yes sorry also hispanic, yelling in spanish to two running around the lot, dropped a dirty diaper on the ground and left. GROSS!!!!! I know not all act like this, but I have seen things like this alot in AZ. We were in LA.
Yea, for that I'd report them to their manager and/or report the incident to the corporate office. It might not seem like it will do anything but if someone gets sick from there then at least a report is on record.

It's disgusting, the not washing hands thing, but I see plenty of native/legal people who do not wash their hands. Sigh. And the worst thing of it all is that if we educate the illegals on proper hygiene we help ourselves, but we also help them that much more. It's such a conundrum.
 
Old 03-19-2007, 09:07 PM
 
Location: Orange County
354 posts, read 762,334 times
Reputation: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Third World sanitation practices differ greatly from those in the US. There is nothing racist about the observation that individuals from these countries may not have the same standards that we do regarding personal hygiene. This is because they have spent their lives in an area where little attention is paid to handwashing, etc. Is it racist to say this? What if it is true?
There are obvious cultural differences among first world, second world, and third world countries, and that goes without saying. The problem with the majority of posts in this thread and in others is that most of the people committing these horrendous acts may very well be United States citizens, in which case the posters are no longer "warning about illegal immigration", but a sect of Americans. And I have a problem with that.

Just because someone may be poorly dressed, drive an older vehicle, and not speak English, does not mean they're an illegal alien. It's not alright to stereotype them as such, let alone demean their culture or lifestyle.

P.S. I, nor others, mentioned racism or racist remarks. You, my friend, brought that to the table.
 
Old 03-19-2007, 09:50 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,714,475 times
Reputation: 1285
Thus spake Amavel:
P.S. I, nor others, mentioned racism or racist remarks. You, my friend, brought that to the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
Please tell me what race you are! I want to start making these "overall characteristics" and drawing generalizations! What you're talking about is out and out stereotyping. Now, DON'T get me wrong! I can't stand ILLEGALS, but I also despise RACISM!
Puhleeze! Airports don't screen Muslims because they think they might be terrorists, they do it because they are people like you, racists, or at the least prejudiced.

Last edited by andreabeth; 03-19-2007 at 10:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top